• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midland Thread

Acro

Smash Ace
lmao I went on smashboards and saw the Midland thread on the first pages and LOL'd... yeah we're looking for another tourny to go to in April

Acro

Smash Ace
wish I could go but its looking like I have a race to do that very day.. that tourny was looking sweet too :(

Valban

Smash Apprentice
hmmm, ya. actually I'll probably have to work. but parents are leaving tomorrow for japan. I have to work fri and sat night but maybe we can still get something together here in lansing if you guys are willing?

WarriorKnight

Smash Ace
High level New York smasher coming to Michigan from April 8th until April 17th.

Hey, i was a really well known smash melee player a couple of years back in NY. I even shook up some top players at MLGs.

I was the creator of a crew named Killer Fleet, a once active crew with very talanted players.
I'm actually still a really good player even if im not really active.
I'm a real beast with bowser in both melee and brawl.

Anyways, im coming to Michigan for training for a new job that i landed from April 8th through April 17th. I will be in Livonia, MI 48152.

I'd love to play the most talented players around this area if possible. (I Prefer melee so much more). Brawl is ok too i guess.

I got my own rental car and I got my hotel room so I dont need housing or anything.

I love to go out for drinks on the weekends and have fun. (meeting girls, partying, clubbing, etc...) Im still 21 after all lol. How do Michigan girls get it poppin? lol.

Sounds like a lot i know lol. I just wanna enjoy as much as I can while im out there since i barely ever travel.

I basically don't know anybody out there and I will be really bored for these 10 days if I dont find some acquatances.

I made a thread on the midwest regional thingy but I didnt see any Michigan Threads until i clicked on this one. Putting it here as well so more eyes can see lol.
Any of guys party on the weekends?

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
warrior knight, here's the thread you're looking for: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=34559&page=400

Midland's basically out of the scene right now... Ann Arbor has a strong brawl scene. The melee scene kinda died in MI. South east MI has a couple good players, but that's kinda far. Ann Arbor's got a couple pretty decent melee guys... There aren't many party goers in MI but you could def find some people to chill and smash with while drinking/pot smoking if you're up for that. Just post that **** in the thread I linked or hit me up with a PM or something.

Acro

Smash Ace
yes sometime soon.. lansing.. i'm down :) Warriorknight if you wanna play sometime and are somewhere near midland just PM me or something. we still TRY and play.. just don't go to tourny's. Drinking is fun too :)

dablackpacman

Smash Ace
ay bigy, y'all comin to garden city for the oct 2nd tournament. don't have recording device or the game yet but I have sum vids under my link thread if u wanna see how he's doin

Shibbypod

BIM
Slippi.gg
SHIB#55
Holy crap... This thread still exists

Yes, Game is correct. Here is the Facebook thread to the event he is mentioning

https://www.facebook.com/events/435053393276208/

Shib-Bi-Weekly is the name, address is in the event, usually is about 2 hours from the big scenes in MI smash but check it out, this is very likely my final few months of competitive smash before calling it casual from here on out.

It will be my 10 year mark on SWF after all...

Game 'n' Watch

Smash Journeyman
Holy crap... This thread still exists

Yes, Game is correct. Here is the Facebook thread to the event he is mentioning

https://www.facebook.com/events/435053393276208/

Shib-Bi-Weekly is the name, address is in the event, usually is about 2 hours from the big scenes in MI smash but check it out, this is very likely my final few months of competitive smash before calling it casual from here on out.

It will be my 10 year mark on SWF after all...
I have heard this before... the competitive drive always calls you back, lol

Shibbypod

BIM
Slippi.gg
SHIB#55
Yeah... I doubt that I will EVER quit playing all together... but maybe I can last until May 2014, and call it quits then, (10 year swf anniversary...)

Traveling from this area is very expensive, and honestly I never really see myself climbing to anywhere near the top, so playing for the sake of competition may wear me out... Lets make it through one tournament at a time until then though!

Shibbypod

BIM
Slippi.gg
SHIB#55
Reminder to anyone looking at this, We play here in Midland every Wednesday night. Next week it is my place, tonight it was at Acro's place

Shibbypod

BIM
Slippi.gg
SHIB#55
I have updated my first post in the thread, which would be the post # 2 with the following info. Live in or play in Midland enough to belong to this list? Let me know!

List of Midland SSBM players.
Acro (Inactive) :sheikmelee::foxmelee::mewtwomelee:
Shibby :drmario:
Game :gawmelee::samusmelee::ganondorfmelee:
AIDS :marthmelee::foxmelee:
Formal (Inactive) :marthmelee:
**** (Inactive) :falcomelee::jigglypuffmelee:
As Money (Inactive) :marthmelee:
Matthew :ganondorfmelee:
Anders (Inactive) :marthmelee:
Haney (Inactive) :marthmelee:
Kruse (Inactive) :samusmelee:
Mason :jigglypuffmelee::drmario:

luigi master tae

Smash Journeyman
lol partly true I think only other black person I seen there was at bennagins but midland is my kind of place no black ppl :) except when I'm there lol

Shibbypod

BIM
Slippi.gg
SHIB#55
I'd really like the Midland scene to start playing a little more again. I don't need them to come to tournament and stuff, but it would be great just to get to play with everybody again.

On a side note, I just saw that Sheepyman is a back roomer. WHAT THE FRENCH TOAST.

Top Bottom