• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo Casual ChatThread <3

Airo

Smash Lord
Richmond, BritishColumbia, Canada (williams+railw
again, you have to stick to the ground. going aerial is always suicide. play patiently, space carefully.

zelda's player style has lots of holes in it. She is all about creating proper spacing between you and her in order for her Fair and Bair to hit. Your goal is to quickly sneak into her little bubble where her position is too close for her fair and bair to hit. Once you are very close to her, she becomes decently harmless and you can commence with your usual ground game and combos.

Because she has no projectiles, you are free to use wavedash and dashdance as your mindgame for approaching. Also use lots of SB to mess up her spacing and timing. Try not to stand in range of her Bair/Fair, but when you do, always have yourself up. She has no way of punishing your shield.

Its rare that you would need to edgeguard her. Usually your fair or upthrow does the kill.
But when you need to edgeguard her, i would generally grab the ledge to trick her into teleporting towards the stage. Without sweetspot, her teleport should have sufficient lag for you to catch up to her and finish the kill.

Zelda is such a simple character. Her moves are strong, but requires delicate spacing. Against faster characters, she has no chance of managing her spacing properly. I dont know why mewtwo is lower tier than her >>" (dont reply to this paragraph)

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
I didn't quit anything, I only supplied the footage, I'm not the one putting the video together. Lt. Blue and Black Mamba are the ones currently working on it, I can't help it if they've been busy for 6 months.

arrowhead

Smash Ace
I didn't quit anything, I only supplied the footage, I'm not the one putting the video together. Lt. Blue and Black Mamba are the ones currently working on it, I can't help it if they've been busy for 6 months.
thats just what i heard. sorry

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
I have none of the footage with me anymore, they have it all, so maybe when I get my dvds back, or if they choose to.

dawn001

Smash Ace
are you countin your chickens before they hatch. you getting yourself into a MM and you dont even know if you will win
OH NO is not that, i know ill win all i have to do is up throw her at 80 or 90% and that kills her ..but i was just asking for advice if they were other ways of get near her thats all.

quak

Smash Champion
??? It's an honest question. I'm an aspiring voice actor. How about you?
you sound like an aspiring master of *****

while im at it, i hate everyone here, cept pdiz, lavagolem cause he plays aggro, and taj cause he's ****ing huge and im afraid of him

someone dear god flame me back, it's been sooooooo long

joshisrad

Smash Lord
You greasy little ****ing granny-**** ****-nosed ***** with ****ing ten ***** up your snatch, I hope your sugarplum *** gets pounded so ****ing hard your ***got *** future grandson feels it.

quak

Smash Champion
dude, thank god

people here are too ****ing nice

btw, the "*****" was kocks, master of kocks

how did you get around the censor? i'll tell you how to make a post less than 10 characters....

joshisrad

Smash Lord
I already know how to post less than ten characters. And how to break caps filter. Unless you know how to post < ten with just one word, and an immediately following period. Like the entire post being "hi." No spaces in between word and period. Do you?

joshisrad

Smash Lord
Bummer. Well, just quote my post to figure out how I got past the censor. font=(anything, verdana I always use) on any letter.

quak

Smash Champion
talkin about ur curse filter bypass post jonis nads

you can't make fun of my sn, it's already ridiculous

gradeschool humor, classic

ShuffleTrain

Smash Journeyman
Wasn't the inspiration for Mewtwo... Giygas from Earthbound?

Sometimes when I see Giygas...I see Mewtwo curled into a ball.

JELLYHEAD

Smash Cadet
I've recently started using mewtwo and have gotten pretty good with him... but my greatest issue with him is that he's totally hopeless against a sword. I can't manage to get near a person using marth or link when I'm playing as him because they just knock you away before you can get close enough to attack and if you dodge behind them they grab you before you can move. My siblings have noticed this dilemma and are using it against me which is frustrating because I can no longer have any fun with mewtwo.

Does anyone have any mewtwo advice for fighting against people who's attacks are all long range?

quak

Smash Champion
so i have a big tourney today wish me good luck
heh, YOU had a big tourney

the "norcal's ultimate biweely" had something like 100+ entrants with people from 3 states

lasted till 2ish i heard

...i got to leave at 11:00 :p

slave1

Smash Lord
i have mentioned this once before get close and stay close to link. that is the best way for me, you move faster than he does. marths are harder i dont have much experience with really great marths, you would need advice from quak or Airo

JELLYHEAD

Smash Cadet
for marth, basicly, once u have the skill to play decent against one, you'll know what to do
That's not particularly helpful... I watched some pro Mewtwo players fight against Marth and they have some good strategies but it's not so easy to replicate... I'd like to practice but every time I choose Mewtwo they just pick Marth. SIGH*

quak

Smash Champion
it's not helpful, but it's true

once you are able to overcome the overwhelming counter of marth, ur probably smart enough to not have to ask for advice on the matchup.

Airo

Smash Lord
Richmond, BritishColumbia, Canada (williams+railw
im afraid im gunna agree. With enough experience, you will be able to figure out the strength and weaknesses of your opponents and henceforth come out with your own solution. Since mewtwo is almost always at a disadvantage in his matchups, every match needs to be played strategicly and differently. While in cases of falco and sheik, what they usually do, works on everyone.

The strategies could go very deep for each character matchup. But on the other hand, each character could have different playing styles even at a competitive level, and so an analysis for each character matchup might not apply in all cases.

In general... "Play More" is practically the answer to anything.

Once you are experience enough with your character and able to analyse a battle by yourself, you will find that you have become capable of playing lots of other characters, simply because "mindgames" and alot of other "advance tecniques" are all transferable skills. Being able to play a wide range of characters is usually an indication of how good a player is.

with that aside

Heres my analysis against marths.
You must stick to the ground. All aerial approaches will fail because mewtwo's aerial attacks have significantly less range than marth's aerials. So while staying on the ground, you are left with wavedashes and dashdances.

Spacing is key in almost all matchups, especially this one. Your goal however is not to make him miss a move. But to make him hit your shield with bad spacing. When opportunity comes, throws or dtilt to multiple fairs are your best choices for racking up damage. With that in mind, simple strategies like running up to him and suddenly holding up your shield works well.

When you need to edgeguard. Bairs work very well when hes in a distance. When hes aiming for sweetspot, dont try to dsmash because his UpB will hit you. Instead you could use the "roll towards ledge with light sheild aiming outwards" edgeguard. (you can ask me more about this). SUNC is also hard to do because you put yourself in danger of stage spiking.

when recovering from the ledge, watch his spacing carefully to figure out your best options in evading his fsmash. Sometimes it may mean that you should teleport horizontally directly onto the stage. Sometimes it means that you should sweetspot first then act accordingly. From grabing the ledge, dont do rising ledgehop aerials because you will always get fsmashed.

Upthrow is usually a good kill at around 120% on FD. If you are playing on a stage with platforms, try and stick to the ground.

And again, marth IS top tier, so if you loose, dont go too hard on yourself. Meanwhile, what is stated above probably are your best options.

Await taj for a more experienced answer.

Top Bottom