• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest Circuit - East Division (Official Info & Announcements)

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
theres no point prob

if lain or judge gets first and ally 2nd, lain or judge would get first
last circuit event is 1.5x points

i dont even live in ur region and i kno how it goes down!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
If there is a direct tie in points, the money will be split evenly between them. Meaning if two people got "1st" point placements, they'd get 1st and 2nd place money split between them.

So if first got $10 and second got $6, they'd both get $8. Except the number will be higher.

What's The Point

Smash Master
If Ally gets first or second, he wins.

If Ally gets third, Judge or Lain win if they get first. If Anther gets first, he ties with Ally.

Last event is worth
1 - 60
2 - 45
3 - 30

Ally - 80
Judge - 60
Lain - 60
Anther - 50

80+45 = 125
60+60 = 120

80+30 = 110
60+60 = 120
50+60 = 110

IkeKillsAll

Smash Cadet
This is frustrating, I'm a high school student in Indianapolis who has no idea when a tourney is actually close, every time it's like Ohio, Michigan, Illinois, or some Indiana city I've never heard of lol. Can someone PM me when there's one near Indianapolis?

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
This is frustrating, I'm a high school student in Indianapolis who has no idea when a tourney is actually close, every time it's like Ohio, Michigan, Illinois, or some Indiana city I've never heard of lol. Can someone PM me when there's one near Indianapolis?
You have to travel...Don't expect tournaments to be across the street from you...Just travel...

lou4222

Smash Lord
Indianapolis is like 2 hours from Springfield. Thats nothing lol. Most people in the midwest would do anything for every tourney to be 2 hours. Theres a car pool coming from Indiana. If you contacted the right people you might be able to work something out.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Indianapolis is like 2 hours from Springfield. Thats nothing lol. Most people in the midwest would do anything for every tourney to be 2 hours. Theres a car pool coming from Indiana. If you contacted the right people you might be able to work something out.
I would do ANYTHING for every tourney to be 2 hours!

Seriously, it would do WONDERS for me seeing as how I have the most ridiculous senior year next year ever (Physics C + Calculus BC)

clowsui

Smash Legend
I have English 12 AP too LOL
Stats is nothing btw, everybody in my school says it's the easiest math class ever...instead I have Comp. Gov which is far more interesting

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Yeah, Stats was ridiculously easy, but easy, relevant credits toward college are never a bad thing.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
AP Comp Sci :(
Not enough demand in my school for the course to be available.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
i only had ap calc bc and ap physics c this yr

the ap exam for physics this yr ***** my butt

i took ap stat and ap english my junior yr

Overswarm

is laughing at you
You guys are lame. I convinced my school I was gifted and had three "study halls" where I just walked around the school. They didn't give me an assigned room and the teachers were told to leave me be so I could work on projects I deemed interesting so that I could stimulate my mental growth.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
You silly people with taking AP courses during your senior years. During my senior year of high school I took calc 2, calc 3, and some calc based physics course at a community college while getting paid to tutor math to college students that went there.

Count

Smash Champion
No high school johns. I took hard classes but didn't do much in high school. At butler I work hard though, hence my rare tournament sightings during school.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I have a bachelors in English and Secondary education. I'm applying for jobs right now, and during my student teaching I was known as the "gamer guy". One kid knew me there from melee tournaments, it was pretty awesome. I got challenged to Halo and CoD4 sooooooooo many times.

And Count? About the whole education major thing, ya know, them doing nothing?

Totally true. Like 90% of them are complaining jerks that don't do anything and just sit in a position due to tenure.

Count

Smash Champion
I know its true haha, my girlfriend actually recently switched to education. She was in pharmacy. She couldn't believe how much time she had on her hands. I like education majors, its just annoying when I'm studying my *** off and they're either always wasted or just doing flat out nothing.

My girlfriend takes the praxis here shortly, also..even though she just joined the program.

Seriously though, education majors can get away with decent salary with not a ton of work in school. They make me question whether or not actuarial science is worth it :p

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Seriously though, education majors can get away with decent salary with not a ton of work in school. They make me question whether or not actuarial science is worth it :p
You're doing that too? Have you taken any exams yet? I'm taking exam P/1 in July and FM/2 in August (I think it's August).

Count

Smash Champion
I don't take any until next year. Ha I never thought I would meet another actuary smasher.

I just finished my freshman year, there's only one kid I know of at Butler that is far enough ahead to take it. I haven't really taken any actuary specific classes yet so I'm not sure what to think yet, but I am fairly sure I will like it.

Do you enjoy it? I've heard the first exam isn't bad at all, I bet you will be fine.

I think i take the p1 either SB next year or right after spring finals.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
The Praxis is cake. I'm taking the essay portion on the 13th, but the content was one of the easier tests I've taken. The PLT might fail me simply because it depends on who grades it and they gave me two essay questions asking me to create comprehensive community-based lesson plans for a spanish classroom when I'm an English major, but I'm sure I passed that too.

Education stuff is hard, believe it or not. It's not hard in the fact that it is hard to DO; it's hard to take their tests and please people, because you basically have to tell them what they want to hear, and that changes from person to person.

Count

Smash Champion
The Praxis is cake. I'm taking the essay portion on the 13th, but the content was one of the easier tests I've taken. The PLT might fail me simply because it depends on who grades it and they gave me two essay questions asking me to create comprehensive community-based lesson plans for a spanish classroom when I'm an English major, but I'm sure I passed that too.

Education stuff is hard, believe it or not. It's not hard in the fact that it is hard to DO; it's hard to take their tests and please people, because you basically have to tell them what they want to hear, and that changes from person to person.
I can agree with that, but I think you will be fine as you are a male. They need male teachers so badly that I feel like you have to screw up pretty badly to not get a job. I guess being English may be a bit more difficult but if you were math or science you'd really be set.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Yeah, the whole "they need male teachers" doesn't really cut it. While it is helpful, there has to be a job opening for that to happen.

Sliq

Smash Master
Yeah, the whole "they need male teachers" doesn't really cut it. While it is helpful, there has to be a job opening for that to happen.
Your mom has an opening, and a wide variety of "jobs."

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
I don't take any until next year. Ha I never thought I would meet another actuary smasher.

I just finished my freshman year, there's only one kid I know of at Butler that is far enough ahead to take it. I haven't really taken any actuary specific classes yet so I'm not sure what to think yet, but I am fairly sure I will like it.

Do you enjoy it? I've heard the first exam isn't bad at all, I bet you will be fine.

I think i take the p1 either SB next year or right after spring finals.
I'm enjoying it a surprising amount. I'm not very far into the program and am taking the first two concentration courses right now (Probability and Interest Theory). I think a lot of it's pretty interesting and the probability stuff def makes you think a lot. The courses I'm taking right now practically teach everything on the P and FM so I don't think I'll have too much of a problem passing either on the first try.

Count

Smash Champion
Ah nice, I take that class second semester next year. I really liked econ last year. Next semester I have stats, calc 3, accounting, and computer science for major requirements.

One of my buddys is going to hook me up with an internship next summer, if you're interested I could probably hook you up. Probably going to be in Chicago. So I can talk to you about this at another tourney or something.

But yeah, I've always been obsessed with/thinking about pretty much everything in life. So actuarial science seemed fitting.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Ah nice, I take that class second semester next year. I really liked econ last year. Next semester I have stats, calc 3, accounting, and computer science for major requirements.

One of my buddys is going to hook me up with an internship next summer, if you're interested I could probably hook you up. Probably going to be in Chicago. So I can talk to you about this at another tourney or something.

But yeah, I've always been obsessed with/thinking about pretty much everything in life. So actuarial science seemed fitting.
Are you taking Probability or Interest Theory next year? Or both?

I'm hoping to get an internship through All State next summer in Chicago and I have an inside connection, but it's not a sure thing, so if you don't mind, I would like to talk to you about that. I'll hit you up next time we're both at the same tourney. Thanks man.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Final Circuit Rankings:

1: Ally 140 (CAN/MI - Snake)
2: Lain 105 (MI - Ice Climbers/King Dedede)
3: Judge 82.5 (MI - Meta Knight)
4: Anther 80 (MI - Pikachu)
5: AlphaZealot 44 (OH - Diddy Kong)
6: SamuraiPanda 36 (MI - Snake)
7: Needle of Juntah 26 (MI - Game and Watch)
8: Overswarm 23 (OH - Meta Knight/ROB)
8: Shugo 23 (OH - Sonic)
10: Capem 22 (OH - Meta Knight)
11: Omni 21 (MI - Wolf/Ice Climbers/Meta Knight)
12: Quivo 20 (OH - Toon Link)
12: Bowyer 20 (MI - Meta Knight)
14: Y.b.M. 19 (OH - Kirby)
14: Nope 19 (OH - Snake)
16: Xisin 18 (KY - Marth)
17: Hunger 15 (IL - Wario)
17: Pops 15 (OH - Wario)
19: Champ 13 (OH - Falco)
19: Rofa 13 (MI - Meta Knight)
21: Grimace 12 (IL - Snake)
22: Infern Angelis 11 (OH - Snake/Ike)
23: ook 10 (IL - Donkey Kong)
23: Renegade 10 (IL - Donkey Kong)
23: Kel 10 (OH - Meta Knight)
23: Smash64 10 (OH - Snake/Ness)
27: Tactical 9.5 (OH - Lucario)
28: Hilt 8 (KY - Olimar)
28: Toph 8 (MI - ?)
28: Chewy 8 (IL - Ice Climbers)
31: HateOni 6 (MI - Meta Knight)
32: Cake 5.5 (OH - Diddy Kong)
33: Mr. E 5 (OH - ROB)
33: Count 5 (IN - Diddy Kong)
33: Rowan 5 (KY - Peach)
36: Mister Eric 4.5 (OH - ?)
37: Lou 4 (OH - Game and Watch)
38: Blood Hawk 3.5 (IN - Lucario)
39: Sago 3 (OH - Samus)
39: Fatboy 3 (IL - ?)
41: Machinegun Norm 2 (IL - Snake)
41: Kirk 2 (IL - Ike)
41: TravisD 2 (OH - Meta Knight)
44: Ithrowthings 1.5 (OH - Sonic)
44:DJ Iskascribble 1.5 (OH - Meta Knight)
44: Z 1.5 (OH - Meta Knight)
47: Fizzle 1 (IN - Olimar)
47: Asdioh 1 (IN - Kirby)
47: Dope 1 (MI - Wario)
47: Ripple 1 (IL - Donkey Kong)
47: Crunch 1 (OH - Wario)
47: Zozaphobe 1 (IN - Meta Knight)
47: SteelSamurai 1 (?)
47: Fonz 1 (OH - Lucario/Ganon)
47: TheJerk 1 (OH - Random)
47: KingYoshi 1 (OH - Pikachu)
47: Beegs 1 (OH - Marth)