• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Middle of Ohio V [Melee] 1/17/09 ::Vids in 2nd post::

4% APR

Smash Champion
The United States Of *** Kicking!!!!!!!!!

Fun tourney guys. Everyone is really good now. No easy matches. Good job swift.

ps-drew has the best falco I've ever seen.(next to bigR)

Skyson

Smash Ace
For a first tournament experience, I didn't do too bad, and by that I mean I got my *** handed to me, but it will still fun as hell. :dizzy:

^ This, except minus the "I didn't do too bad."

First tournament != "let's try to be flashy"

Those that were there who remember the Sheik that regularly missed the Up-B ledge cancel, yeah, that was me. <_<

2-Tone

Smash Journeyman
yeah soap. I kept wondering when you were gonna show.

btw, what were the results of crews? We didn't stay for them because of girl johns.:(

2-Tone

Smash Journeyman
Nice. I wish we would've stayed for it. We actually had the potential for a KY crew with Jiano and Souroush being there. If they would've been up for it. But they're in Cocaine Cowboys so, yeah.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
so in light of the growing popularity of these tournaments, i think its about time we start doing bi-weeklies again, eh?

(yes, i still play smash)
Seconded, thirded, and fourthded by me and my other two personalities, i'm also pretty certain all of my crew would show up to as many of the bi-weeklies as possible

soap

Smash Hero
so in light of the growing popularity of these tournaments, i think its about time we start doing bi-weeklies again, eh?

(yes, i still play smash)
we would need a venue of sorts, or somebody willing to host

biweekly tournies would be the **** i think, can u worthington guys get the place more often?

im so sad i couldnt come, i really need to play now too.. somebody help me out

aquteen

Smash Ace
actually me and rance were just talking about starting to do biweeklys. and then host bigger tournaments like once every 2 months.

yes we can get the place more often but we just have to reserve it more in advance.

they would be smaller in scale probably only singles but would people be interested in biweeklys?

D

Deleted member

Bi-weeklies would be awesome.

**** I don't even know where to begin with explaining how awesome this tournament was. All the matches played were very fun and intense. Everybody seemed to have a very good time. As someone mentioned earlier, none of the matches played were "givens" to anyone. I think pools helped a lot in this regard. Matches seemed to be very close.

Shoutouts to everyone I played...

Jiano: Well you 4 stocked my Falcon, but it was an honor to play against you. Also you have really good DI.
Survived a Fox Fsmash at the ledge of FD at 120% with Falcon, didn't even send him out of the bubble haha.
BigR: Your Falco is scary good and I couldn't do **** on it.

CDCP: Your Marth has a very technical and awesome spacing style to it.

D-mar Player in Pools: I love Dmar but I don't think I could ever have the style and fluidity that your Dmar displayed.

Falco player in Pools: Yea you sided during the first match but it was an awesome set and very tough for my Ganon to handle.

My only concerns for the next tournament is going to be heat. The temperature was fine during this tournament but that's because it was about 5 degrees outside, I'm afraid a spring tournament with that many people would be pretty hot.

4% APR

Smash Champion
actually me and rance were just talking about starting to do biweeklys. and then host bigger tournaments like once every 2 months.

yes we can get the place more often but we just have to reserve it more in advance.

they would be smaller in scale probably only singles but would people be interested in biweeklys?
I hate to be this way, but if it were only singles, x and I probably wouldn't come

soap

Smash Hero
im honestly cool with just biweekly smashfests, ya hurr

there would be no tourny running pressure and u guys could enjoy some matches and get better.

like 15 kids, 5 setups or something would be plenty of fun for me

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace
sucks, me and my friends had to go early but we were on a time frame and to sil, thats what happens when im not told earlier on to come get you. it honestly would have been better if i had known earlier in advance.

i am sorry to you and wakka about that

I AM ALSO VERY MAD ABOUT HAVEING TO PLAY AGAINST FOX EVERY ROUND OF MY POOL!!!!!
haha owell :D

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
For a first tournament experience, I didn't do too bad, and by that I mean I got my *** handed to me, but it will still fun as hell. :dizzy:
^ This, except minus the "I didn't do too bad."

First tournament != "let's try to be flashy"

Those that were there who remember the Sheik that regularly missed the Up-B ledge cancel, yeah, that was me. <_<
OMG people from Canton playing melee we need to get together sometime/carpool/etc. I've got a friend from school I've been training to be decent, maybe we could form a canton crew or something. If only his dad would let him go to a tournament (his dad doesn't like games much :/, but after enough bugging should come around)

Anyway, I was the guy wearing the ridiculous camo pants/"don't get hit" shirt combination. I wear normal khaki/t shirts normally, I just like to wear crazy stuff for smash tournaments so people can remember me better lolol. I was kinda disappointed that I didn't make the bracket (if I hadn't messed up that last edgeguard...), especially after getting really excited after taking swift down to his last stock (He suicided once, I got him down to his last life with two stock remaining myself, then he's all "oh shoot I might lose this one gotta get serious" then doesn't let me touch him the rest of the match.)

Aquteen/other hosts- thanks so much for hosting this, I had an awesome time.

2-Tone

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts Time

Jiano- Good set. I honestly didn't think I'd get your Falcon to 1 stock. Then you brought down the hammer in match 2 and ***** my day.

Watty- Great sets in pools and brackets. I kept getting so close to beating your Samus. I play Megachuk's all the time so I kind of know the match-up but I kept falling for things I shouldn't have. Good **** anyway.

Dippn- Good games in brackets. That last match on YS was pretty epic and I barely pulled it out. Doubles could've gone better for us but, oh well. I hate to say it but I don't really care that much for doubles anyhow. See you at the next one, man.

Juke- Good friendlies. I learned a lot from that Marth ditto, too. It's nice to play another Marth that doesn't just run around and randomly Fsmash all over the place.

Pools Shoutsies:

Vyke?- Sorry, forgot how to spell it. Your Doc is pretty good. A member of my crew plays him too and from experience against it you should definitely be gayer with pills against Marth. I think if you had I wouldn't have won as easily. But, other than that, keep playing, you're real good.

Blue Rogue- Good set. Your Jigs is crazy. I had more trouble against it than I did your Falco. If this was your first tourney, I'd say you did pretty well for a first time.

DNAInstant- Your Fox was OK. You kept recovering the same way though so I was able to punish with dtilts a lot. Other than that it's great.

Megachuck, FEAR, Buttram & Akira- Our crew is ballin'. Phil, your idea for a crew of gay sheiks is too gay for 2-Tone.

The hosts- Awesome tourney. The best one yet I think. And THANK you for not making me play ANYONE from my crew this time! That was the best part. I guess it's easier when you have that many entrants though, but still, points for that.

I had fun at this one. Maybe when we do pools again I won't get thrown into a pool like that. It's nice to get 3rd place in my pool but not when you know your going to have 2 almost guaranteed losses at the hands of Jiano and Watty, lol. Oh well, I don't mind. I'm gonna keep coming to these. I've had perfect attendance since MoTO 3, can't stop now.

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
1: Drephen ($300)
2: Swift ($150)
3: Jiano ($50)
4: Juke
5: Big R
5: 4%
7: XYT
7: X :)
9: Big D
9: fear
9: Hugs$$$
9: souroush
13: Impp
13: Anon
13: Aj
13: Vudujin
17: The Lake
17: Nakamaru
17: Lyme
17: Harm
17: Phil
17: 2-tone
17: Dobs
17: CDCP
25: Akira
25: megachuk
25: aquteen
25: DNA Instant
25: MYK
25: Dippndots
25: BDC
25: A-Laon
Why is watty not here, did he use a different name or not enter or someting?

.Rance.

Smash Apprentice
The hosts- Awesome tourney. The best one yet I think. And THANK you for not making me play ANYONE from my crew this time! That was the best part. I guess it's easier when you have that many entrants though, but still, points for that.
Thanks :). Thank you to all of you for actually writing down your location/crews this time haha. It's easy to keep you from fighting in the first round, but beyond that its hard to split everyone up well because i dont know who will win/lose. Pools helped for splitting everyone up real well.

I had fun at this one. Maybe when we do pools again I won't get thrown into a pool like that. It's nice to get 3rd place in my pool but not when you know your going to have 2 almost guaranteed losses at the hands of Jiano and Watty, lol. Oh well, I don't mind. I'm gonna keep coming to these. I've had perfect attendance since MoTO 3, can't stop now.
The thing with pools, is that the top 8 players from the top 4 teams each get their own pool, so that's like 1 person who could go undefeated. So, I can't really do anything about that, just how things work.

bi-weekly anything would be awesome
Easiest quote about them i could grab, this is to all of those that want biweeklies. I think we talked about doing these on weekdays at one point, where we would start around 3:30 on a thursday or something. I don't think that'd work for many people though.

Basically, only thing we were gonna have trouble with is money. With MoTOT's 1-4, we were able to pretty much pay for venue/drinks with the venue fees. (#5 we ended up with a little extra money because there were a lot of people, we were probably gonna hold onto it and add it as an OOS Bonus or something for the next tourney)

.Rance.

Smash Apprentice
Ok lol, yeah I agree with not feeding his wallet haha. If we were to host smashfests, we might need to find a new place to hold them. If we can come across a good place, I'd say Aquteen and I would be more than willing to host them, but everyone else is welcome to jump in and host a few.

Skyson

Smash Ace
OMG people from Canton playing melee we need to get together sometime/carpool/etc. I've got a friend from school I've been training to be decent, maybe we could form a canton crew or something. If only his dad would let him go to a tournament (his dad doesn't like games much :/, but after enough bugging should come around)

Anyway, I was the guy wearing the ridiculous camo pants/"don't get hit" shirt combination. I wear normal khaki/t shirts normally, I just like to wear crazy stuff for smash tournaments so people can remember me better lolol. I was kinda disappointed that I didn't make the bracket (if I hadn't messed up that last edgeguard...), especially after getting really excited after taking swift down to his last stock (He suicided once, I got him down to his last life with two stock remaining myself, then he's all "oh shoot I might lose this one gotta get serious" then doesn't let me touch him the rest of the match.)

wtf seriously? I do remember seeing you there. Where the heck in canton are you? Canton is not a big place, we should be able to find each other or something. O_o

Canton crew would be crazy, but we brought like 5 people up and practically formed our own crew. "the first timers" lolol.

But wow, I thought this part of Ohio was desolate. I like being wrong on this occasion.

Top Bottom