• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
It's going to be fun finding out what Miis I have on my 3DS. I could check right now but I think finding out in Smash will be more fun.

gamer8

Smash Lord
On a different note, my Multi-Man Smash just turned into a Multi-Man Freakshow

Thanks Sakurai.
Top right one is just classic.

By the way guys, I've seen some Meta Knight pictures I hadn't seen before on the forums a couple of times. Did they do another picture dump recently that I missed?

Last edited:

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Lame week with today's pic being the lamest. I'm pretty sure this has to lead to a megaton announcement.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Well, no. You don't complain for the One Direction dudes though, which, trust me, are far better people than Francis I.
He just looks nice and prefers to hide all the problem of the church instead than proudly show them like Ratzinger did.
I wanted to innocently talk about the pic of the day and instead I went into a thread where Swampasaur and Vintage Creep have a discussion about Hitler, One Direction and Christianity like seriously, Smashboards discussions sometimes...
This is almost like the discussions in the Ridley thread.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I wanted to innocently talk about the pic of the day and instead I went into a thread where Swampasaur and Vintage Creep have a discussion about Hitler, One Direction and Christianity like seriously, Smashboards discussions sometimes...
This is almost like the discussions in the Ridley thread.
We'll settle this with a Mii fight.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
This was a seriously bad week, I'm not even trying to be mean. Every day was admittedly uninteresting and dull, and the only good parts were the music samples.

That's not to say we didn't deserve a bad week; Sakurai is probably mad at us for that leak, which is unserstandable. Let's just hope the direct goes us something new (Sakurai didn't address it in the PotD, so we'll probably get nothing).

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
This was a seriously bad week, I'm not even trying to be mean. Every day was admittedly uninteresting and dull, and the only good parts were the music samples.

That's not to say we didn't deserve a bad week; Sakurai is probably mad at us for that leak, which is unserstandable. Let's just hope the direct goes us something new (Sakurai didn't address it in the PotD, so we'll probably get nothing).
No, but others say he did retweet the Direct on his feed, so there may be something.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Everyone is saying that this week sucked and that todays picture was the worst of the bunch and yet I found it (the picture, not the week) to be the best. I mean, it's the only one that actually showed part of the game and it's in HD! Like there's characters using moves on a stage! It's more than just a ****ing menu!

I'll agree that the information is useless since it was already known and that the Miis are by far the ugliest character shown so far (even worse than the green haired wench) but after five consecutive days of menus with four of those menus being on the 3DS version I will gladly accept anything that's in HD and part of the actual game!

Edit: ALSO! BIG NEWS! Monday should start off with a bang, we just got Shulk confirmed in that Direct, it'll be funny if he's not shown at all since it's a Japanese only Direct.

Last edited:

spader13

Smash Journeyman
Welcome, Shulk. While he's been rumored by so many leaks, it looks like it was finally his time for a reveal! The form changing is interesting and stops him from being another "generic swordsman" as his moves don't look super interesting otherwise.

The site also updated with new AT, Pokemon, and Item pages. We learned about a new AT, Dr. Kawashima who I don't think was revealed before as well as plenty of other details like what Ashley does and why the Fairy wasn't working at E3 (you need to have over 100% to use it). This is quite the set of updates! A new section called Pre-Order also appeared but it doesn't seem to work yet.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAAYUKlkeWRiCQ
Pic of the day. From Xenoblade Chronicles, Shulk joins the battle!! He's not the type of character that would usually appear in the Smash Bros. series, but we worked really hard to make it happen. We're very happy with how he turned out. This stage is Gaur Plain.
Shulk's sword, the Monado, slashes enemies with a beam when activated, so it can strike from long range. What really makes this weapon unique is that when the Monado Arts are activated, it can change Shulk's features and abilities! Emerge victorious in battle by changing your abilities strategically!!
[List of Monado Arts] 翔 (Jump): higher jumps, lower defense. 疾 (Speed): faster movement, weaker attacks. 盾(Shield): higher defense, slower movement. 斬(Buster): stronger attacks, weaker launch ability. 撃(Smash): Stronger launch ability, weaker attacks, lower defense against launching.

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I had a feeling that we'd have something major make up for the lame PotD week.

I guess I won't have to eat that hat now.

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
My favorite part of the trailer is it's title.

"Looks like we don't have a choice!"

Well played nintendo. Now, I don't know how I feel about his monaco stuff simply being stat changers, but a good number of his abilities already were. I think this really drives home the point that Sakurai cares more about unique gameplay styles than series representation.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Looking forward to what next week has in store for us!
It has been a fantastic 1,000 pages!
Lol, 1001 pages now dude.

Im excited to get my hands on a New 3DS (Please capitalize the N in New 3DS when were talking about the "New 3DS" system [Ima make a pic of this warning later]) And I will ACTUALLY use the flipping 3D. Forever. Plus, the NFC reader will be installed, their new gimmick of switching lids is cool, and I like the new button scheme. Plus the C-Button and all of the extra should buttons.Did I mention auto-brightness and better cpu and battery life? Smash 3DS is gonna be good.

So glad I didn't stay up for the PotD. scrolling through you guys falling apart was pretty funny though. Yay more Smash videos!...and Shulk...yay for shulk fans...

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Lol, 1001 pages now dude.

Im excited to get my hands on a New 3DS (Please capitalize the N in New 3DS when were talking about the "New 3DS" system [Ima make a pic of this warning later]) And I will ACTUALLY use the flipping 3D. Forever. Plus, the NFC reader will be installed, their new gimmick of switching lids is cool, and I like the new button scheme. Plus the C-Button and all of the extra should buttons.Did I mention auto-brightness and better cpu and battery life? Smash 3DS is gonna be good.
Haha, I don't think it matters that my post made it to the top of the 1,001st page. My point still stands that I think it has been great so far. :)

I'm also looking forward to the New 3DS. I guess it's time to start saving. I sure hope that Xenoblade port makes it over to the U.S. so I can play the game for the first time. From what my friend tells me, it's a pretty fantastic game. Needless to say, he's pretty excited about Shulk's reveal.

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Haha, I don't think it matters that my post made it to the top of the 1,001st page. My point still stands that I think it has been great so far. :)

I'm also looking forward to the New 3DS. I guess it's time to start saving. I sure hope that Xenoblade port makes it over to the U.S. so I can play the game for the first time. From what my friend tells me, it's a pretty fantastic game. Needless to say, he's pretty excited about Shulk's reveal.
Heck yes New 3DS. Im going to buy one with some Mario Lids (White, mind you.) And we wont need that new Amiibo stand either. Its gonna be great.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Shulk's stage looks cool. And I guess the robot with a face will be a boss on it!

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
Ah, week redeemed I guess. Shulk looks very cool to play as and the stage looks good as well, pretty good trailer as well. I do hope the WiiU version will have the boss battle mode back and not just stage bosses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom