• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Networker1

Smash Journeyman
In the current Pic, who is that in the background? Any speculation if he could be a hazard as well?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Well, I'm salty because since Wario and Ness are apparently unlockable, they won't be revealed in a PotD.

And yet Toon Link is a starter.
At least it's been pretty apparent from the beginning that they weren't going anywhere. I agree it's kind of a pain but the fact that Luigi, Toon Link, Sonic, Marth, Lucario, and Captain Falcon are available from the get-go is kind of a relief. I'm glad to be spared having to unlock at least some of the more obvious characters all over again.

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
At least it's been pretty apparent from the beginning that they weren't going anywhere. I agree it's kind of a pain but the fact that Luigi, Toon Link, Sonic, Marth, Lucario, and Captain Falcon are available from the get-go is kind of a relief. I'm glad to be spared having to unlock at least some of the more obvious characters all over again.
But unlocking Luigi is like, a tradition.

Something just doesn't seem right to have Wario as an unlock able. It felt weird in Mario Kart 7

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
But unlocking Luigi is like, a tradition.

Something just doesn't seem right to have Wario as an unlock able. It felt weird in Mario Kart 7
Don't get me wrong, this still insults my intelligence but not nearly as much as Brawl with its 8 unlockable veterans out of its 21 veterans overall. This game seems to have 7 unlockable veterans out of 34 overall and that's a lot less irksome to me. Either way, as long as he's there, I don't care.

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
Oh guy mod!

Because of labor day i cam stay up for the potd

Think itll be worth it? Probably just shulk details eh?

I sure would love that star fox wii u stage, but i bet its all 3ds for a while

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It does make me wonder how he'll handle the last ten updates before the Japanese 3DS release. Does he care that much? Will things immediately shift to the Wii U version once the 3DS version is out? Will he cover the unlockables? Friday pretty much covered the starting roster and all the starting stages so there's not all too much to divulge aside from maybe some extra ATs he didn't bother to mention. I could also see him stalling for time seeing how August was almost nothing but new content the whole month.

Clipse

Smash Cadet
Ey people! long time that I dont post here :)
Two weeks left!! I create this video while we are waiting for the pic of the day.
A Version of the Melee Intro with the footage from the new Smash Bros. Enjoy!

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Ten PotD's remaining before launch.

Ten.

I still remember the reveal trailer like it happened yesterday. This has flown by... literally over a year of my life in anticipation. Sakurai, please... hype me up these last PotD's.

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Well, this POTD better be good Sakurai seeing how my birthday is in less then a hour.

Won't be too hard to please, but I do hope for something good regardless. <3

JabbatheHutt

Shulks reveal kinda sucked.... I dont care how illogical this is... its the 9th Inning, home stretch.

WARIOWONDAY COMMENSE.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
He really went in depth with Shulk on Friday's PotD, so he might not mention him tonight.

I honestly don't expect a character in the next two weeks. Maybe, just maybe next Friday, but even then... it'll probably be something else hypeworthy.

More music would be excellent.

Shulks reveal kinda sucked.... I dont care how illogical this is... its the 9th Inning, home stretch.

WARIOWONDAY COMMENSE.
Yeah, it was an okay trailer. Looked great and the sword fight was awesome... but we've had better. There seemed to be very little of Shulk's gameplay there.

I hope you get your Wario before launch. You've waited oh so long.

EDIT: Sorry mods, double post :S

Last edited by a moderator:

spader13

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai already explained what is likely the most complex of Shulk's specials, but more info on him or Guar Plain seems likely for the update. I'm hoping for tracks from Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing for the music tonight though.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Sakurai already explained what is likely the most complex of Shulk's specials, but more info on him or Guar Plain seems likely for the update. I'm hoping for tracks from Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing for the music tonight though.
I'd like settle for that selection of music...

I really want to hear some DK music... there's so little DK content so far.

chronomantic

Smash Ace
The last 10 POTD before the JP release are probably going to be interesting but if we're following the trend Brawl Dojo had we could easily be seeing updates for at least a month after the NA release, specially when there's so much stuff to know about the Wii U version.
Hoping for another AT disconfirmation tonight.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
THeres 10 characters left to reveal...... theres 10 days left........ COINCIDENCE... I THINK NOT.
Actually, there's 11.
Those 11 are; Dr. Mario, Bowser Jr., Dark Pit, R.O.B, Wario, Gannondorf, Falco, Mr. Game and Watch, Jigglypuff, Ness, and Duck Hunt Dog.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I'm hoping for a character each night till release.

....probably won't happen, but I can dream!!!
Well, according to the leak there's only 10 characters left, so that sounds perfect...

Edit: Oh yeah, I was wrong. Poor, forgettable R.O.B.

Last edited:

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
I'm thinking maybe a new move for Shulk tonight. Nothing much.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
I do not think tonight's pic will involve Shulk. I have a feeling it will be a new item/Assist Trophy. Or another menu screen.

Last edited:

JabbatheHutt

Actually, there's 11.
Those 11 are; Dr. Mario, Bowser Jr., Dark Pit, R.O.B, Wario, Gannondorf, Falco, Mr. Game and Watch, Jigglypuff, Ness, and Duck Hunt Dog.
Wasn't counting G&W, cause I feel theres a reason the site didn't update it as he's a secret character like the remaining 5 mystery guys.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
We could get an explanation on that Riki AT, that looked like he was healing Shulk.
It looked like a move Riki uses call Happy Happy which filled the party gauge which he could only use in certain tension states. I'm not sure how that would translate but I would guess a stat boost would be more likely then healing but I could be completely wrong.

epicgordan

Smash Ace
I'm predicting a week filled with Xenoblade content. Trophies, stage details, Metal Face, and Shulk's underwear to boot!

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
My prediction today is a new Wii U stage (F-Zero hopefully)

Also, I don't know why, but Im pretty sure that this week we're gonna get a pic showing both Shulk and Zero Suit Samus in shorts

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Veteran every day then a newcomer to boot on friday with their trailer. We only have 2 left (not counting clone pit. He could be shown with BJ like Lucina was with Robin)

JabbatheHutt

Veteran every day then a newcomer to boot on friday with their trailer. We only have 2 left (not counting clone pit. He could be shown with BJ like Lucina was with Robin)
Monday - Waro (If not anyone else), Tuesday - Ness (if not Wario), Wends - Ganon (if not Wario), Thurs - ROB (if not Wario), Friday - Newcomer Trailer for Bowser Jr (which will include Wario if he isn't shown all week). I can see this :joyful:

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
You guys do know that we're probably going to get updates until both the 3DS and Wii U version come out in all four major regions (JP, NA, EU, AU) right? These are just the final 10 until the Japanese release of the 3DS version; "Japan Time" won't be going anywhere for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom