• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Michael Vick

StinkomanFan

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2724-2849-3244
I'd be happier if he was bulldog. He may as well learn how it feels to be beaten to death and furthermore! Wait, you mean the football team? I can't say I care.

Tacel

Smash Lord
Holy crap! Since when to prison guards use magic?
Well, I knew it would happen to him eventually.

Frank West

Smash Apprentice
Pretty good stuff. Philadelphia could use someone with his running ability. Though I wonder how well him and McNabb will Get along

Wrath`

Smash Master
I am pizzed that my favorite team picked him up, why A Ried?, why?

Guess I'll root for my 2nd favorite team the Titans untill Vick leaves the Eagles.

Vanill4

Smash Cadet
I thought that McNabb was already a great QB. Seemed like a waste of money.
Well they're probably gonna keep Vick as a backup, and use him in some fancy wildcat stuff. I mean, he's better than Kevin Kolb and AJ Feeley right?

But of course, with the Philly fans, they'll be calling for Vick to start if McNabb has a 2 interception game or something...

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
WilkesBarre-Scranton, PA/State College, PA
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
I'm really happy that Vick gets another chance at playing in the NFL, I honestly thought they were being a little harsh on him, but that's prolly cuz i don't have as much compassion towards animals. Either way, the Eagles will def benefit from this if McNabb has a McSuck season, because having Vick as a good backup could keep the Eagles in the mix for possibly the playoffs, and Vick is much more trustworthy as a starter than Kolb or Feely. He has much much more experience as a starter and at leading a team. If McNabb does good, the Vick himself will benefit because he'll be watching and learning from a true pro at the scrambling QB style. Then, when Vick lets his contract run out, he has the chance to go to some other team that may need him and possibly perform well. I wish Vick the best of luck with not only this season, but for (I hope) the many great seasons to come.

Celuz4259

Smash Cadet
I think that if Vick plays well than people expect than he might leave to lead another team but meanwhile he will prolly end up a backup or if mcnabb starts to struggle than they will put in vick i hope he does well

Smash Journeyman
McNabb said he can play TE, WR, RB if he had to and Vick could definately play all of those too. I can't wait untill vick gets to play to see whats gonna happen.

btw, you're an idiot if you think vick shouldnt be aloud to play in the NFL because of the whole dog thing. The man got 8 months more than he should have in the first place.

SuperStar21

Smash Apprentice
The lone star state, watching the Dallas Cowboys k
What are your thoughts on michael vick being a eagle

Personnely I follow football much more than smash bros and this is what he said on ''60 Minutes'' show a few nights ago

Michael Vick says he cried in prison because of the guilt he felt about being involved in dogfighting, and was disgusted with himself for allowing it to happen.

In an interview with "60 Minutes" that aired Sunday night, Vick said the day he walked into prison he realized "the magnitude of the decisions that I made.

"And, you know, it's no way of, you know, explaining, you know, the hurt and the guilt that I felt. And that was the reason I cried so many nights. And that put it all into perspective," he said.

A three-time Pro Bowl pick during six seasons with the Atlanta Falcons, Vick served 18 months in federal prison for running a dogfighting ring and was reinstated last month by the NFL after being out of action since 2006.

He signed with the Philadelphia Eagles on Thursday.

"I let myself down, you know, not being out on the football field, being in a prison bed, in a prison bunk, writing letters home, you know," he said. "That wasn't my life. That wasn't the way that things was supposed to be. And all because of the so-called culture that I thought was right -- that I thought it was cool. And I thought it was, you know, it was fun, and it was exciting at the time. It all led to me laying in a prison bunk by myself with no one to talk to but myself."

Vick said he blamed only himself for landing in prison and deserved to lose the $130 million contract that made him the NFL's highest paid player.

"I was disgusted, you know, because of what I let happen to those animals," he said. "I could've put a stop to it. I could've walked away from it. I could've shut the whole operation down."

Vick said he initially lied about being involved in dogfighting because he realized his career was in jeopardy.

"I felt the guilt and I knew I was guilty, and I knew what I had done," he said. "And, not knowing at the time that, you know, actually telling the truth may have been better than, you know, not being honest. And it backfired on me tremendously."

Vick also admitted that his reputation as a player that didn't work hard and relied mostly on his athletic ability was warranted.

"I was lazy. You know, I was the last guy in the building, first guy out," Vick said. "I know that. You know, I hear everything that people say. And that hurt me when I heard that, but I know it was true."

This guy deserves another chance and as a Cowboys fan I hate the Eagles but I believe in second chances and I hope he gets a chance to start sometime in his career and when he does I think he will make the most of it.

sputter

Smash Rookie
Ive always hated the eagles and I used to be a huge falcons fan mainly because of Vick.
I think that the eagles didn't really need him, but its nice to see him out on the field again.
Hes a fun player to watch. Hope he hasn't lost his stuff.

Proud_Smash_N00b

Smash Ace
I do believe that he deserves a second chance. He should spend his suspension (the one that lasts until no later than week 6) on working on the humane society since he spent so much extra time at practices. I lol'd at the crowd reaction when he made the pass to Baskett, so loud.

I can't believe this hasn't been done yet after 3 weeks

SuperStar21

Smash Apprentice
The lone star state, watching the Dallas Cowboys k
I think he has turned the leaf and he deserves another chance but I think he should be in another city. The fans will be screaming his name once Mcnabb meses up even once. I think he should have gone to Tampa where they can rely on their run game until he gets a feel and they need serios help at the QB position. Not counting denver as a good place too.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
*Vick practices dogfighting*
People: ARGH! INHUMANE PERSON!

*Ben Roethlisberger is accused of *****
People: LOL who cares

=/

Proud_Smash_N00b

Smash Ace
I think he has turned the leaf and he deserves another chance but I think he should be in another city. The fans will be screaming his name once Mcnabb meses up even once. I think he should have gone to Tampa where they can rely on their run game until he gets a feel and they need serios help at the QB position. Not counting denver as a good place too.
Last week, there actually was a small group of people who wanted Vick in after McNabb threw the pick. And I think alot of hate towards McNabb is unfair; it's not his fault that their defense couldn't stop the Cardinals last year at the NFC Championship

Corka Cola

Smash Rookie
I was already an Eagles fan, much to your regret, SS21, but I like the fact the Eagles are eaching a helping hand. Jeffrey Lurie and Andy Reid will set him straight...McNabb will still be the man though!!

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer

=/
Remember the Kobe Bryant case and Duke lacrosse players case? It's easy to understand why people approach cases of **** by celebrity with skepticism and apathy now.

wool

Smash Ace
Lol the duke lacrosse players went to my high school (its a private school so the parents started freaking out it was pretty funny tbh).

SU_Remo

Remo Knows

=/
Seriously. And Dante Stallworth drunk-drives and kills a man and he gets 28 days in prison? He's coming back to the NFL next season nd no one really cares?

I love my dog more than anything and what Vick did was horrible, but people care more about puppies than humans and it's ridiculous.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
For Dante Stallworth, the reason his prison sentence is so low is because it's agreed that even if he wasn't drunk that person would of died. The person jumped out in front of his car, the fact that he was drunk didn't have anything to do with it. However, he was still driving drunk, hence the penalties, which I agree with

Chaco

Never Logs In
Still since he was drunk it can be charged as manslaughter.

Top Bottom