• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest DOTA Thread

Wilhelmsan

Smash Lord
wtf is the dota metagame anyway...prolly max out the Crystal Maiden and Bones asap?

is this game still as imba as I remember?

mathos

Smash Champion
i got listchecker working so lag is almost none.

also, im thinking instead of state we do crews because lets face it id prob be in IL if we did state and mostly crews are within the same state anyways.

ok as for game mode, our options are this:
-rd
i would avoid doing this one but i would do it if everyone wanted to
-ap
with some sort of pre-game list we submit to a 3rd party who then checks to make sure we didnt pick same heroes, which is alot of work
-xl
this is probably the best option but people might ***** about the whole removing 3 heroes from the pool, although we could agree to just not do that.

as for non-smash players im not sure about htat.........

crews so far:

DA:
Crashman (cocacola_zero)
5150 (fifty-one-fifty)
Sauce (thuglyyfe)
Mundungu (oooogy)

Kishes+Mathos:
Kishsquared (Kishsquared)
Ignatius (Ignatius)
Mathos
Kishprime (Kishprime)

WHEN YOU REGISTER INCLUDE YOUR BNET NAME AND CREW

once people sign up for this ill edit first post with registered crews and ****.
So I just noticed this post. I'm Mathos. And Iggy isn't a Kish, and evidentally The Ship and Mathos are too cool for using the same names on W3 and Smashboards.

Echo

Smash Champion
daymn, people are actually for real about this? I'm might have to start playing again.

Dmac, would you and rezo wanna start somethin up? :p

Cra$hman

Smash Lord
wtf is the dota metagame anyway...prolly max out the Crystal Maiden and Bones asap?

is this game still as imba as I remember?
lol bones is SO 6.37
hes not used at all now that dr.aegis is gone
and crystal maiden is too item dependant and her ms got nerfed

btw i just ordered new computer which should be here in 3 weeks so pretty soon i'll actually be able to play in late game battles with more than 10 fps $$$$$$$$

KishSquared

Smash Master
Is Rick going to organize this? If not, I'll do it, but I don't want to steal his thunder. It's his idea.

I just want it to get going :/ Sign up, people!!

dmac

Smash Champion
sure echo i just need training! im tryin to get into an old game that people have been playing for years :( i literally started like 2 months ago with on/off practicing and playing when i can

Banned via Administration
Is Rick going to organize this? If not, I'll do it, but I don't want to steal his thunder. It's his idea.

I just want it to get going :/ Sign up, people!!
wiat WHAT????? a KISH wants to take over something??????????? OH MY GOSH I AM SHOCKED!!!!!!!!!

dota wont be happening this weekend as msop is happening. we will get this **** going next week.

KishSquared

Smash Master
Yes, we commonly take over the initiatives of others, as we have none of our own! NONE!

Glad to hear you're still rolling with it. I'll look forward to next week.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
All praise is to Allah, I'll fight any man, any animal, if Jesus were here I'd fight him too.
It is interesting to consider whether Jesus would be perfect when it comes to video games. Are they earthly knowledge separate from morality of which he had full knowledge, subject to the fully human part of Jesus which knew not all? Or are video games part of the fabric of heaven, and as such Jesus would pwn j00 repeatedly?

<_<

Zjiin

Smash Master
It is interesting to consider whether Jesus would be perfect when it comes to video games. Are they earthly knowledge separate from morality of which he had full knowledge, subject to the fully human part of Jesus which knew not all? Or are video games part of the fabric of heaven, and as such Jesus would pwn j00 repeatedly?

<_<
Even Jesus couldn't beat my strat.

Banned via Administration

<_<
if video games are heaven then i hope i go straight to ****ing hell.

mathos

Smash Champion

<_<
I laugh every time someone quotes Jianos silly quotes and takes them out of context. :-)

if video games are heaven then i hope i go straight to ****ing hell.
Ironic?

dmac

Smash Champion
any word on anything happening with this? i was temporarily banned from b.net while i was at msop because somehow my dynamic ip was changed to that of a known item selling site. so it took me a week of emailing blizzard back and forth to convince them to let me play warcraft 3 again :B

Cra$hman

Smash Lord
i don't think me and 5150 actually have the discipline to organize this, seeing as how we've completely forgotten/not cared about it for over a week now. 5150 is gonna be pissed, but kishes i guess you guys can go ahead and do this since it doesn't seem like we will.

James Sparrow

Smash Master
With the new patch a lot of the hotness i've seen revolves around stacking damage amplification. i.e. chen or dirge with orchid's malevolence. people just get mowed down like grass.

KishSquared

Smash Master
I'm not gonna steal Rick's thunder. He'd not like me even more than he already doesn't like me :laugh: If he wants me to run it, I'll do it.

Either way, more teams need to sign up.

Dmac, you got a team? Want to take on Cokeship and Friends?

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
any word on anything happening with this? i was temporarily banned from b.net while i was at msop because somehow my dynamic ip was changed to that of a known item selling site. so it took me a week of emailing blizzard back and forth to convince them to let me play warcraft 3 again :B
Riiiiiiight...

Also Kishes aren't running this, if anyone, Jeff is.

Jeff probably won't even take me on his team.

Top Bottom