• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Michigan Melee Social Thread and Power Rankings

Roller

Smash Legend
Someone should install streaming software on my pc and show me how to set it up. I already have a good quality external web cam n' shi. I'd get headsets if I were to be informed of how to run a stream.

Probably will be there on Thursday, but late.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
After watching Northwest Manifest this past weekend I think it would be amazing if The Big House 2 had two streams for maximum coverage. Too many top players have a habit of waiting to get on the stream while the bracket could be making more progress elsewhere. I might try to make a page on UMSmash.com where you can view both streams and toggle between them.

Also, Pierpont East Room will officially be the venue for The Big House 2. I talked to the building staff and they told me the AC wasn't turned on until the week after we had SWEET VII, because that's the typical time of year to turn AC on for them. So we were just victims of unusually warm weather, but it won't be a problem in the future. Really excited to use that venue again.

This is gonna be the schedule:

Saturday, 10/27
10am Venue Opens, Registration
12pm Doubles Bracket
3pm Singles Pools Wave 1 (food break for all Wave 2 players)
6pm Singles Pools Wave 2 (food break for all Wave 1 players)
9pm Crew Battle: Midwest vs The World
11pm Venue Closes

Sunday, 10/28
10am Venue Opens
12pm Pro Singles Bracket
2pm Amateur Singles Bracket
9pm Venue Closes

I'm trying to assemble a tentative TO staff... so far Chris, Chad, Richard, Roki, Dre, Solo, and ThuGz have expressed interest. I'm gonna put together two options for TOing over Big House weekend and I'm looking for about 4 people to do each:

Part-time TO: Help with everything during registration. Help with any venue tasks that are necessary throughout the weekend like arranging tables/chairs, labeling setups, kicking people off friendlies before announcements, managing powerstrips/extension cords. No friendlies until Sunday. I will pay for your entire venue/entry fee ($40 value) and you get a staff lanyard/nametag.

Full-time TO: Help with everything during registration. Be in charge of the TO desk during the wave you're not playing in. Create pools in tio and enter pool results into tio. Serve as a pool captain for your own pool. Identify bottlenecks holding up bracket and hunt down the players involved. No friendlies until after 3pm on Sunday. I will pay for your entire venue/entry fee ($40 value) plus an additional $40 and you get a staff lanyard/nametag.

(within these, I'll need people who are in charge of managing a specific event, like the crew battle or amateur bracket)

Let me know if you're still interested in being on staff and which option you'd prefer. I know Chris already said he'll be a full-time TO.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
I dunno if I talked to you about this, but count me out officially for TO'ing for TBH2. If you need or want help during the planning, I'm always happy to help out though.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
What happened to the T-Shirts :O

I'll be a Full-Time TO
Two problems with the shirts, I don't have a copy of the Big House 2 logo that's high-resolution enough to turn into a decent shirt image, and they're too expensive unless ordered in mass quantities of 50+, which is risky because I don't think 50 attendees will want to buy one.

I dunno if I talked to you about this, but count me out officially for TO'ing for TBH2. If you need or want help during the planning, I'm always happy to help out though.
Yeah you mentioned it before, no problem. How are the grad school plans coming along?

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
I'm waiting on a school in Chicago, but otherwise it's looking like I'm still gonna be around MI :p

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I don't need any more full time TOs at the moment, definitely want more part time though! Also, where have you been, haven't seen you at a Smashfest in ages.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Who's coming to the Masonfest tomorrow (Thursday)? I'll be there at 8:30pm, hopefully Room 1427 but if that's occupied then we'll move to the second floor.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
FC will be amazing. Everyone who's ever watched the old crew battles and thought to themselves "I wish I was part of that era of Smash" has no excuse to miss this one. I expect FC to easily break 200+ entrants, so we really need to bring at least a couple cars out there this summer to take advantage of a national within driving distance.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Kage already said he's definitely going.

Also, Masonfest at 8:30pm is on, this one will be big. Confirmed so far: Moose, Chad, Kzhu, Butch G, Aceplayer, Roller.

bliu12

Smash Apprentice
hm ok. if i'm around, i might want to go to FC.

also, will try to drop by the masonfest.

kd-

Smash Lord
fc3 crew battles what got me into melee
Hah I saw your post in the FC thread with the same thing

who is butch g btw
He's a Peach player and a cool guy who improved a ton.

Edit: I first saw that new FC thread when, in the SSPD thread, Sveet was trying to name the tourney he met Ambix at. He rattled off a few tourneys then stopped at FC. Kira came in with a post that said, "Did someone say FC?" with the FC linked. 1000hypes

Top Bottom