• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Michigan Ball Z-Jan 23-Waterford MI MELEE CONFIRMED

earthadept

Smash Lord
Give me a place and time, my grand am can only fit so many tho.
I'm going to have to go dust off my wii :ohwell:
Ok so... me hot arms and scotu? Can you pick up three? Place... outside of scotu's apartment maybe (sorry hot arms but that's super close to both of us lol)? Tomorrow morning??!?! Does this sound good to everyone?:confused:

Notra

Smash Ace
MAnn and sauce, I can give rides as long as someone will teams with me?

Call me if u need the ride 734 358 9617. I got 2 already in my car do if there's 4. The 5 of us can split the gas better.

Gdorfsmash

Smash Cadet
Ok so... me hot arms and scotu? Can you pick up three? Place... outside of scotu's apartment maybe (sorry hot arms but that's super close to both of us lol)? Tomorrow morning??!?! Does this sound good to everyone?:confused:
Um sure and yes I would give you a ride back, not going to leave peeps stranded if you still need a ride. outside of scotu's apartment and morning are kinda vague :chuckle:

SCOTU

Smash Hero
I'll send you a PM w/ my address later today if when things are finalized. The time is really up to you to determine how long you think it'd take you to get here, and get us there in time for the first events

earthadept

Smash Lord
yeah, gdorf for **** tier.
i dont have a tv now, but i'm gonna bring a cube w/melee and a recording device. N64 with ssb as well if there's any interest...

also a camera to properly document the ****

Boxxy

Smash Lord
BTW we NEED SET UPS FOR BOTH GAMES! Even if you can only bring a wii and a copy of the game thats 100% fine and you'll get a $2 discount from the venu fee.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Looks like it's going to be a huge tourney after all. I'll do my best to come to this. It's nearly 2 hours from where I live and I'll have to leave around 9:00. D:

I'll be bringing a TV + Melee. No Brawl. :( "It's our family's Wii, not yours." johns.

I'll bring a camera. I'm hoping to get lotsa friendlies in too. I suppose I'll play a little Melee as well, even though I suck.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
I could bring a Wii/Melee. I could bring brawl too, but for the most part, i don't trust other people using my hacked wii w/ brawl

Also, wtf is this 6th Pillar ****? Sounds like a worse version of our old crew.

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
I could bring a Wii/Melee. I could bring brawl too, but for the most part, i don't trust other people using my hacked wii w/ brawl

I can bring a wii, not a tv though. Lugging around a tv from A2 to waterford is a no no for me

Moooose

Smash Champion

sorry our number is bigger =p

@ xatic

crew battles of some sort would be ****

The Sauce Boss

Smash Ace
MAnn and sauce, I can give rides as long as someone will teams with me?

Call me if u need the ride 734 358 9617. I got 2 already in my car do if there's 4. The 5 of us can split the gas better.
That'd awesome if you could give me a ride. And yeah I'd team with you.

I'll give you a call later.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Cool $2 discount :D.

Lol anyways, I can help out with a Wii and Brawl and Melee too. I should be able to bring this stuff, unless if my parents refuse to give me my power cable (which they keep over the weekdays so that I can't play while they're at work). I'll bring Tatsunoko vs Capcom also just in case if we have time and anyone wants to mess around and have fun :).

Hmm actually now that I think of it, perhaps Doubles is more fun than Singles. At first I almost never considered Doubles, but now when I think of it, it feels more chaotic and fun than a Single. So if anyone wants a decent partner (i'm not semi-pro good, but i'm not a scrub either) then ask meh, and I may be your partner instead of using my 10$ for Singles.

And woot just asked mom and she seems ok with me going :D HURRAY I CAN'T WAIT!!! Lol.

Roller

Smash Legend
darn, I'd probably go if I could get a ride from someone heading up there from A2, otherwise I'm sol. btw, if I can get a ride I could probably bring a setup.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Apparently I have a ride to this now. I'm looking for a teammate in Melee.

Boxxy

Smash Lord
Oh forgot to mention. All the money we make off of the venu fee (after we pay it off), food and stuff is going directly to the church to help out the crisis in haiti, but we are also planning to set up a little donation box thingy to help raise some money also. So if you have a $1 to spare or something, we'd really appreciate it if you could donate to help out. Only money were giving to the church is the venu fee (after we pay it off), food and that donation box.

At this point it seems like we need some more wiis and brawl rather than melee lol

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
i just got off the phone with boxxy we will be doing a smash 64 and brawl draft crew (time permitable) and if xatic would want to run a melee crew i guess that would be cool.

Gio u know all the rules for 64 so i trust u

earthadept

Smash Lord
i just got off the phone with boxxy we will be doing a smash 64 and brawl draft crew (time permitable) and if xatic would want to run a melee crew i guess that would be cool.

Gio u know all the rules for 64 so i trust u
WHOA that sounds epic... I've never even heard of a 64 crew battle before lmao. I'll research this :psycho:

edit - I guess we could just use the standard rules:

* Generally best 2 out of 3 (using 3 out of 5 or sometimes 4 out of 7 for finals)
* Double Elimination
* 5 stock
* 10 minute time limit, if it is possible, most emulators don't have time limit
* Items are turned off
* Handicaps are off
* The first match is selected randomly excluding Yoshi's Island, Sector Z, Planet Zebes, and Mushroom Kingdom.
* Mushroom Kingdom, Sector Z, Yoshi's Island are usually banned: Mushroom Kingdom for pipe spamming/edge camping, Yoshi's Island for cloud camping and projectile camping, and Sector Z for the size and the Arwing lasers. Planet Zebes is sometimes banned as well, for the acid.

* The loser of each match picks the stage for the next match excluding the illegal stages listed above.
* If Saffron City is selected on the first round and one of the players is using Ness, he or she may request a re-pick.

* However, if the Ness player wins the match, his/her opponent may counterpick Saffron City.

* The loser cannot choose a stage on which a previous match was played (known as "Dave's stupid rule"). Due to the low number of allowed stages in this game, this is often weakened to the loser cannot choose the stage on which the last match was played.

* For the first match, characters are chosen double-blind - at the same time, so that neither player knows their opponent's character beforehand.
* Players may re-pick characters after each match. However, the loser of each match gets to pick last (known as slob picks).

These are basically the same rules as melee, with 5 stocks. For the first stage, I think it'd be more reasonable to choose random between Dreamland and Hyrule, as those are really the only semi-neutral stages, with the other legal stages as counterpicks.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Why not do stage striking for Smash64? People would probably strike down to Dreamland or Hyrule anyway.

Top Bottom