• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So, we came that far.

There's only 5 POTD left and a JP final build demo running from 10 PM EST today. I'm actually pretty nervous because it might help or hurt big on Paper Mario depending on the stage list so, I just wait.

I would just like to say that following those POTD was one of the best thing I've done. I really love the idea of having one forum in the day having talks about everything and sometimes, rough debates. Who could forget the infamous sal leak, the Ridley debates, the toon link chances to then be confirmed after, etc...

But in the nigh, all those are put aside for some hours and everyone comes into this thread to see a picture of the game. So much excitement is there that we temporally forget everything and just chill before seeing this picture. Some of those days had so much impact they will not be forgotten.

Every character reveal, the huge wait for character before the April direct, that one time when we saw the first character reveal in potd, olimar (I remember, I wth?), the most shocking deconfirmation from skull kid to Ghirahim killing strong hopes the stage reveals, days when everyone tough about character reveal and said character isn't, new interesting info like the music and finally, waiting until 4 AM EST to finally see a site update with meta knight reveal.

There's so much magic in this thread with those pics: it's just amazing when you think about it. I'll remember forever that day on July 29 when what happened in this thread was just crazy. That was probably the hypest night I've ever been there live and oh gosh that stage was even more than I wanted and my emotions really couldn't take when they announce the TTYD repping along with mentioning it. Getting one of your favourite series that one game pushed you to do so much that was not repped much before to get a stage is something that is just so hype I couldn't believe it to the point of almost denying it. Then, those alerts...

Really, to all who came here for these moments which turned out to be the best moments on this site in the ssb4 period, you're really lucky because you're one of those that didn't enjoy about just the pic...

You were there and that is the magic of the potd in this thread with a bunch of people.

You could say "I was there" which is far more memorable than checking the pic in the morning.

It's really something that gathers everyone despite debates being rough sometimes, everyone is affected by those and so, er forget about them to see the pic.

I really enjoyed being there the whole summer and even tough I can't be live anymore with college, I sure will never forget on July 29, I can say...

"I was there".

Thanks for all these moments I lived in potd days!

MechaWave

Smash Champion
I didn't think this deserved a new thread so I'll just post it here. There's a guide book to be released with Smash 3DS in Japan. It was fully scanned on this website.

If you're expecting any megatons, you're in for disappointment. It's just a simple overview for the game. I'll go through it a bit since I know most of us can't read moon runes.

- Custom fighters (repeated information)
- Single player / trophies (repeated information)
- Smash Run (repeated information)
- Some details on a mode seen in the trailer: すれちがい大乱闘 (StreetPass Smash)
-- It's a StreetPass mode, obviously. It's a bit weird minigame where you battle people you StreetPass'd by bouncing off of them on a table thing.

(bottom right, this was also seen in the E3 2014 trailer for like 2 seconds)

- Info for online. Nothing interesting but looks like you can have custom messages for taunts in With Friends again.
- Items/Assist Trophies/Pokemon. Nothing new here.
- Fighter section. This may be interesting but the text is very small and we already know everything here anyway. It details each special move and Final Smash for the starting roster. You can see Palutena's and each of the Mii Fighter's default movesets. I'll say it again: it's the starting roster -- aka, every character on the website sans Lucina.

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I didn't think this deserved a new thread so I'll just post it here. There's a guide book to be released with Smash 3DS in Japan. It was fully scanned on this website.

If you're expecting any megatons, you're in for disappointment. It's just a simple overview for the game. I'll go through it a bit since I know most of us can't read moon runes.

-- It's a StreetPass mode, obviously. It's a bit weird minigame where you battle people you StreetPass'd by bouncing off of them on a table thing.

- Info for online. Nothing interesting but looks like you can have custom messages for taunts in With Friends again.
- Fighter section. This may be interesting but the text is very small. It details each special move and Final Smash for the starting roster. You can see Palutena's and each of the Mii Fighter's default movesets. I'll say it again: it's the starting roster -- aka, every character on the website sans Lucina.
Looks more like an instruction manual you got with a game than a "guide."

Oh well, we'll be getting a crap-ton of info. within a weeks time.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

- Fighter section. This may be interesting but the text is very small. It details each special move and Final Smash for the starting roster. You can see Palutena's and each of the Mii Fighter's default movesets. I'll say it again: it's the starting roster -- aka, every character on the website sans Lucina.
Good, now we finally know what that minigame is. Weird that that's the Streetpass feature.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Looks more like an instruction manual you got with a game than a "guide."

Oh well, we'll be getting a crap-ton of info. within a weeks time.
It's a guide book in Japan, but yeah, it does seem more like an instruction manual as it doesn't provide any info about unlockables. If Japan still gives instruction manuals for their games then it'd make sense. It seems too big to fit in a 3DS game case anyway.

Staarih

Smash Master
I love all kinds of guide books/instruction manuals like that. Shame for the scans not being zoomed in enough, I would've liked to see Ike's and Lucario's Final Smashes a bit more clearly. Ike's looks to be the same though and Lucario's is probably his Mega Evolution, but the pic is too small to see properly.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
I was expecting some of the 1P modes like Classic to be in the largest button, not a small shape towards the bottom. I guess it makes sense to make the Vs the easiest to access part, but I'd think that menu structure could fit better for the Wii U version which I would guess will see more multi-person play. Either way, this picture is more or less what I've been expecting in terms of continuing to reveal the layout before the game releases.

I'm not familiar with the original version of the Tomodochi track, but it seemed a bit slow for a battle song to me. The Mario remix is very nice though!

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Ok im going to go over a few things

1 from dededes final smash it looks like hes summoning a crash bomber from kirby dreamland

2 i see no event mode nor break the targets in the 3ds version, something tells me those are going to be wii u exclusive (for break the targets it might mean each character is getting they're own coarse again.)

3 ok the menu was good

4 hmmm looks like the wii u version will get more stuff than the 3ds version so that may be why the wii u version may be a little better.

5 tomorrow is the last week of before release date potds so after that it will be after release potds the following below

1. Veterans/newcomers that have to be unlocked (trailers included for the unlockable newcomers.)
  2. Information on the wii u version game modes and more
  3. Stages that have to be unlocked for 3ds version (and a few unannounced wii u stages that are starting stages.)
  4. Seeing if everything except smash run is different on the wii u version (the wii u version is clearly getting more modes at this point.)
So those are my words on this

Ps if we get one final before release character trailer or veteran reveal i would not be surprised what so ever.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Ah, so we finally do know the starting roster. A little disappointing and uneven, but is what it is. Mii Fighters not showing up on the screen probably is related to some weird way of selecting 'em.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Ive been humming the new Tomodachi music all day~ And I thought of what we might see next week!

• Unfortunately no characters probably, the starting roster has been shown off and we're so close to release, might as well leave em as surprises. Wario is unlockable? So strange. Guess we'll get used to it.
  • Some stages, sure
  • Alts probably. Really fanservicey, hype-building, makes-ya-wanna-buy-the-game-right-now alts and colors. Alph for Olimar, things like that.
  • The "Warning: Challenger Approaching" screen! I'd love to see it (and hear the siren if possible) and this iteration is the perfect game to start showing it off since we already know an unlockable: Lucina! Just use her silhouette and we can see the screen without spoiling anything!
  • Uhhh, modes I guess, but we've already seen enough in my opinion.
  • Bosses in Smash Run among other stage bosses like Metal-Face.
  • An explanation of whats ganna happen between 3DS's release and Wii U's release. Maybe like "I'm ganna post some unlockables - keep away if ya dont wanna be spoiled! I'll also post some Japanese players pictures and records like I did for Brawl, but thats 3 of the 5 days while the other two are mode and stage info for Wii U version!"

silvR1995

Smash Journeyman
NNID
silvRboLt1995
3DS FC
0834-0571-4339
WHOA

when did the starting roster get confirmed?

can you post a link

- Fighter section. This may be interesting but the text is very small and we already know everything here anyway. It details each special move and Final Smash for the starting roster. You can see Palutena's and each of the Mii Fighter's default movesets. I'll say it again: it's the starting roster -- aka, every character on the website sans Lucina.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I looked and

incredible the third parties are starters this time.

so from the leak picture it was right that is the starting roster

so 12 known unannounced and likely 5 unknown announced characters

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim

THAT SETTLES IT... WARIO IS UNLOCKABLE.

I can't deal with this.

IF HE HAS TO BE UNLOCKED BY PLAYING 100 HOURS OF SMASH... I will quietly slaughter 800 sheep

Last edited:

nuclearneo577

Smash Journeyman
So, if the starting roster is everybody shown so far except for Lucina, that makes the starting roster 36 characters not counting Miis, which is just 3 short of the final roster in Brawl. The jump in roster size this time around is pretty impressive.

I can't deal with this.

IF HE HAS TO BE UNLOCKED BY PLAYING 100 HOURS OF SMASH... I will quietly slaughter 800 sheep
Wario is the only Brawl starter who isn't presumably cut (like Ice Climbers, Pokemon Trailer and Lucas) that's hasn't been directly accounted for yet. The only Melee starters who had to be unlocked in Brawl, Captain Falcon and Ness, were pretty easy to unlock, so unlocking Wario can't be very hard. Plus Luigi is a starter this time, so maybe Wario will replace him in unlock order.

gamer8

Smash Lord

Dammit Sheik and Zelda really did keep the same Final Smashes... And it's kind of hard to see but it looks like Toon Link kept Triforce Slash as well... Don't really get why clone final smashes of all things didn't change but okay. Landmasters here we come...

Sonsa

Smash Champion

I can't deal with this.

Of course not! That's not how he's unlocked! He's unlocked by collecting 1000 coins in coin matches! Had to make those useful somehow.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
So, we came that far.

There's only 5 POTD left and a JP final build demo running from 10 PM EST today. I'm actually pretty nervous because it might help or hurt big on Paper Mario depending on the stage list so, I just wait.

I would just like to say that following those POTD was one of the best thing I've done. I really love the idea of having one forum in the day having talks about everything and sometimes, rough debates. Who could forget the infamous sal leak, the Ridley debates, the toon link chances to then be confirmed after, etc...

But in the nigh, all those are put aside for some hours and everyone comes into this thread to see a picture of the game. So much excitement is there that we temporally forget everything and just chill before seeing this picture. Some of those days had so much impact they will not be forgotten.

Every character reveal, the huge wait for character before the April direct, that one time when we saw the first character reveal in potd, olimar (I remember, I wth?), the most shocking deconfirmation from skull kid to Ghirahim killing strong hopes the stage reveals, days when everyone tough about character reveal and said character isn't, new interesting info like the music and finally, waiting until 4 AM EST to finally see a site update with meta knight reveal.

There's so much magic in this thread with those pics: it's just amazing when you think about it. I'll remember forever that day on July 29 when what happened in this thread was just crazy. That was probably the hypest night I've ever been there live and oh gosh that stage was even more than I wanted and my emotions really couldn't take when they announce the TTYD repping along with mentioning it. Getting one of your favourite series that one game pushed you to do so much that was not repped much before to get a stage is something that is just so hype I couldn't believe it to the point of almost denying it. Then, those alerts...

Really, to all who came here for these moments which turned out to be the best moments on this site in the ssb4 period, you're really lucky because you're one of those that didn't enjoy about just the pic...

You were there and that is the magic of the potd in this thread with a bunch of people.

You could say "I was there" which is far more memorable than checking the pic in the morning.

It's really something that gathers everyone despite debates being rough sometimes, everyone is affected by those and so, er forget about them to see the pic.

I really enjoyed being there the whole summer and even tough I can't be live anymore with college, I sure will never forget on July 29, I can say...

"I was there".

Thanks for all these moments I lived in potd days!
Paper Mario still has a stage. Even if he was his own franchise, that'd probably be his only stage anyways.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Bro. 100 hours of Smash? That's nothing.
Leave the game on 1 stock over night, don't move character until the morning. Repeat until challenger approaching screen.

tsvlink25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
tsvlink25
3DS FC
1719-3628-9238

I can't deal with this.

No, he'll be unlocked by getting 1 million Smash coins :troll:

Jords2Good

Smash Journeyman
I'm addicted to that 3D/beach theme remix, its seriously so good.

I assume when the music goes into the beach theme, that's when the characters transition into a different part of the stage.

elephant13

Smash Apprentice
This is probably a really stupid question, but I can't think of it right now... what is the difference between the "SMASH" on the main page and "GROUP" under games and more?

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
This is probably a really stupid question, but I can't think of it right now... what is the difference between the "SMASH" on the main page and "GROUP" under games and more?
"smash" is basically "brawl" or "melee". Its the main gamd, fighting. "group" falls under the "games" submenu

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Paper Mario still has a stage. Even if he was his own franchise, that'd probably be his only stage anyways.
That, is not likely imo especially if he does have his franchise.

It`s about a tease. Being in the demo would most likely break it.

Not being there, it depends on the other stages included because it might just be a coincidence or be suspicious like pyrosphere at e3.

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
Well, we're in the final stretch everyone! It's been fun waiting for hours on end for these snippets of news, and I will never forget 8/14, the day we waited. and waited, and waited for something, and we got Meta Knight.

I've loved doing this, but everything comes to an end, so here on our last week I say goodbye!

kamus_aran

Smash Apprentice
Did anyone notice in the scan that Samus' bomb (Down Special) looks so big and bright?

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
Well, we're in the final stretch everyone! It's been fun waiting for hours on end for these snippets of news, and I will never forget 8/14, the day we waited. and waited, and waited for something, and we got Meta Knight.

I've loved doing this, but everything comes to an end, so here on our last week I say goodbye!
Wait u won't be here next week Nigelchu

Last edited:

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Why do you all assume the Pic of the Day will stop for the 3DS version? There's still tons of info we don't know about the Wii U version, and Sakurai might give small tips or trivia about things in the 3DS version. Just my thoughts; I can't imagine it being over just yet.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
It won't be over. The PotD will stay here until a while after the Wii U version is released. That's the way it went with Brawl, and it will probably be the same this time.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Since I forgot earlier, I'll detail the Mii Fighters' moveset from that booklet thing. Though it's very hard to read, unfortunately.

Mii Brawler
Neutral Special: Shot Put - Throws a heavy ball at opponents
Side Special: Onslaught - Charges power then releases a fury of rapid kicks
Up Special: Soaring Axe Kick - Kicks upwards, then axes down with a strong kick
Down Special: Head-On Assault - Flips upside-down, diving downwards with a headbutt
Final Smash: unreadable, sorry ;_;

Mii Swordfighter
Neutral Special: "Gale Strike" - Unleashes a small tornado that dissipates into a strong gust
Side Special: "Whirling Slash" - A somersault slice with the sword, chargeable
Up Special: "Rocket Stab" - Slices upward, then slices downwards quickly
Down Special: Counter - Grips the sword, deals a counterattack upon hit
Final Smash: "Final Edge" - Unleashes thousands of lights shaped like swords (unfortunately the picture is cutoff)

Mii Gunner
Neutral Special: "Gunner Charge" - Hold B to charge, release B to fire, press R to save the charge
Side Special: "Flame Pillar" - Shoots downward, creating a fire pillar to launch opponents
Up Special: "Downward Shot" - Shoots directly downward, using the explosion to boost upward
Down Special: "Reflector" - It... reflects projectiles. (lol)
Final Smash: cutoff, although we saw it in the Smash Direct

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Since I forgot earlier, I'll detail the Mii Fighters' moveset from that booklet thing. Though it's very hard to read, unfortunately.

Mii Brawler
Neutral Special: Shot Put - Throws a heavy ball at opponents
Side Special: Onslaught - Charges power then releases a fury of rapid kicks
Up Special: Soaring Axe Kick - Kicks upwards, then axes down with a strong kick
Down Special: Head-On Assault - Flips upside-down, diving downwards with a headbutt
Final Smash: unreadable, sorry ;_;

Mii Swordfighter
Neutral Special: "Gale Strike" - Unleashes a small tornado that dissipates into a strong gust
Side Special: "Whirling Slash" - A somersault slice with the sword, chargeable
Up Special: "Rocket Stab" - Slices upward, then slices downwards quickly
Down Special: Counter - Grips the sword, deals a counterattack upon hit
Final Smash: "Final Edge" - Unleashes thousands of lights shaped like swords (unfortunately the picture is cutoff)

Mii Gunner
Neutral Special: "Gunner Charge" - Hold B to charge, release B to fire, press R to save the charge
Side Special: "Flame Pillar" - Shoots downward, creating a fire pillar to launch opponents
Up Special: "Downward Shot" - Shoots directly downward, using the explosion to boost upward
Down Special: "Reflector" - It... reflects projectiles. (lol)
Final Smash: cutoff, although we saw it in the Smash Direct
Oh well that's interesting. Thank you.

Though no more info in terms of their costumizable moves? Or at least that of the Sword Fighter? Guess I'll just have to wait until the Japanese release.... :T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom