• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Michigan Melee Social Thread and Power Rankings

rokimomi

Smash Lord
Ooh, I remember that, hmm, well if you have the results of the round robin, sspd, I assume, only needs a date and a result to calculate elo. So separating out those losers brackets results into pools somehow (with each round robin being a different pool, or different round of pool). Lol, this is alot of work, and I don't know if you still have the Round Robin results for each round of losers.

Dre the Ace

Smash Ace
Current Top 10 would be:
1. Moose [Falco] - 1623
2. Duck [Samus] - 1606
3. Shady [Falco] - 1535
4. Shaeden [Falco] - 1524
5. Dope [Falco] - 1495
6. Mikey Lenetia [Peach] - 1493
7. Abu [Jigglypuff] - 1484
8. Velynn [Jigglypuff] - 1437
9. Juggleguy [Captain Falcon] - 1433
10. HIV+ [Falco] - 1426
HM. SlayerTokey [Captain Falcon] - 1415
HM. Lain [Marth] - 1375
HM. SCOTU [Unknown character/Fox] - 1354
HM. 1der [Unknown character/Fox] - 1338
HM. Anther [Unknown character/Pikachu] - 1326

inb4 abusays'Michigan is free'
lol wut.

Outside of the top 3, this list is a joke. Dope, Shaeden, and Mikey all need to go to more tournaments, especially the latter two. Going to one out of every 10 tournaments should not qualify you as PR'd. SCOTU is retired and therefore should not be an HM, maybe on the inactive HM list, same with Anther.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
If the next PR was made right now... Mikey, Abu, SCOTU, 1der, and Anther wouldn't qualify due to area of residence or inactivity. Dope would though.

:phone:

kd-

Smash Lord
I did the 'remove inactives' and that was the list. Of course there'd be some manual tweaking, but my post was just to see the top 10 without having to do it yourself.

Eventually I'll get good, but people will name me different things in TIO allowing me to slowly take over ALL PR spots.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Juggleguy: You could just make a bunch of pools from that hybrid format.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
What do those ELO start at?

Since when can my kindle view web pages in ebook format? That's weird and gross. Unless maybe it was a wall of text page or something.

kd-

Smash Lord
I used to think Ice Climbers were cool and really super mindblowingly technical and required 4 hands and 8 brains to use and did really hard work on opponents for successful outcomes.

Now after practicing with them, despite the hard work of getting the grab/hit/corralling Nana, if I do something successful with them it's dumb/lame and if I don't it's more dumb/lamer.

I can't win ={}

edit: @SCOTU I'm guessing the ELO starts at 1200, but I have no idea. There's my on-topic contribution, sort of.

kalamazhu

Smash Journeyman
Current Top 10 would be:
1. Moose [Falco] - 1623
2. Duck [Samus] - 1606
3. Shady [Falco] - 1535
4. Shaeden [Falco] - 1524
5. Dope [Falco] - 1495
6. Mikey Lenetia [Peach] - 1493
7. Abu [Jigglypuff] - 1484
8. Velynn [Jigglypuff] - 1437
9. Juggleguy [Captain Falcon] - 1433
10. HIV+ [Falco] - 1426
HM. SlayerTokey [Captain Falcon] - 1415
HM. Lain [Marth] - 1375
HM. SCOTU [Unknown character/Fox] - 1354
HM. 1der [Unknown character/Fox] - 1338
HM. Anther [Unknown character/Pikachu] - 1326

inb4 abusays'Michigan is free'
goddamn am I kicked off the MI PR now??

kd-

Smash Lord
Ice Climbers are lame, and Jungle is lamer.

Edit: What I mean is like, I feel IC's skillset is drastically different than the rest of the melee cast. It's like playing as Jigglypuff where there's a blatant disregard for Smash intricacies and fundamentals because your character can overcome the player's faults with stupid crap, i.e. puff's rest or IC's grab-to-smash finisher. I feel like KirbyKaze's quote on Puff mains can apply to IC's as well.

Jigglypuffs l-cancel?

Puff mains don't even play SSBM lmao you guys are ****ing horrible at like everything but you do okay periodically because of rest OHKOs and other bullcrap. Puffs routinely have like the worst habits out of every competitive character because Puff teaches you guys nothing about fundamentals because you can't be comboed and unless you herp derp super hard you probably don't get edgeguarded.

HBox is excluded from this 'cuz he's actually good. But honestly most of you are seriously ****ing bad at this game.

I think I have met about 1-2 people that actually enjoy playing Puff that are okay with her.
It's basically how I feel about IC's too, minus the not getting comboed and edgeguarded part, but IC's have a lot of bs that I thought was cooler before, and then upon executing I feel a lot different. No disrespect to Puff or IC's players and maybe I'm completely wrong, but whatever it's just the way I feel. It's lame.

kd-

Smash Lord
goddamn am I kicked off the MI PR now??
Lolz I was grinning for a second because I could call you a fraud, we all know you are!

But no, I think you just weren't in the Michigan region. You're 7th (6th without Mikey), which is close to the 9th you are on the actual PR if I recall correctly:

Moose [Falco] - 1623
Duck [Samus] - 1606
Shady [Marth] - 1535
Shaeden [Falco] - 1524
Dope [Falco] - 1495
Kalamazhu [Peach] - 1475 [Michigan]
Velynn [Jigglypuff] - 1437 [Michigan]
Juggleguy [Captain Falcon] - 1433 [Michigan]
HIV+ [Falco] - 1426 [Michigan]
SlayerTokey [Captain Falcon] - 1415 [Michigan]
Kail [Ganondorf] - 1324 [Michigan]
Stratford [Fox] - 1301 [Michigan]
Brainjack [Marth] - 1277 [Michigan]
Butch G [Unknown character] - 1256 [Michigan]
RyeJew [Unknown character] - 1241 [Michigan]
BloodyJoker [Unknown character] - 1239 [Michigan]
Kinglit [Falco] - 1235 [Michigan]
Dre [Pikachu] - 1234 [Michigan]
roki [Dr. Mario] - 1229 [Michigan]

Unsurprisingly JUST out of the top 10 + 5 HM spot is BloodyJoker at 16th, which if he actually tried for just a little bit more during his matches he'd be good. Kind of surprising is Kinglit, who goes relatively unnoticed in tournaments. Dre is good, Roki is not Dr. Mario but good. I stopped there because next was DBPM, who took his talents to South Beach.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
If Ori had only saved the tio files from BAMF 1-4, I'd probably be higher... not fair!

I might just have to re-create the tio files myself by looking at the AiB results. *sigh*

kalamazhu

Smash Journeyman

Edit: What I mean is like, I feel IC's skillset is drastically different than the rest of the melee cast. It's like playing as Jigglypuff where there's a blatant disregard for Smash intricacies and fundamentals because your character can overcome the player's faults with stupid crap, i.e. puff's rest or IC's grab-to-smash finisher. I feel like KirbyKaze's quote on Puff mains can apply to IC's as well.

It's basically how I feel about IC's too, minus the not getting comboed and edgeguarded part, but IC's have a lot of bs that I thought was cooler before, and then upon executing I feel a lot different. No disrespect to Puff or IC's players and maybe I'm completely wrong, but whatever it's just the way I feel. It's lame.
I disagree. IC's players must have really good fundamentals in order to suceed. They are a character that gets punished, gayed, and edge guarded really hard. Without those fundamentals, the best IC's you can be is roller (no offense roller).

Soloist

Smash Ace
The Michigan PR should not be based solely on elo ratings.

Just throwing this out there:

Duck > Moose

HIV+ > Juggleguy, Dope

Velynn > All

Slayer is inactive.

Prince_Abu

Smash Lord

Playing jigglypuff correctly is a lot harder than hitting basic techskill with fox and falco. ICs is also one of the hardest characters in my opinion, there are just so many flaws to the character that can easily be abused (just go for the pink one). Ur concept of "lame" is ridiculous , theres a reason why fox and falco r the top 2 on the tier list

kd-

Smash Lord
If Ori had only saved the tio files from BAMF 1-4, I'd probably be higher... not fair!

I might just have to re-create the tio files myself by looking at the AiB results. *sigh*
Also speaking of BAMF 4, did Richard take DRDN's spot? I remember playing Richard in bracket, and not DRDN

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
lol yeah I think so

DRDN forfeited his bracket spot to protest my DQ of Lain, so I let the next highest player who didn't make it out of pools take that spot.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
No, it was a perfectly justified DQ...

Imagine if you found yourself in a situation where the entire rest of your pool has finished before you've even *started* to play your matches. Then try to argue your way out of a DQ.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
We were already running late past the schedule, and I wasn't going to give him special treatment in terms of assuming he could beat everyone while we went ahead and made the bracket. If you single-handedly cause the start of bracket to be delayed by 20 minutes or more (and that's a conservative estimate), you have no case for avoiding a DQ.

Prince_Abu

Smash Lord
actually drdn the reason ur match wasnt finished was cause u were arguing on lains behalf while i was waiting to play u for like 10 mins

Burdmayne

Smash Rookie
New Guy

Hey guys I'm in Livonia and my friend told me about this forum and I'm just looking to get back into the game, I haven't played in 3-4 years but always had fun playing.

Top Bottom