• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo Patch "Dump"

Status
Not open for further replies.

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
I'm not sure if this has been written, but Palutena's Auto-reticle now fires four projectiles and appears to have increased range.

Rynhardt

Smash Cadet
NNID
Rynhardt
3DS FC
3437-3326-8257
Mewtwo seems to be available on Wii U now. Just downloaded him.

TheZyzyva

Smash Apprentice
Ness has exactly 1 change in terms of damage values, compared to the values on smashwiki, it seems fair was buffed by 1% from 6>7%. Otherwise no changes in damage, although i noticed that Dsmash seems to have less knockback, but placebo possibly.

Plus did Ness's dthrow have the camera shaking effect before? seems more violent lol
Was already at 7%. Smash Wiki isnt that reliable.

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
Actually, the ledges ARE shaped that way now.

Also, because many recoveries are just plain *** and we don't need the characters with those recoveries sliding any further down the tier list than they already are.
So a property of the stage requires careful usage of recovery and might be slightly disadvantageous for some characters?
Gee, sounds like basically every other stage in the history of smash for certain characters.
We have stagestriking and stagebans for a reason.

(The old ledges were still way better than Melee BF ayyy)

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Someone tag me if legit Robin evidence is found.

Thank you.

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
It's not just about tournaments. They did this for everyone playing FG as well (which is a huge number) and they're dealing with latency as well.

Honestly, its not the ledges that make Lylat crap but the three tilting pieces of the stage that randomly interrupt moves.

Also, a quality of life change: going to save a replay now automatically highlights "OK" instead of "No" which just makes sense.
FG is different because that's the topic of Omega Lylat, which is perfectly fine to change(Omegas are supposed to be like FD, after all). I don't mind that change(The ledges even look more like \¯¯¯¯/ than /¯¯¯\ )

LoreLes

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LoreLes
Not sure if mentioned already but you can now retain aerial movement when using the C stick (Set to smash).

FimPhym

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0920-2129-8093
It might be hard to find actual reports of changes if people are discussing, for example, if a change to lylat's edges mean this is now a dumbed down game for casuals.

Or at least, posts about changes are way more interesting to me.

Meccs

@Meccs_
Since nobody else seems to think so, I'll drop my 'PK Fire doesn't trap well from non-close range anymore' feeling.
So Ness is the same.

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
May I ask if anybody has found/will find changes too these guys? Have to go to school so I can't play til I come back.:4greninja::4megaman::rosalina::4littlemac::4charizard::4bowserjr::4duckhunt:.

Also, I'm a lookin' good with Lucina's increased damage so far, hoping it stays that way. Also, pleeeeeease don't tell me they nerfed Sonic much more than just Bthrow.

EDIT: Forgot :4palutena:, :4falco:. amd :4robinf: too

Last edited:

Meyguhmein

Smash Rookie
NNID
Shino.Nano
3DS FC
3540-1270-5229
Anything on Shulk/Mac/Marth that got changed, guys? Here's hoping for at least some Marth buffs.

crcsmash

Smash Rookie
And what about the floating of samus ? and the lag ending the attacks? something new?

Neerb

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3308-4587-7068
Mewtwo's Shadow Ball no longer damages opponents who touch it while charging. I guess he couldn't get back everything Lucario stole from him.

Also, if the damage data from Melee Mewtwo's page on the Smash Wiki is correct, I can confirm most of his Standard attacks (not Special, not Smash) have been nerfed, at least as far as damage is concerned. However, he may have more knockback, and obviously the fact that this is a completely different physics system than Melee means those slight changes may not matter.

ThatGeoDude

Smash Rookie
NNID
GeoDude
3DS FC
5241-2073-4660
Just did some pretty long tests on Dark Pit.

There are no damage changes to any of his attacks; however, there is indeed increased knock back on his Forward Smash and his Up Smash.

Fsmash can KO Mario from the middle of FD at 115%, as opposed to 125% on the previous patch.

Up Smash can KO Mario as early as 115% now, as opposed to 123% on the previous patch.

Fighter weight differences will undoubtedly change the percentages at which DP can KO, but the increased knock back is confirmed.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I hope there's some kind of potential abuse with A+B that allows us to do them about of interactions we otherwise wouldn't, like directly out of a run.

TriTails

Smash Lord
Just did some pretty long tests on Dark Pit.

There are no damage changes to any of his attacks; however, there is indeed increased knock back on his Forward Smash and his Up Smash.

Fsmash can KO Mario from the middle of FD at 115%, as opposed to 125% on the previous patch.

Up Smash can KO Mario as early as 115% now, as opposed to 123% on the previous patch.

Fighter weight differences will undoubtedly change the percentages at which DP can KO, but the increased knock back is confirmed.
Did Pit also went through these changes?

If not...

:4darkpit:: That's for ripping off my look.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
you no longer have to constantly pick your profile name if you leave an online match. the game remembers it the next time you enter one.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
But hey, thank God for the Mii costume packs! Exactly what I was waiting for.

Lag Chan

Fastfall Nair Everyday
NNID
BlankaHondaShrek
Disappointing to see no DK buffs, still doomed to be one of the worst in the game it seems.
Most of the actual changes are good at the least.

ThatLunaticFeline

Smash Journeyman
Can I get a credible list of candidates for ending lag changes to test?

I really only want to do ones we are confident in, because they are time consuming to do right.

Kirby Inhale I can confirm already.
Can you check ROB's nair if you haven't already?

ThatGeoDude

Smash Rookie
NNID
GeoDude
3DS FC
5241-2073-4660
Luigi moves forward on Up-Smash the previous patch. I'm testing up smash right now and he is moving about the same as todays update.

Last edited:

hichimon

Smash Rookie
NNID
hichimon
i think Jigglypuff's rest got nerfed (tested it and it seems like it kills later now), plus doing the rest move spawns a flower on the opponent's head now?

Raijinken

Smash Master
When set to Smash and held? This is serious business if you're right.
When set to Smash and held. Before, pressing one direction and the other would have made me stay in the middle (cancel momentum). Tried it earlier and I maintained forward momentum. I'll test a bit more.

TriTails

Smash Lord
He moves forward on the previous patch. I'm testing up smash right now and he is moving forward as he does it on the older patch.
I don't remember him moving forward...

Wait.

I recall he moves about half Luigi after doing U-smash.

Is this what the 'he moves forward' thing?

Oh dangit. The invincible head better not be out... or he just loses an anti-air, a powerful one.

Flamecircle

Smash Apprentice
Why... would DLC characters not have custom moves, one of the few significant changes between games? That just hurts, man.

Anyway, reading the reddit patch thread... and it kinda sucks. Still, bad information seems to be getting downvoted, so that's something.

Here's something that doesn't seem like it was mentioned yet and had a relatively high amount of upvotes, so maybe it has potential to be true:
"Palutena now grabs from a character lenghts away now?? It feels like Marth from Melee and its insane"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom