• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest DOTA Thread

Banned via Administration
Ok so like 60-70% of us play dota, so lets do this. State crew battle nad mw clan. what do you think?

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
Chaos Knight or Juggernaut... soo cheap haha

and of course you have to play on azeroth east, east coast ftw

Psh...I'll leave this open for like 1-2 days.

name = KishPrime
no you won't youll leave it open for forever because mw plays this game forever. last hting i need is a****ing centaur telling me how to play my wd.

this is crashman
i know theres enough players from atleast wisconsin, illinois, and minnesota to get teams going for a state tournament. i would really like to see it happen, partly cause wisconsin will never beat any other state in smash (besides minnesota) and partly because i'm sick of pubs and would like to play a halfway competitive game without having to actually find a clan and make new friends.

i mean, c'mon...

mathos

Smash Champion
Iggy automatically gets Tinker.

And wth no one in OH plays but me. Oh well 1 v 5 is a Feedfest for me.

James Sparrow

Smash Master
Rearm + sheepstick + manta is broken as ****.

I could probably round up a team of 5 to play for mn.

btw i'm xlp.sparrow. on useast.

Zjiin

Smash Master
Rearm + sheepstick + manta is broken as ****.

I could probably round up a team of 5 to play for mn.

btw i'm xlp.sparrow. on useast.
I personally love the amusement i get from cyclone lock-down.

Iggy automatically gets Tinker.

And wth no one in OH plays but me. Oh well 1 v 5 is a Feedfest for me.
Well, Tinker for the IL team! Also, tell me we have a good Pudge somewhere in IL.

ok its official zjin = scrub, james sparrow = scrub

dont like it? ****ing CHALLENGE US *****ES

"DID SOMEONE CALL DA DOCTA????"

btw im gonna play a few games of dota now

ALWAYS go to channel raptor. that's where we "chill".

KishSquared

Smash Master
Are we talking apem, arem, ap, ar...? If it's ap/apem, do characters get selected ahead of time, or is it a first-come first-serve? Also, would it be best-of-3? Double-elim? Toss some rules together, Rick!

Do we need to make a team of Smashers? Can my non-smashing friends enter the tourney? Either way, I'm up for a state tourney. Count Indiana in. And give us Ohio, poor Mathos :(

Mathos, do you still play??

EDIT: We chill in channel Jigglypuff. Because it's the coolest channel out there.

Cra$hman

Smash Lord
i was thinking drafting like in league mode but all pick would be the fairest way of doing things, i'm not sure if theres a mode like that but if there isn't we can just draft ahead of time and pick do ap mode.

i got listchecker working so lag is almost none.

also, im thinking instead of state we do crews because lets face it id prob be in IL if we did state and mostly crews are within the same state anyways.

ok as for game mode, our options are this:
-rd
i would avoid doing this one but i would do it if everyone wanted to
-ap
with some sort of pre-game list we submit to a 3rd party who then checks to make sure we didnt pick same heroes, which is alot of work
-xl
this is probably the best option but people might ***** about the whole removing 3 heroes from the pool, although we could agree to just not do that.

as for non-smash players im not sure about htat.........

crews so far:

DA:
Crashman (cocacola_zero)
5150 (fifty-one-fifty)
Sauce (thuglyyfe)
Mundungu (oooogy)

Kishes+Mathos:
Kishsquared (Kishsquared)
Ignatius (Ignatius)
Mathos
Kishprime (Kishprime)

WHEN YOU REGISTER INCLUDE YOUR BNET NAME AND CREW

once people sign up for this ill edit first post with registered crews and ****.

KishSquared

Smash Master
If we did ap we wouldn't need a third party. We could just have captains prepare a list and take turns choosing heroes via AIM. That way a team can prioritize which heroes they want to pick first.

All of our crew uses Smashboards names for bnet names. Switch Iggy to Ignatius and we're good.

I'm fine with limiting this to MW Smash. But Rick, if you guys want to play me and my friends, we'll gladly issue you a challenge!

EDIT: The turn-picking method would also allow for some element of strategy in counter-picking. Just a thought.

If we did ap we wouldn't need a third party. We could just have captains prepare a list and take turns choosing heroes via AIM. That way a team can prioritize which heroes they want to pick first.
well -xl is just -ap, but it takes turns auto and pink and blue can remove 3 heroes each from the pool. we can just agree to not remove. sound good?

All of our crew uses Smashboards names for bnet names. Switch Iggy to Ignatius and we're good.
ok

I'm fine with limiting this to MW Smash. But Rick, if you guys want to play me and my friends, we'll gladly issue you a challenge!
then wouldnt that be us challenging you?

Hoefler

BRoomer
Azeroth - oree

I've only been playing a year, so I'm not that good. If anyone wants to put me as an alternate on their team, my AIM name is some311kid.

BTW: Bristle Back. :)

dmac

Smash Champion
oooo i could play me some dotas, dont have much for a team, its just me and rezo that play... so we're free agents! im okay and still kinda new, but rezo is a beast.

James Sparrow

Smash Master
I played against dmac once. marth101 was in that game too. We had 3 solos and 2 jungles (marth101 and i were jungles dirge and lycan) . We had radiances in like 20 mins.

Sliq

Smash Master
If I may so kindly ask, WTF is going on in this thread. I am completely clueless.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
Well it was actually Andy. But Jeff and I helped. I only post this because I will likely never be on the winning team again.

frozen chaos

Smash Apprentice
hey i play dota with clan gas. hit me up if you guys wanna play.. frozen-marine is my sn. its all about naga qop and am

dmac

Smash Champion
im ... dmac on us east, so look me up... im usually on wow though so just msg me on aim if you wanna play!

is everyone mostly on east?

Top Bottom