• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Mii Swordfighter Competitive Discussion and Q&A Thread

JUr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JorgeUr
3DS FC
4957-3388-8097
I've been thinking about my Mii moveset...

B: Power Thrust (3)
SideB: Airborne Assault (1)
UpB: Super Slash Dash (2)
DownB: Blade Flurry (3)

Great mobility and multihits could work well for me :grin:

Last edited:

shogungari

Smash Apprentice
is it just me, or does every special move the Miis use put you in a helpless state? I died more often to my side-B misfiring than I did to an actual attack.

Anyway, so far the best combo I've found is 1231. Gale strike gives you some range and has a fairly big size (it also goes pretty far, even if it doesn't deal damage after a long enough range). Slash Launcher, I was thinking, would be kinda pointless because you have to charge it up. Yet, I find myself using it really often, like to the point I just spam it over and over to rack up damage. Hero's Spin is mostly for recovery, but it can do pretty decent damage. Blade Counter is just sweet, but so is getting a well-timed counter with any character that has it. I can't say for sure how well this will do against other players, but I can say I died the least with this combo because none of these moves fling you off the screen and leaves you helpless. Even Slash Launcher stops at the ledge.

Dark Lady

A Red Witch
Chakram is the best projectile ever. It has so much control it's ridiculous. Also beats Duck Hunt Dog's can. If only Sword Mii's recovery wasn't so abyssmal... but my Mii's weight might be contributing to that.

Eji1700

Smash Apprentice
Chakram is the best projectile ever. It has so much control it's ridiculous. Also beats Duck Hunt Dog's can. If only Sword Mii's recovery wasn't so abyssmal... but my Mii's weight might be contributing to that.
From my testing all the mii's have awful recovery. You can get some really nice horizontal stuff for sword(the charge netural B does the same thing as marths shield breaker if full charged), but your vertical is always going to suck it seems.

smashbrolink

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only one that prefers the Airborn Assault side special?
Charge that sucker up and it doesn't matter how far away from the platform you are; if you're above a ledge and you don't get intercepted, you're getting back on that stage.
It's also a powerful move in its own right provided you can land it, but you need to be able to judge whether to hold forward or back on hit, because if you do it too near the edge, and it hits, the resulting upwards hop could send you right over the edge anyways.XD

It's one of those moves that takes a lot to master but pays off in spades once you do...

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
Am I the only one that prefers the Airborn Assault side special?
Charge that sucker up and it doesn't matter how far away from the platform you are; if you're above a ledge and you don't get intercepted, you're getting back on that stage.
It's also a powerful move in its own right provided you can land it, but you need to be able to judge whether to hold forward or back on hit, because if you do it too near the edge, and it hits, the resulting upwards hop could send you right over the edge anyways.XD

It's one of those moves that takes a lot to master but pays off in spades once you do...
I prefer the Quick Draw move. It is a superior version of Ike's move as it go through people and always stops at the edge. Tornado isn't a good as I thought. It might be good against projectiles (it stopped Chakram) And Ninja stars just plain suck in my opinion. Blade Furry is love. Doesn't do a lot to shield but when it hits MHMM! It feels good.

I find all the Down B good but Counter/Rainbow Slash are better for most matchup.

I don't believe all the Up B are bad. I mean most of them come for our smash characters. The Sword Furry move is the best recovery but really slow. Aether/Final Cutter is the quickiest and can combo into. Apparently it meteor smashes (good luck with that one). Spin Attack is just Link's Spin Attack but sword hit is shorter. I land all the hits with Link but not with Mii. Maybe I just suck with it.

My build
Neutral Special 3
Side Special 2
Down Special 1/2 (usually 2)
Up Special 2

smashbrolink

Smash Journeyman
I prefer the Quick Draw move. It is a superior version of Ike's move as it go through people and always stops at the edge. Tornado isn't a good as I thought. It might be good against projectiles (it stopped Chakram) And Ninja stars just plain suck in my opinion. Blade Furry is love. Doesn't do a lot to shield but when it hits MHMM! It feels good.

I find all the Down B good but Counter/Rainbow Slash are better for most matchup.

I don't believe all the Up B are bad. I mean most of them come for our smash characters. The Sword Furry move is the best recovery but really slow. Aether/Final Cutter is the quickiest and can combo into. Apparently it meteor smashes (good luck with that one). Spin Attack is just Link's Spin Attack but sword hit is shorter. I land all the hits with Link but not with Mii. Maybe I just suck with it.

My build
Neutral Special 3
Side Special 2
Down Special 1/2 (usually 2)
Up Special 2
I just can't get used to the Slash Launcher. It takes too long to charge and doesn't get the same distance as Airborn Assault, it's just less risky. I've gotten many more KO's out of AA than SL, and I recover far more efficiently since I tend to get knocked more to the side than down, so that's why I stick with it.

Plus, it's got the drama factor going for it.
Imagine a huge ball of spinning death rocketing into a crowd of 3 from half the level away, and knocking all of them out with one hit, complete with a nice moment of delay to show the slash landing before they're sent flying everywhere.

The style factor is PRICELESS when you can make it work...

I, too, switched to Skyward Slash Dance after experimenting with it a bit.
Its range is a tad shorter than the other two options in both vertical and horizontal distance, but the fact that you get to choose the direction you fly in is a huge benefit that cannot be ignored.

As to Blurring Blade, I'm going to give that a try now that you've recommended it.
It wasn't too impressive on Sand Bag, but in actual combat it might prove worth having.
I just don't like being without some sort of ranged option.
BTW, about the Shuriken; it does more damage the further it travels, and it won't even make them flinch if it hits point-blank, so it's strictly a tool used for spacing.

Edit: Okay, Blurring Blade is freaking awesome in combat.
I don't know why it didn't seem to do jack to Sand Bag, but you were right.
When that thing hits....MMMMMMM! SO good. Really satisfying move to land, especially if you can get more than one person in it.
I'll give a second chance to Slash Launcher in-combat, just to be sure...

Last edited:

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
I just can't get used to the Slash Launcher. It takes too long to charge and doesn't get the same distance as Airborn Assault, it's just less risky. I've gotten many more KO's out of AA than SL, and I recover far more efficiently since I tend to get knocked more to the side than down, so that's why I stick with it.

Plus, it's got the drama factor going for it.
Imagine a huge ball of spinning death rocketing into a crowd of 3 from half the level away, and knocking all of them out with one hit, complete with a nice moment of delay to show the slash landing before they're sent flying everywhere.

The style factor is PRICELESS when you can make it work...

I, too, switched to Skyward Slash Dance after experimenting with it a bit.
Its range is a tad shorter than the other two options in both vertical and horizontal distance, but the fact that you get to choose the direction you fly in is a huge benefit that cannot be ignored.

As to Blurring Blade, I'm going to give that a try now that you've recommended it.
It wasn't too impressive on Sand Bag, but in actual combat it might prove worth having.
BTW, about the Shuriken; it does more damage the further it travels, and it won't even make them flinch if it hits point-blank, so it's strictly a tool used for spacing.

When that thing hits....MMMMMMM! SO good. Really satisfying move to land, especially if you can get more than one person in it.
Haha! I can totally see where you coming from. Of course, the huge ball of spinning death is awesome. And Kill Potential isn't anything to laugh about. I admit I suck with it and I don't like the risk of dying. However, it safe on counter (I know because I did with computer multiple times) and maybe Shield? Anyways, your words inspired me give it another chance. Thank you!

Shuriken.... Yeah, Yeah... I know. I wish the distance was longer (its about half of FD). You can float forward or backward if you used it in the air. But you need to be at the peak of the jump. Only tall characters like Bowser, Ganon, and Ike will be hit about it. The Shooting lag is long. I rather use the chakram. But I can see why you like it. I might take it with me if I need a keepway/gimp playstyle.

Yes, Blurring Blade is good. Some notes about it. I only seen the Level 9 do this, but if you power shield the attack you can roll out of the barrage. The last hit a brief pause that can be shield/grab.

You remark about the Up-Bs. Really? My testing made me believe Skyward Slash Dance has the best distance. Well back to the lab.

smashbrolink

Smash Journeyman
Haha! I can totally see where you coming from. Of course, the huge ball of spinning death is awesome. And Kill Potential isn't anything to laugh about. I admit I suck with it and I don't like the risk of dying. However, it safe on counter (I know because I did with computer multiple times) and maybe Shield? Anyways, your words inspired me give it another chance. Thank you!

Shuriken.... Yeah, Yeah... I know. I wish the distance was longer (its about half of FD). You can float forward or backward if you used it in the air. But you need to be at the peak of the jump. Only tall characters like Bowser, Ganon, and Ike will be hit about it. The Shooting lag is long. I rather use the chakram. But I can see why you like it. I might take it with me if I need a keepway/gimp playstyle.

Yes, Blurring Blade is good. Some notes about it. I only seen the Level 9 do this, but if you power shield the attack you can roll out of the barrage. The last hit a brief pause that can be shield/grab.

You remark about the Up-Bs. Really? My testing made me believe Skyward Slash Dance has the best distance. Well back to the lab.

Yeah, it's almost completely safe on shield, too; hitting anything makes you do an upward bounce, which will keep you away from being easily countered 9 times out of 10.
Just make sure to keep what I said about DI in mind; you've got to get intimate with how far you'll go with different levels of charge, and get used to holding a direction just before an attack lands if you don't want to accidentally keep bouncing off into cliffs.XD

Last edited:

smashbrolink

Smash Journeyman
Charge up Airborn Assault when above the platform, or use Skyward Slash Dance when below it.
9 times out of 10 you'll be above the platform, so 9 times out of 10 you'll be able to recover so long as you aren't intercepted.
That's just how incredibly OP the distance on Airborn Assault is.

Last edited:

SmashBroPlusB

Smash Cadet
NNID
smashbroplusb
3DS FC
3136-6824-7861
Sup guys, hope you don't mind me dropping in. I've been experimenting highly with all three Mii Fighters, and I just saw the opportunity to share some of my findings here.

Blurring Blade's final hit is actually a kill strike. It noticeably launches foes at about 105%. The gale and shuriken are nice projectiles, but Blurring Blade's KO potential makes it my preferred neutral special.

Actually, Stone Scabbard has the best vertical range by far. You can recover from near the bottom of Final Destination's window with it... but it also has the immediately obvious drawback of being a "dive recovery" like Kirby's Final Cutter or Ike's Aether. I prefer Skyward Slash Dash just for the added control and range the move gives you (Hero's Spin comes out a bit faster and has slightly higher vertical range, but offers much less horizontal momentum). Honestly speaking, all three of Swordfighter's up specials are really solid. It's just picking the move that best fits your playstyle, I guess.

shogungari

Smash Apprentice
Is it just me, or is Counter extremely powerful? I've actually done over 70% damage with a single counter to someone who tried to smash me. If the damage wasn't set to .5x he would've been KOed from that. My Mii remains undefeated when set to level 9 because her counter timing is perfect, and she always seems to know when to use it and when to take a hit. Of course, she's not so good with recovery- for some reason, after using up-b 3 and being literally eye level with the platform and right next to it, she instead falls straight down and dies. She doesn't even try to nudge over to it.

MEGABUS

Smash Rookie
Got grabbed out of Blurring Blade by lvl 9 cpu fox i hit him and he could reach the floor and shield the last hit. This happened several times.

edit:bowser also did this but not as often

edit:it isn't safe to use at low % on most middle weight charcters.

only really safe at high % on bowser

not safe at all on fox

Last edited:

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
I'm not sure how consistently a human can DI and shield out of Blurring Blade but the move does feel incosistent ontop of slow, I'd prefer not to use it. Gale Sword and Shuriken of Light are both very good anyways.

SmashBroPlusB

Smash Cadet
NNID
smashbroplusb
3DS FC
3136-6824-7861
I made a rather beefy post explaining the different moves on Swordfighter, so I thought I'd put it here as well for reference.

To be honest, Swordfighter is probably the most versatile in all of his moveslots. Your preferred special moves will probably boil down to your personal playstyle.

Gale Strike is a reliable and somewhat potent projectile, though it has a bit of start-up lag before you throw it. Also, it has a windbox at the very end of the move, pushing away players it can't reach once it starts to fade out. Shuriken of Light comes out faster and fires faster, and it has the added bonus of dealing more damage the farther it travels. However, the projectile only has weak hitstun, making it only reliable for racking up damage (similar to Blaster on the space animals). I've heard you can gimp players trying to recover, but I haven't found it so useful in that regard. Blurring Blade is the most powerful of the three moves, though it has the drawback of leaving you committed to the move once you choose to execute it. It also has the obvious drawback of not being a projectile like the other two Neutral-Bs.

The Side-B moves are arguably even more versatile than the selections for Neutral-B. Slash Launcher is a simple forward dash that can be charged, and also moves forward when used in the air. Like the name implies, the attack launches foes upward if they're hit by the move. The user also plows straight through anything they run into, and can even dash through shields. I've heard it compared to Ike's Quick Draw (also a Side-B) though the "penetrating foes" property makes it unique in its own right.

Airborne Assault is ABSURDLY powerful, though it leaves the Swordfighter EXTREMELY committed to their move, and it also throws the user in Helpless state after the move concludes (on either a miss or a hit). If you barrel off the side of a stage, you can kiss your stock goodbye. Also, the Swordfighter bounces forward a bit even after hitting an enemy, which might cause them to careen off the stage if they smack someone sitting near a stage cliff (though you might be able to grab the ledge if you hold back on the Circle Pad).

Chakram is probably my favorite projectile on the Swordfighter, and for good reason. Using the move throws a circular blade a short distance in front of the user, after which it will stall in the air for about one second (unless it gets caught in stage terrain). Tilting the Circle Pad and pressing B throws a slow-moving disc that can hit multiple times, while using Chakram like a smash attack throws the disc faster and farther out, for a slightly stronger single-hit strike. Unlike Mega Man's Metal Blade, a Chakram stuck in the ground (or walls) can't be picked up by other fighters, but it also can't be picked up by the Swordfighter who threw it. Though it looks the same visually, Chakram's double duty is great for spacing opponents or keeping up the pressure, especially since you can tilt either input (slow tilt or quick smash) by holding up or down on the Circle Pad after inputting the move.

Your choices for Up-B are Stone Scabbard, Hero's Spin, or Skyward Slash Dash. Honestly, I find good utility in all three moves. Skyward Slash Dash can be aimed in any direction (even downwards!!) but has a slight start-up delay and the shortest vertical reach of all three recoveries. It also hits multiple times, with a slightly stronger "pop" at the end of the move. Stone Scabbard is the tallest recovery and also comes out the fastest of the three moves, though it has the obvious drawback of being a "suicide recovery". Contrary to popular belief, the move is not a clone of Aether or Final Cutter, as the Swordfighter attacks directly above or below their position instead of swinging in front of them like Kirby or Ike. The move actually functions closer to the Super Dedede Jump due to its hitboxes... though even that comparison isn't really fair, because Stone Scabbard can't be cancelled early, nor does it move as far horizontally. Hero's Spin is the sort of "in-between" choice, having a fair bit of height and distance. It also has two methods of attack, multi-hitting in the air but performing a single strong hit on the ground. It can also be charged on the ground, so it's basically a reskin of Link or Toon Link's Spin Attack.

Down-B is really the only simple choice. You can choose from Blade Counter (a counter similar to those of the Fire Emblem reps), Reversal Slash (which is almost identical to Mario's Cape), and Power Thrust (a sword variant of the legendary Falcon Kick). Personally, I always select the Down-B last, and use it to fill in the rest of the moveset. Is your Swordfighter one who loves to get in people's faces with Airborne Assault and Blurring Blade? Blade Counter's your best bet. Did you pick up Shuriken or Chakram, and prefer to mix up foes with a blend of melee strikes and projectiles? Give Reversal Slash a try. Do you like sitting on people but hate Stone Scabbard? Pick up Power Thrust.

Of note, Power Thrust is also a great choice if you pick the Chakram as your Side-B, since it's the one choice of the three that doesn't move your Swordfighter sideways (and Power Thrust attacks to the side while the user is grounded). Personally, I always run it alongside Chakram just so my Swordfighters have some method of gap-closer; otherwise, I find it to be superfluous compared to the other two Down-Bs.

tl;dr: Gale Strike, Slash Launcher, Stone Scabbard or Skyward Slash, and Blade Counter is the easiest to use moveset in Swordfighter's arsenal; however, nearly any combination of moves is effective, and boils down to your personal playstyle and preference.

HellTyrant

Smash Cadet
This was definitely one of the characters I was most looking forward to using, however it seems the sword fighter is outclassed by the brawler. It just means you have to put more effort to get wins with the sword, also it's interesting that Mii Fighters aren't available in For Glory

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
I don't know why people think Brawler is better than Swordfighter? At first glance, it appear that way but actually Swordfighter has better skills that counter Brawler.

Hong

The Strongest
I see Swordfighter as being the middle-ground between Gunner and Brawler, at least if you want her to be. A lot of solid mid-ranged options. I found a lot of success in playing the character like you would play Young Link in Melee, though if you don't like Chakram, that could be an issue.

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
There's weirdness that goes on with the Mii Swordfighter's sword length. I made a fairly tall but skinny Mii, and he ended up with a dinky little knife thing that really doesn't get enough reach to be useful, just like if you make a minimum-size Swordfighter. So far, it seems like a fairly standard-size Mii gets the best ratio of size versus weapon length.

So far, I've found relative success with Blurring Blade, Chakram, Skyward Slash Dash, and Blade Counter.

Blurring Blade pops you up and forward slightly if used in the air even uncharged, making it a very good finisher if you charge it very slightly and unleash it in the air on an airborne foe.

Chakram is just amazing as a spam projectile and great for punishing back-rolls if smash-thrown, and if tilt-thrown is a good punish for sidesteps and forward rolls from opponents expecting the long-range version. Be warned though that it doesn't seem to do anything to shields, and if it gets hit by any attack or hits a shield it bounces away harmlessly.

Skyward Slash Dash I mostly use for recovery, but it's pretty decent for damage especially if you perform it into the ground with proper placement, allowing you to land the final hit and then bounce off the ground for reduced endlag compared to ending in midair and landing helpless.

Blade Counter is really good, punishes most things hard if you pull it out with good timing and is very useful as a KO move if your opponent throws something like a Smash Attack at it.

As for A moves, UTilt on a mid-size Mii Swordfighter has more horizontal reach than Link's. FSmash is basically the same as Link's, but loses the second hit in exchange for more KO power on the first hit non-sweetspotted. DTilt is stupid good, since it's basically Marth's; great reach and super fast (faster than your jab, in fact). USmash does 4 hits if you land it right, dealing very solid damage overall with good kill power on the last hit. Jab 1 to jab 2 window is really short, letting you fire off DTilt, UTilt, or FTilt after a jab. FTilt has quite a bit of range but moves your hurtbox way far forward as well and has a fair amount of endlag. Solid damage and pretty quick, but highly punishable if you whiff. Jab combo is solid as well, quick (but slow enough for a CPU to actually sidestep dodge the first hit) and very damaging for a jab combo.

NAir is really, really good. Quick to come out, very long-lasting hitbox with a ton of reach all around. Short-hop rising NAir is really good for spacing, and is also a very good option out of a UTilt juggle. Has a bit of landing lag, which you'll run into if you fast-fall it, but if it hits (which is easy to do) you don't care about that. UAir has great KO power and pretty darn solid damage output. FAir is good for poking and has decent KO power if you can string the foe over the edge with repeated FAirs. Just don't land during them because endlag. DAir from just about the peak of a short-hop seems to work very well if it hits and be pretty easy to land, but if you miss it's really punishable because landing lag. BAir is decently quick to come out and pretty damaging but somewhat lacking in both range and KO power, considering it launches too far for most other follow-ups and has a fair amount of endlag and landing lag.

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
One thing I forgot to mention: Blade Counter has a slight delay between when the counter is triggered and the hitbox comes out. Normally, you'd think this would be a really bad thing, but it lets you counter things like Toon Link's DAir that ordinarily would result in the counter missing completely.

Edit: Seems like Skyward Slash Dash might have Super Armour during part of its startup if used from the ground. It has that telltale yellow flashing that super-armoured moves often seem to have in Smash 4.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
The path of the sword is a lonely one.

This seems to be one of the least hyped characters. Though, honestly, I don't see any problems with them at all. Mii Swordfighter seems like such a solid character. I guess part of it has to do with the Mii Fighter barring on For Glory, though even without that I know Mii Gunner has had some praise.

Eji1700

Smash Apprentice
The path of the sword is a lonely one.

This seems to be one of the least hyped characters. Though, honestly, I don't see any problems with them at all. Mii Swordfighter seems like such a solid character. I guess part of it has to do with the Mii Fighter barring on For Glory, though even without that I know Mii Gunner has had some praise.
What set do you use? I think he's got legit down B options, but i'm really "meh" on the rest of his specials. His normals seem ok, but nothing to write home about, and ditto to his throw game.

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
I believe his Side B have good options too. Quick Draw and Chakram both deserved recognized. And maybe I am biased but I don't find Brawler that amazing compared to Swordfighter or Gunner.

Eji1700

Smash Apprentice
I believe his Side B have good options too. Quick Draw and Chakram both deserved recognized. And maybe I am biased but I don't find Brawler that amazing compared to Swordfighter or Gunner.
Brawler gets falcon like d throw combos, and some of the best horizontal recovery in the game, allowing him to be aggressive with his gimping.

As for quick draw...eh? It's ok i guess, but I still haven't really seen how swordfighter should be going about their gameplan.

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
Well, it is difficult because we cannot use Mii Fighter in FG. But in theory, we counter everything Brawler can do minus d throw. We have better reach and you make your Mii faster just by making them small.

Eji1700

Smash Apprentice
Well, it is difficult because we cannot use Mii Fighter in FG. But in theory, we counter everything Brawler can do minus d throw. We have better reach and you make your Mii faster just by making them small.
I'm having a hard time buying the size thing, as brawler can just do the same. His reach is less, but i think you vastly underestimate the priority of some of his moves, and just how much insane mobility/approach feint jump gives him near ledges. I've no doubt sword keeps him out better, but my issue is that I don't think he gets enough reward for the effort, and again, i find most of the specials lacking in payout, while brawlers gets 2 killing up B's, 2 killing neutrals(one more legit than the other but still) or a very good projectile, a killing side B, and a mobility/approach down B.

Again it's hard without for glory. I'm more just asking what someones actual gameplan is with sword. Do you zone them out? Go in? What racks your damage? How do you KO? How and when are you using his specials? I'm feeling very lost on how to approach most of him.

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
What I meant by making a Mii Faster was in general. Not solely on Swordfighter. My apologies for the confusion.

Perhaps, I am underestimate the priority of Brawler moves. Sadly, this is based on my experience fighting them. I have beaten my cousin and brother's Brawler but had trouble against their Swordfighter and Gunner respectively. Mind you, before this game came out, my cousin really want to make a Brawler. I even show him a video about how "broken" Brawler were. However, now his main Mii is a Swordfighter. And our Skill level is more or less equal. This doesn't mean Brawler are bad just not impressive as we once thought.

Oh... you want killable Special Moves? Then yeah... Swordfighter is lacking in that department. Only Burring Blade, Airborn Assault, Hero's Spin and I guess Power Thrust/Rainbow Slash/Counter kills.

Well, Eji1700. As you can tell, it is different for each person. You just have to experiment and find your typical style. Swordfighter is a Jack of all Trades but Master of None. You can zone, harass, or rush down. It is up to you.

For me, my build is:
Burring Blade
Sword Launcher
Skyward Sword Dash
Rainbow Slash

I don't have a projectile so I have to rushdown. I approach with Dash Attack, Nair, and Sword Launcher. I build up damage with my approach moves plus A-Combo, Ftilt, Dtilt, Fair, Dair or any smash move you like to punish with. I can kill with Fsmash, Usmash, Fair (at the edge), Bair, Holy Crap Uair!, Burring Blade. I return to the stage with Sword Launcher (which is a Superior Quick Draw). Rainbow Slash (superior Mario Cape) is my gimp/reversal tool. My cousin's Swordfighter Counter instead.

Oh come, man. It is not rocket science. You play, you experiment and you battle plus have fun. My main is Kirby so we don't have a general playstyle mechanic. You just read and react.

Last edited:

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
Nevermind, I take back what I said. Swordfighters cannot Wall Jump unlike Gunner and Brawler and have the shortest Jump out of the Miis. Swordfighter sucks.

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
I heard that Airborn Assault got fix? It no longer make you "slide" after using the move.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Ive really taken a liking to Mii Swordfighter's aerials as they all have some really good qualities to them. Im really salty that the Swordfighter does not get any follow-ups on his throws.

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
You sort of follow up Dthrow and Up throw to some aerials. Go read Swordfighter Guide in the forum for more information. And thank you for joining us. Enjoy your stay.

TheTaoDragon

Smash Apprentice
Just a question: Is Airborne Assault good for avoiding projectiles? I think that may be a good use for it, considering the path at which it flies.

I really hope one of the Swordfighter's taunts will be Roy's taunt from Melee. I highly doubt Roy will come back, but it would be a nice tribute to those who used him in Melee.
...That also seems to be the Mii Swordfighter's side taunt.

Last edited by a moderator:

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
Just a question: Is Airborne Assault good for avoiding projectiles? I think that may be a good use for it, considering the path at which it flies.
Hmm.. somewhat but it requires timing. Like you can avoid Bowser's Breath (depend on the distance)/Greninja's Uncharge shuriken (you need to time it right). However, a straight on collision will stop your movement instantly.

I have been messing with Airborne Assault and I am actually liking it more than Sword Launcher.

Top Bottom