• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo Casual ChatThread <3

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
if this thread gets more posts then the one in the Roy boards then I will have to break out the list of johns. let's see here...

1) all you do is worship Taj. I can't blame you though, since there's not much about Mewtwo to talk about...

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
john #2

2) this thread wouldn't be nearly as big if it weren't for the two posts I made.

P.S. we don't neglect NEO, but he quit and now he flames anyone who asks for advice.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Yeah, we have a ninja who steals cookies.
and you have fivethousandonehundredfifty.

slave1

Smash Lord
TAJ directed to you only. i have a friend who thinks you are a fake with mewtwo. he thinks you can only play marth. he thinks he can own you with his IC's. i need you to come up here or at least yell at him.

PS-he is on utahs power ranking as fallen prophet. but his account name is billythegoat.

you should put the smack down on him.

quak

Smash Champion
yes they are Quak if you want my x box live account i can play wit you in halo

i am LDS (morman)
i don't have an xbox... but one of my crewmates do, he's really good at halo 2 and 3, but stopped playing cause he couldn't find a good team

i'll get back to you with his tag

quak

Smash Champion
idea, fastfall off or through a platform to reverse shadowball charge

and

reverse shadowball charge to double jump fair/combo in the air

i've made both of these work for me, both look intensely intimidating

*technical mewtwo skilletz*

might make a video if i have time

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
ohkay how about shadowball charge, shield cancel, platform shield drop, sb charge some more... i like it

aerial sb charge comboes are always fun, i've tried insDJCfair into sb charge, the cancel > fair thing sounds uber cool 2

and guitar hero is also great.

quak

Smash Champion
no no, you run off the platform, then immediatly fastfall into a reverse shadowball charge

basicly it just looks like an instant setup, i'll post a vid on shadowball tricks i know

DarkDisco

Smash Cadet
NNID
n8RhymesWith
3DS FC
2707-1751-6632
Hey, M2-casual, I like where this thread is going. I've been studying my M2 under the yoututelage of Taj's Shadowclaw technique. I really enjoy those, Taj. I'm not completely caught up with this thread, still in the august 9 pokemon skills discussion area... Anyways, I've always used M2 a bit, but didn't realize the depth that he could be played at until watching Taj's work. My friends are starting to look at M2 with more trepidation now! The first time I edge-confusioned one of them through Battlefield to their doom they were shocked and appalled ^_^. I have been enjoying these new reactions to M2 very much and wonder how your opponents react to decent M2 stunts.

slave1

Smash Lord
funny story, a couple weeks ago we had a small smash fest with some of the kids around the salt lake valley(it is a valley) so we were playing on battle field and i went to teleport onto the edge when i accidentally pushed over b. i was really close to the edge and the falco i was playing was comming strait down on me. he got cought in it and i pulled him through the floor. his head almost exploded. but that only occures with down b :) and he died i was so happy.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
shadow ball stuff is too good.

you can't shffl to uptilt against computers. you can shffl nair into anything against anything that's not a computer. :(

Airo

Smash Lord
Richmond, BritishColumbia, Canada (williams+railw
hmm... need more spacing

to be picky

the situations where you should use dtilt and situations where you should grab are quite similar. but its best to be able to distinquish between them. in general, grab should only be used when your opponent has sufficient delay. in other situations, dtilt is faster than grabs and therefor dtilt should be used in place.
it is also dependant on your opponents percentage, and knowing which connects better into other combos.

more movement would be useful

also, dtilt --> fair --> uair is a nice and useful combo for racking up damage. could use more

its best that you not approach using aerials because they have tiny range. mewtwo tends to get shield grabbed very easily.

rolls are usually cosly. only roll when its the lesser of two evils. its not common that you would need to roll.

bair is useful, but good spacing is required.

dont forget to use upthrow combos against fast fallers, they bring you along way. usually one or two upthrow combos are enough for racking up damage. then all you need is a backthrow and proper edgeguarding.

keep up the work

MetaKnight0

Smash Lord
I'll watch tomorrow???

For now basic advices
-long range down tilt is good
-dash dance and wavedash to bait attacks better
-try powershielding
-deep wavedashing is essential
-come up with your own tricks

dawn001

Smash Ace
what are some of the best way to play character with projectiles like link, young link,peach,dr,mario,mario,and the one and only samus? *hates samus* but yeah any advice?

slave1

Smash Lord
not sure about the feeds like dr mario, and mario, i dont play them very much. but most docter marios use their cape. but you can move under their pills wave dashing, mario is more of a trouble a hole lot of dash dancing and teleporting to get close.

Link, from what i have found, stay in thier face. you move faster than he does so keep him off balance at all times, because once he has you at a distance he can pin you down with so many flying things.

peach forces you close to her, than she usually uses a down smash wich means death to all. but a spaming peach is very dangerous. try to stop each one of those things. because their is the possibility for the death head. use alot of shadow balls, hit her up close and grab( i play an amazing peach on a regular basis so i deal with all of those things you face)

and i should have rendered my footage on a higher quality becuase they looked good on the computer but suck on the internet

dawn001

Smash Ace
not sure about the feeds like dr mario, and mario, i dont play them very much. but most docter marios use their cape. but you can move under their pills wave dashing, mario is more of a trouble a hole lot of dash dancing and teleporting to get close.

Link, from what i have found, stay in thier face. you move faster than he does so keep him off balance at all times, because once he has you at a distance he can pin you down with so many flying things.

peach forces you close to her, than she usually uses a down smash wich means death to all. but a spaming peach is very dangerous. try to stop each one of those things. because their is the possibility for the death head. use alot of shadow balls, hit her up close and grab( i play an amazing peach on a regular basis so i deal with all of those things you face)

and i should have rendered my footage on a higher quality becuase they looked good on the computer but suck on the internet

ok thanks ill see what i can do... what about telepoting for a edgehog how is it done i mean i know how to but it never comes out..any advice.

Airo

Smash Lord
Richmond, BritishColumbia, Canada (williams+railw
Against mario and doc, your nair eats right through them nicely. Because of this, when mario/doc is on a platform and you are under, its almost always safe to jump up and nair right at them. They dont have a huge tendancy to spam projectiles though, pills and fireballs are just not fast enough for them to spam safely. Keep in mind that Mario and Doc have pretty good aerial control, meaning that its hard to shield grab good mario and docs simply cause they dont have trouble DI ing through and Fsmashing you from behind. For most of the time, instead of shield grabbing, go for a shorthop nair out of your shield, which also covers your back. Edgeguarding against them is also a bit different.... Edgeguarding the sweetspot wont work so forget about dsmash and dtilt (asuming your opponent is good at sweetspoting). Mindgame and SUNC works very very nicely. If they are far enough off the stage, its also generally a safe idea to jump out and bair them.

Against other projectilist. Always stick to the ground (with minor exceptions). Do not be tempted to resort to aerial appraoch, it just doesnt work. while on the ground, shield and wavedash out of those to approach. Remember that they only use projectiles if you are a safe distance away from them. Once you get close to them, they will use much less projectiles. If they want to create space between you to commence with more projectiles, chase them. Once you are nice and close, approach by ground as you would with other characters (dtilt.. grabs..). Spacing is key.

Ground mindgames with wavedash and dashdance are ONLY useful against characters with aerial approaches and no projectile. wavedashing around when against a projectilist will provide them the proper distance they need to safely spam even more projectiles. This is the most common mistake made by mewtwos. Your mindgame is no longer in creating unpredictable movement, but in standing in a position of good spacing and observing carefully to anticipate their movement.

i dont see your trouble in learning SUNC, please elaborate on that.

dawn001

Smash Ace
Against mario and doc, your nair eats right through them nicely. Because of this, when mario/doc is on a platform and you are under, its almost always safe to jump up and nair right at them. They dont have a huge tendancy to spam projectiles though, pills and fireballs are just not fast enough for them to spam safely. Keep in mind that Mario and Doc have pretty good aerial control, meaning that its hard to shield grab good mario and docs simply cause they dont have trouble DI ing through and Fsmashing you from behind. For most of the time, instead of shield grabbing, go for a shorthop nair out of your shield, which also covers your back. Edgeguarding against them is also a bit different.... Edgeguarding the sweetspot wont work so forget about dsmash and dtilt (asuming your opponent is good at sweetspoting). Mindgame and SUNC works very very nicely. If they are far enough off the stage, its also generally a safe idea to jump out and bair them.

Against other projectilist. Always stick to the ground (with minor exceptions). Do not be tempted to resort to aerial appraoch, it just doesnt work. while on the ground, shield and wavedash out of those to approach. Remember that they only use projectiles if you are a safe distance away from them. Once you get close to them, they will use much less projectiles. If they want to create space between you to commence with more projectiles, chase them. Once you are nice and close, approach by ground as you would with other characters (dtilt.. grabs..). Spacing is key.

Ground mindgames with wavedash and dashdance are ONLY useful against characters with aerial approaches and no projectile. wavedashing around when against a projectilist will provide them the proper distance they need to safely spam even more projectiles. This is the most common mistake made by mewtwos. Your mindgame is no longer in creating unpredictable movement, but in standing in a position of good spacing and observing carefully to anticipate their movement.

i dont see your trouble in learning SUNC, please elaborate on that.
ok thanks that does help..

Top Bottom