• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo Patch "Dump"

Status
Not open for further replies.

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
Tested rob's uthrow for kill percents. Wii U wasn't updated, 3ds was, and the %'s are from fd at neutral position on 3 different characters (mario/puff/bowser)
3ds (1.06)
Mario-162
Puff- 131
Bowser- 180

Wii u {1.02}
Mario- 135
Puff- 107
Bowser- 149

Looks like the growth is very similar, only thing thats changed is the base KB. Roughly 30% more for the kill on about every character. An interesting side effect of this is Uthrow now sets up for combos at low%. Now you can get followups besides upair!
i legit think u throw connects with u smash at early percents, i dunno when it ends though

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
So Pac-Man's grab is sped up? Some pacman mains are saying that it isn't.
Are his smashes faster?
The endlag on whiff was sped up. That's all. The grab itself still takes the same amount to come out. It's extremely noticeable even without a side-by-side, the tractor beam doesn't linger there and goes back to Pac-Man faster.

@Luigi player Are you positive that Luigis Down B kills at a much higher percentage?
It was de-confirmed. Luigi Cyclone still KOs off the top. Probably wasn't being done properly.

XyRCK

Smash Rookie
NNID
XyRCK.SD
:4littlemac:Can anyone check the Jolt Haymaker? I feel it slowed and easily to stop. (Wii U)

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I won't be able to check until maybe an hour, but @Gamegenie222 said Falco's D-throw does 5% now instead of 6%. Yay... Nerf the "bad" character. :p

Dracule

Smash Cadet
NNID
BryanZamora
This thread is not 100% correct. Shulk's counter got nurfed hard and it says here Shulk is unchanged which is not right. I've been playing with Shulk since the 3DS came out so I know for sure he got nurfed. I've been testing his counter over and over and it is less active now than before. His counter was my favorite move to use and now I have noticed that it got nurfed hard. Less active frames than before.

MarkT

Smash Rookie
It seems like mario's up-tilts can be DI'd away from now? Can anyone confirm?

Flamecircle

Smash Apprentice
Also FYI: The blastzones on the 3ds are different, so I'm not sure if it'll match whatever data we're all citing.

aleckermit

Smash Cadet
NNID
aleckermit
What a mess this is... You're telling me a reputable source doesn't have two Wii U's (one updated and one not updated) to compare changes side-by-side with? There's so much misinformation floating around, it's sickening.

Nimyu

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1220-6319-0143
Tested rob's uthrow for kill percents. Wii U wasn't updated, 3ds was, and the %'s are from fd at neutral position on 3 different characters (mario/puff/bowser)
3ds (1.06)
Mario-162
Puff- 131
Bowser- 180

Wii u {1.02}
Mario- 135
Puff- 107
Bowser- 149

Looks like the growth is very similar, only thing thats changed is the base KB. Roughly 30% more for the kill on about every character. An interesting side effect of this is Uthrow now sets up for combos at low%. Now you can get followups besides upair!
I thought 3DS and Wii U had different blast zones from both left and right and top?

Dracule

Smash Cadet
NNID
BryanZamora
Also Ness' PK fire is now easier to DI out of. Can confirm. Tested it and its easier to DI out of.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
deconfirming supposed changes to villager f-smash and tree duration

This thread is not 100% correct. Shulk's counter got nurfed hard and it says here Shulk is unchanged which is not right. I've been playing with Shulk since the 3DS came out so I know for sure he got nurfed. I've been testing his counter over and over and it is less active now than before. His counter was my favorite move to use and now I have noticed that it got nurfed hard. Less active frames than before.
You're tearing me apart lisa!

Road Death Wheel

Smash Champion
NNID
Kairos-Xman
3DS FC
2406-5636-9789
What a mess this is... You're telling me a reputable source doesn't have two Wii U's (one updated and one not updated) to compare changes side-by-side with? There's so much misinformation floating around, it's sickening.
go complain on 4chan then.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
It's more of there are few reliable sources here such as Thinkaman, Indigo Jeans, and some others and other people throwing out claims along with placebo effects everywhere. Also, there's like 53 characters and that takes time to go through.

FirstaLasto

Smash Cadet
I think Kirby moves slightly faster on the ground while charging Hammer, but its difficult to tell for sure.

TearNine

Smash Rookie
Holding Up/Down with the stick and and trying to do a smash in that direction with the C stick no longer does a tilt.

heroponrikidavid

Smash Rookie
Wii Fit Trainer getting nerfed slightly with no buffs is the most baffling thing about this patch. I wonder if maybe they have records of the most frequently used moves for each character and realized uair was being used too much, then made the erroneous assumption that uair was too good rather than her other moves being terrible.

DairunCates

Smash Journeyman
Wii Fit Trainer getting nerfed slightly with no buffs is the most baffling thing about this patch. I wonder if maybe they have records of the most frequently used moves for each character and realized uair was being used too much, then made the erroneous assumption that uair was too good rather than her other moves being terrible.
It happened last patch too. Her air dodge lag was nearly doubled and the foot hitbox on fair had the unblockable property removed. So, I'm not TOO shocked at this point, just saddened.

Here's still hoping on the off chance we find ONE positive thing in this patch to at least break even.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
a lot of characters this patch seem to have either need neglected entirely when they shouldn't have or received nerfs to things that didn't need nerfing. i doubt they are going to respond to fan backlash and fix things when mewtwo is formally released but i wonder where they are pooling their information from that lead them to think some of these changes we what people thought were needed and if they are planning another balance/bug patch when lucas drops in june.

DaRkJaWs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sharifi_shuffle
I bet Lucas is actually an excuse to fix any of the recent changes they made in case they went too far or forgot to fix or overlooked some bugs.

Last edited:

Rikkhan

Smash Apprentice
does greninja can still do the Shadow sneak techs (infinite SS, running SS and shield SS)?

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Link's Jab 1 being nerfed the way it is is another baffling change. Sure Spin Attack is stronger, but Jab 1 was essential to Link's gameplay and now this happened......

DairunCates

Smash Journeyman
Air dodge landing lag was added to make it match the rest of the cast.

WFT's u-smash can connect on grounded opponents that aren't Yao Ming's height now, which is pretty good. Can you confirm whether or not her grab range has improved vertically?
Yeah. I know the rationale. It was still a nerf to a character that was considered weak even then.

As for the Usmash. We actually have someone with 2 copies testing these things out on the WFT board, and apparently the Usmash hitbox buff was a placebo effect going off. At the very best, it's not nearly as high of a hitbox buff as people thought. There were similar tests down for throws as well and it doesn't seem to have any changes either. Knockback doesn't seem to have been affected on any of her moves. At least currently, most of the supposed changes to her seem to be because people just didn't play much of her before.

It is, either way, still baffling that a move that kills at fairly high percentages needed a random 1% damage nerf.

Gionni

Smash Apprentice
a lot of characters this patch seem to have either need neglected entirely when they shouldn't have or received nerfs to things that didn't need nerfing. i doubt they are going to respond to fan backlash and fix things when mewtwo is formally released but i wonder where they are pooling their information from that lead them to think some of these changes we what people thought were needed and if they are planning another balance/bug patch when lucas drops in june.
At least they nerfed Diddy

Rikkhan

Smash Apprentice
well reading the greninja forums it seems that the shadow sneak techs are gone, not a direct nerf but still not nice :(

check_mate

Smash Rookie
Subtle nerf overall to ZSS.
  • Dash attack nerfed from 10% to 8%. This was one of her better approaches. Now it does less damage.
  • Ftilt buffed from 6% to 7%. Almost negligible as ftilt is unsafe on sheild and is hardly ever used when her jab is a better tool to get them off you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom