• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Micaiah for Brawl *Radiant Dawn Spoilers*

Matt Silver

Smash Journeyman
In a world where there is no Sakurai. Only Link...
With Ike's moveset, I think Marth's return is now unlikely. Maybe a window for Micaiah?
What I mean is that Ike has Marth's B (Same concept as Marth and Roy's move), and Down B (Counter), and maybe Side B (By the name, I can guess it's like the same). Ike's UpB is a little like Marth's - but only slightly.

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
Fire Emblem was EASILY overlooked in terms of popularity for Brawl that's why there weren't any prophets 'predicting' any new FE characters other than Sigurd/Marth. It's a heavily underrated series so far and I doubt Ike is going to be alone(which conflicts with about 99% of the prophet lists out there)and Marth making a return is just as non-sensible as you all think.

Admit it, you guys only liked Marth because of his semi-broken moveset and overall in 1v1 in Melee. Not because of the game he is in. Even if he does return, he'll be nerfed as hell to be worse than Ike. This is all coming from a Marth/Jigglypuff user

Even if some random FE fan out there made a character appearance topic, it would immediately get lost and drown in the "OMG MEGAMAN FOR BRAWL" topics.

Let's be original in our FE representative playable characters. Micaiah for playable is a good start as the Sothe AT that was 'confirmed' in Japan gives her hope. I hate Micaiah though but her appearance won't bug me at all since I did enjoy the game she's in.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Fire Emblem was EASILY overlooked in terms of popularity for Brawl that's why there weren't any prophets 'predicting' any new FE characters other than Sigurd/Marth. It's a heavily underrated series so far and I doubt Ike is going to be alone(which conflicts with about 99% of the prophet lists out there)and Marth making a return is just as non-sensible as you all think.

Admit it, you guys only liked Marth because of his semi-broken moveset and overall in 1v1 in Melee. Not because of the game he is in. Even if he does return, he'll be nerfed as hell to be worse than Ike. This is all coming from a Marth/Jigglypuff user

Even if some random FE fan out there made a character appearance topic, it would immediately get lost and drown in the "OMG MEGAMAN FOR BRAWL" topics.

Let's be original in our FE representative playable characters. Micaiah for playable is a good start as the Sothe AT that was 'confirmed' in Japan gives her hope. I hate Micaiah though but her appearance won't bug me at all since I did enjoy the game she's in.
I completely agree that Ike wouldn't be alone as an FE rep, but removing both Marth and Roy and eliminating the unique moveset altogether makes no sense. I don't expect both to return, but a nerfed Marth is not out of the question. I semi-mained him before I even knew how broken he was (I am not a competitive player) and it was because of him that I got into the FE franchise. I have to agree with many people though, his importance to the series and still-original moveset really make him a likely candidate to return. It would take less effort to "convert" him to Brawl and give him some slight nerfs than adding a completely original character, they could easily do both though.

I made a rather pointless topic about a random FE character that managed to get 60 something posts, but in all honesty, you can't really throw many plausible Fire Emblem characters out there. What are the chances of Sakurai adding a character besides a lord? That limits the potential characters immensely.

In the end though, I agree with you on originality, and that is the only reason I would like to see Micaiah in Brawl over "just another FE sword user" since there is so much to the game other than that. Considering that Sothe is an AT, and Micaiah falls between him and Ike in terms of importance, she is definitely in the game somehow though. Why would they make Sothe an AT, but not put the more important (and more popular) character in the game at all? She at least has AT down.

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
Well guys, Bowser Jr. was apparently deconfirmed as playable in the Japanese how-to-play commercial (he was a sticker. wtf Sakurai?).

I guess I now support Paper Mario, Micaiah, and Ridley as my remaining 3. :ohwell:

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
I completely agree that Ike wouldn't be alone as an FE rep, but removing both Marth and Roy and eliminating the unique moveset altogether makes no sense. I don't expect both to return, but a nerfed Marth is not out of the question. I semi-mained him before I even knew how broken he was (I am not a competitive player) and it was because of him that I got into the FE franchise. I have to agree with many people though, his importance to the series and still-original moveset really make him a likely candidate to return. It would take less effort to "convert" him to Brawl and give him some slight nerfs than adding a completely original character, they could easily do both though.

I made a rather pointless topic about a random FE character that managed to get 60 something posts, but in all honesty, you can't really throw many plausible Fire Emblem characters out there. What are the chances of Sakurai adding a character besides a lord? That limits the potential characters immensely.

In the end though, I agree with you on originality, and that is the only reason I would like to see Micaiah in Brawl over "just another FE sword user" since there is so much to the game other than that. Considering that Sothe is an AT, and Micaiah falls between him and Ike in terms of importance, she is definitely in the game somehow though. Why would they make Sothe an AT, but not put the more important (and more popular) character in the game at all? She at least has AT down.
As I said, even with your 'pointless-yet-popular' topic as you say, it's gonna get drowned in popular character topics. That's what this forums is mainly composed of so the separate confirmed character forums was a solid idea to prevent spam from fanboy/girls.

My first topic in the Ike forum was actually a discussion on how both Marth and Roy may be endangered on their appearances for Brawl. A lot of characters in the FE series that are non-lords but are pretty popular and even attracted fanboys/girls. I.E Mia from PoR/RD and Elincia from the same titles. It all comes down to Sakurai's decision on 'advertising' the new FEs so with the FE DS in sight out there, Marth is a shoe-in on returning since the game is a remake of the first FE, right?

Patinator

Smash Champion
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! NOT PAPER MA- Wait, Ike's a Sticker too. OMG Ike deconfirmed!!!!11!

:p

C'mon, Marth has a chance. I don't play Marth; and I don't care if he's nerfed.

Way I see it, not many original FE characters exist. Although I've only played two games.

So... Yeah... FE may get stuck with three swordsmen/women, or maybe not.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
As I said, even with your 'pointless-yet-popular' topic as you say, it's gonna get drowned in popular character topics. That's what this forums is mainly composed of so the separate confirmed character forums was a solid idea to prevent spam from fanboy/girls.

My first topic in the Ike forum was actually a discussion on how both Marth and Roy may be endangered on their appearances for Brawl. A lot of characters in the FE series that are non-lords but are pretty popular and even attracted fanboys/girls. I.E Mia from PoR/RD and Elincia from the same titles. It all comes down to Sakurai's decision on 'advertising' the new FEs so with the FE DS in sight out there, Marth is a shoe-in on returning since the game is a remake of the first FE, right?
And Marth being in the most popular FE game ever, being the most reoccuring lord, being a smash vetren, having an anime, having two remakes, and having a bazillion fans from melee (and no, it's not all due to his brokeness. Lots of people actually like swift swordsmen you know) Saying we only liked him because he was broken is pure ignorance. This DS remake has brought even more attention than the announcement of RD last year, and is being held with just as much regard. Everyone is looking foward to playing "Marth's Game" and I'd gladly trade both PoR and RD just to play book 1. And no, not one of those characters you listed are more popular than Marth.

And to all of you saying that Marth would be "just another swordsman." How would you feel if it was Marth that was revealed and not Ike? Would you have the same opinion about Ike as you do Marth? Ike would be "just another FE swordsman" and this Micaiah topic wouldn't even be here because everyone knows she wouldn't get in over the main character of her game.

Once again I have to refute this utterly rediculous Ike and Marth are similar argument. Ike has one move in common with Marth. That would be the counter. His neutral B is not like Marth's in respect to animation or even trajectory.

They're even doing it on the same character. Ike's neutral B has a more vertical trajectory and rises from the ground. Marth's neutral B arcs over his head. The only thing they have in common is that they're chargable, and it's like comparing Mewtwo's shadow ball to Samus's charge shot. And @Matt Silver- Ike's side b is that wierd dash thing. It's nothing like the dancing blade at all.

It's not that I don't like the other FE characters. It's that I like Marth is really the most important character in FE, but people's blind biases against his status in melee causes them to try to find any kind of reasoning (even illogical ones) for him to be taken out, despite the fact that the majority of people like him. They say we only like Marth because he's good, but you can't blame us for liking a generally good character formula. We like fast swordsmen, fast swordsmen are normally good, the characters we like are normally good. It's a personal preference no different from liking a powerhouse like Gannondorf, it's just that speed really is greater than power in smash, so it becomes an issue. And besides, in case you haven't noticed, a character's popularity should be taken into account regardless of the origin of that popularity. Shiek was a very popular character in melee, and though there are a lot of people who simply like ninjas, there were definately some that only played her because she was good. However, those people still like her and that is popularity, which supports why she was brought to brawl. Shiek also had a lot less going for her regarding her actual franchise, so apparently character popularity was enough to get her in. Marth has that, plus all of the stuff I've mentioned, plus this http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=123714. Marth has a lot more fans than Shiek you know, because he's also got two FE games in Japan that everyone loved. A lot of FE fans in America have found his games too.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I didn't think this was the Marth thread...... I thought this was the Silver Hair shawdy.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
I just want to know if Micaiah is playable or not. Come one roster leak. Though if a roster leek does happen and I see the FE line-up as Marth, Ike AND Roy I think I'm going to lose some respect for the FE series.

-Knight

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
I just want to know if Micaiah is playable or not. Come one roster leak. Though if a roster leek does happen and I see the FE line-up as Marth, Ike AND Roy or Sigurd I think I'm going to lose some respect for the FE series.

-Knight
Fixed.

It shouldn't bring you're respect to the FE series, just that it will be horribly represented. Come on, 3 blue hair swordsmen?

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
That would be screwed up if Smash Bros. had nothing but those characters that rep. FE. I mean, too much metal for me.

Any more SSE idea's?

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
This is why Micaiah is a solid idea on an original FE character for Brawl, the most likely FE candidates are swordsmen and only one that isn't blue-haired and is not looking too good right now for his appearance.

I don't care how similar/not similar Ike is to Marth, we don't need the whole FE playable roster full of blue-haired swordsman from the same series.

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
Woot. I'm back. These forums weren't working for me.

The SSE is truly unpredictable. We have awkward matchups that make no sense (Ice Climbers and Meta Knight and Link and Yoshi), so I don't think any of us could guess.

hello_kitty

Smash Journeyman
I think Micaiah will step in, I noticed that some of the series in Brawl are having more representation of their recent game. Aslo what everyone else said above me, Fire Emblem only represented by playable swordusers would be a huge mistake.

hello_kitty

Smash Journeyman
They're even doing it on the same character. Ike's neutral B has a more vertical trajectory and rises from the ground. Marth's neutral B arcs over his head. The only thing they have in common is that they're chargable, and it's like comparing Mewtwo's shadow ball to Samus's charge shot. And @Matt Silver- Ike's side b is that wierd dash thing. It's nothing like the dancing blade at all.

It's not that I don't like the other FE characters. It's that I like Marth is really the most important character in FE, but people's blind biases against his status in melee causes them to try to find any kind of reasoning (even illogical ones) for him to be taken out, despite the fact that the majority of people like him. They say we only like Marth because he's good, but you can't blame us for liking a generally good character formula. We like fast swordsmen, fast swordsmen are normally good, the characters we like are normally good. It's a personal preference no different from liking a powerhouse like Gannondorf, it's just that speed really is greater than power in smash, so it becomes an issue. And besides, in case you haven't noticed, a character's popularity should be taken into account regardless of the origin of that popularity. Shiek was a very popular character in melee, and though there are a lot of people who simply like ninjas, there were definately some that only played her because she was good. However, those people still like her and that is popularity, which supports why she was brought to brawl. Shiek also had a lot less going for her regarding her actual franchise, so apparently character popularity was enough to get her in. Marth has that, plus all of the stuff I've mentioned, plus this http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=123714. Marth has a lot more fans than Shiek you know, because he's also got two FE games in Japan that everyone loved. A lot of FE fans in America have found his games too.
The downside to your argument though is that:

1: Sheik is Zelda so she doesn't really count as a separate character.
2: There's already other super fast swordsmen (Metaknight)
3: Being the first character in a franchise did not help Ninten.
4: Ike (and Elincia) are actually the most recurring lords, because the second games they appear in are not "remakes", and in that second game they appear they do more than cameo or get mentioned they actually play a role.
(personal) 5: Marth is not confirmed yet, and Sakurai did say not all of Melee's roster would return so there is still a possibility of him not returning.

Rakath

Smash Ace
hello_kitty: FE3 is NOT just a remake of FE1, it has a complete second story making it its own game. In addition FE11 is unconfirmed as to how many chapters and what games it covers. We know things were added to it. Also since Marth isn't just the first lord, he's also the next lord, he's got the Roy angle going for him.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Woot. I'm back. These forums weren't working for me.

The SSE is truly unpredictable. We have awkward matchups that make no sense (Ice Climbers and Meta Knight and Link and Yoshi), so I don't think any of us could guess.
Meh, your right. But I would still like to see her team up with Bowser. XD

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
The downside to your argument though is that:

1: Sheik is Zelda so she doesn't really count as a separate character.
2: There's already other super fast swordsmen (Metaknight)
3: Being the first character in a franchise did not help Ninten.
4: Ike (and Elincia) are actually the most recurring lords, because the second games they appear in are not "remakes", and in that second game they appear they do more than cameo or get mentioned they actually play a role.
(personal) 5: Marth is not confirmed yet, and Sakurai did say not all of Melee's roster would return so there is still a possibility of him not returning.
1. Shiek still counts as a Legend of Zelda representative, so she's still a seperate character.
2. Metaknight is nothing like Marth. In fact, people at E for all called him a semi clone of SSBM Kirby.
3. But Marth is both the first and newest lord. Not only does he still have everything he had to get in melee, but now he's also got the Roy advertisement angle, the melee vetran angle, and the unique moveset going for him. He actually has MORE reasons to be included than he had in melee.
4. FE3 has two books in it. Book 1 is a remake of FE1. Book 2 is an entirely new sequel to book one. Marth is the Lord that commands your army in both games. The characters also do not keep their stats or growth rates between book one and book two, further indicating that they are two seperate games.
5. Sakurai was most likely talking about clone characters, or character's that no longer hold any series importance. Though with Shiek getting in, I think then latter doesn't matter to him too much. There is also still a possibility of Gannondorf, Captain Falcon, and Luigi not returning, but nobody questions them. Despite the fact that Gannondorf was a Captain Falcon semi clone, Luigi was and probably will still be a Mario semi clone and is a second italian plumber, nobody doubts they will be in. The hair color arguement hasn't been used against any other character, but apparently blue hair gets the privilage of a double standard because of being different from "the norm." Blue hair is a common hair color in Japanese shows and games, so why is it suddenly an arguement to be used against Marth.

I still support Micaiah, and I know this is the Micaiah thread, but I can't stand to see these almost completely ******** arguements used against my favorite character over and over again. If you don't want him in because you don't like him, just say so, but don't use these rehashed arguements that have be revoked time and time again.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
What does Marth has anything to do with the Silver-Hair Maiden? Come on, all Marth related discussions goes to the Marth Topic.

Back on topic: ... How about Ganon for her SSE partner? lol

Marthgreil

Smash Journeyman
Meh, your right. But I would still like to see her team up with Bowser. XD
I think Bowser might be bad. Or he is paired with DK.

Anyway, thanks to the delay we need to wait 2 more weeks for the japenese release. So, our heronine's fate is still unknown.

hello_kitty

Smash Journeyman
1. Shiek still counts as a Legend of Zelda representative, so she's still a seperate character.
2. Metaknight is nothing like Marth. In fact, people at E for all called him a semi clone of SSBM Kirby.
3. But Marth is both the first and newest lord. Not only does he still have everything he had to get in melee, but now he's also got the Roy advertisement angle, the melee vetran angle, and the unique moveset going for him. He actually has MORE reasons to be included than he had in melee.4. FE3 has two books in it. Book 1 is a remake of FE1. Book 2 is an entirely new sequel to book one. Marth is the Lord that commands your army in both games. The characters also do not keep their stats or growth rates between book one and book two, further indicating that they are two seperate games.
5. Sakurai was most likely talking about clone characters, or character's that no longer hold any series importance. Though with Shiek getting in, I think then latter doesn't matter to him too much. There is also still a possibility of Gannondorf, Captain Falcon, and Luigi not returning, but nobody questions them. Despite the fact that Gannondorf was a Captain Falcon semi clone, Luigi was and probably will still be a Mario semi clone and is a second italian plumber, nobody doubts they will be in. The hair color arguement hasn't been used against any other character, but apparently blue hair gets the privilage of a double standard because of being different from "the norm." Blue hair is a common hair color in Japanese shows and games, so why is it suddenly an arguement to be used against Marth.

I still support Micaiah, and I know this is the Micaiah thread, but I can't stand to see these almost completely ******** arguements used against my favorite character over and over again. If you don't want him in because you don't like him, just say so, but don't use these rehashed arguements that have be revoked time and time again.
it's not that I hate Marth it's just that I was countering his points, but to be honest I can see why Marth can't come back but I never said he wouldn't, and those points you proved are excellent...especially what I bolded.:laugh:

DQP

Smash Ace
dude micaiah should totally be in brawl. she'd be perfect! besides, we need more than ike to represent the fire emblem series, huh?

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
Again, for the curious and/or horny ones:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v462/ShatteredCrystal/TemporaryFERDMicaiah.jpg

All right, I admit it, I love the FE games and would to love to see as many FE playable characters as possible even if they're characters I dislike, including the Silver-Haired Maiden herself, but me wanting her in Brawl is something I desire for the sake of originality, magic-using characters like Zelda seem pretty fun to tinker with, IMO.

§leepy God

Smash Master
I guess I will give a shout out for Micaiah, at first I didn't care, but after I beat RD with her at full stats, then I wonder, can she be that powerful in Brawl? So I'm a Micaiah supporter now. ^_^

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
Ike in his games =/= Brawl Ike

Expect Micaiah to be the same. Just because she was 'good' in her game does not mean she will be good in Brawl.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
So the first prophet we've seen predicts Micaiah. I can't help but lawl
The only prophets that predicted Micaiah are thealmightygoat and DBGTmax9909, and they're both debunked. None of the other has her in their list... which is why I loosing faith (since in Melee, the real roster was leaked months before it came out. One of them might be the real deal).

But hey, if she does make it, she will earn the title "Leaker Buster".

Shadowplusle

Smash Journeyman
I want Micaiah in Brawl. She would be amazing. I think if one last person gets in to brawl, i hope its her. Well, her Ridley, and Jigglypuff. Anyway, her awesome light magic powers would be great.

ALso, im sure you guys have corrected this already down the line but the guy in the beginning said that sothe is related to Micaiah, they aren't related. They are far from related. Micaiah's is the older sister of Sanaki, the empress of begnion and marries Sothe. SO yeah, awesome game, awesome character.

hello_kitty

Smash Journeyman
with this update (Joshua & Myrrh stickers) I think Eirika has a better chance ;) but if I could hope for something is that both Eirika and Micaiah are playable, instead of Roy or Sigurd.

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
I want Micaiah in Brawl. She would be amazing. I think if one last person gets in to brawl, i hope its her. Well, her Ridley, and Jigglypuff. Anyway, her awesome light magic powers would be great.

ALso, im sure you guys have corrected this already down the line but the guy in the beginning said that sothe is related to Micaiah, they aren't related. They are far from related.
Micaiah's is the older sister of Sanaki, the empress of begnion and marries Sothe. SO yeah, awesome game, awesome character.

Those are nasty spoilers, I suggest you cut them or highlight them out if you don't want to spoil those interested in finishing RD.

However, Sothe being in Brawl as an AT still gives Micaiah hope as in RD, they were very rarely separated.

Top Bottom