• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo Casual ChatThread <3

quak

Smash Champion
wait what? i was just asking why he said i tied with gimpy, i totally don't in any way shape or form. And i can't really hold my own against him, he's got a really good bowser and he read me.

MetaKnight0

Smash Lord
PEOPLE WHAT IS BASIC BUILD FOR MUTALING

Sorry but all I ever do is lurkerling and that is kind of a dead-end against other Zerg

On-topic: When Brawl comes out all of us will swear our allegiance to Mewtwo

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
its not alot of extra effort to just stick mewtwo into brawl no?

Well, it has been confirmed that the whole cast from Melee won't make it to Brawl, some will be removed.

I would imagine that the least popular characters will be removed. I haven't seen many Mewtwo lovers, even among casual players...so >.>

MetaKnight0

Smash Lord
Mewtwo has too much storyline potential in Subspace Emissary. He's a prime villian/anti-hero, whether he is popular or not.

Besides he kicks more *** then anyone else. Including Lucas.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Never realized how fun of a character Mewtwo was till now =P
He's also just plain adorable ;)

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
I don't know, I checked out the SCC ranks and apparently gimpyfish and quak both got 74th or something...

The Enemy

Smash Apprentice
I have a question for all the Mewtwo mains. I just recently started playing smash and the only character I use is Mewtwo. I feel like I'm progressing nicely but there have been many times when I feel like I have played better than my opponent and still lost. I'm thinking about picking up Marth as an alternate since he's the character I have the toughest time fighting, but I'm worried that spending time with another character will slow my progress with Mewtwo. Should I just keep it up with only using Mewtwo out of the fear that getting to know how to play with higher tier characters is going to hurt my overall skill????? ---O and sorry for not just getting to the question.... I'm a noob LOL----

dguy6789

Smash Lord
The question you ask has a very complicated answer. There is a time when one should pick up other characters to improve their overall knowledge of the game. However, prior to that, when one is new to the game, it is best to get as much experience with your primary character as possible. Your M2 will never be decent if you don't feel completely comfortable using him. If you constantly do the wrong moves or misjudge distances, your M2 will never be able to hold his own.

My recommendation is to play just M2 until you are reasonably satisfied with your control over his basic movements. Then try getting decent with some of the other characters; get an idea of how they play.

Even if you know everything about the game, you won't win a match if you can't control your main character worth anything. If you have flawless control of your character, you still won't win a match unless you have an idea of what to do at different times. Both ideas build off of each other.

quak

Smash Champion
my answer, though probably less right, is very simple

do what you gotta do to have fun with the game

(yes, winning is more fun that losing usually)

MetaKnight0

Smash Lord
Some people can only play one or two characters, period. Some people know how to play and pick up several characters, but can only REALLY play one or two. Some people are pretty skilled with playing over half the cast and can have 5 or 6 dependable characters to play. It all depends on your playstyle, how experienced you are, and how general and deep your knowledge is.

My recommendation would be to take a look at every single character closely (not necessarily playtest them, just find out how they are meant to be played) and see whose style you like. Stick with 2 or 3 plus Mewtwo, and if it divides your concentration, drop the 2 you're worst with. Sticking with a few characters in the beginning helps you improve fairly well while keeping the game itself fresh.

Just keep in mind that Mewtwo requires a lot of dedication.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
I have a question for all the Mewtwo mains. I just recently started playing smash and the only character I use is Mewtwo. I feel like I'm progressing nicely but there have been many times when I feel like I have played better than my opponent and still lost.
That's how it is for most low tier mains. You can be very good with a low tier character and play better than your opponent, however lose simply because you are using the lesser character. I often play a Sheik player with little competitive experience, however our Mewtwo vs Sheik matches are usually close while our Falco vs Sheik matches end with him being 3 stocked.
I'm thinking about picking up Marth as an alternate since he's the character I have the toughest time fighting, but I'm worried that spending time with another character will slow my progress with Mewtwo. Should I just keep it up with only using Mewtwo out of the fear that getting to know how to play with higher tier characters is going to hurt my overall skill????? ---O and sorry for not just getting to the question.... I'm a noob LOL----
I say...GO FOR IT!
Picking up a higher tier character and getting good with him/her should actually improve your lesser characters. I mean, Marth is a character that requires good knowledge of the game (mindgames, spacing, etc.). Playing him will help you develop a better undestanding of the game and you can transfer your skill from him to your low tier.
Also, take into account our top players. People like Mew2king, KoreanDJ, PC Chris, etc. are amazing with low tier characters, but that's after they got amazing with top tier characters and transfered their skill/knowledge.

Dan2

Smash Apprentice
HAHAHA, quak only needs 3 more posts...

I find that my mewtwo and my marth often share a number of skills, so I work with both of them...

Each person has a different learning style, you need to find what works best for you.

The Enemy

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the advice fellas. I get alot of my playing style from reading the mewtwo threads so I appreciate you all for helping me out.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Playing Fox helps out a lot in technicalities in smash.

Also, I've been working on doing a wavelanded ledge wall jump. >.>

slave1

Smash Lord
keep with the mewtwo man. i main him second samus. but i have the most fun playing as mewtwo. there is no better feeling than getting two shadow claws off even before you and the oponent even hit the ground.

quak i just resently saw one of your videos, quite inpressive. i love to see a mewtwo just pawn a captain falcon :D

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Yay, today is going to be the first time I use Mewtwo in tourney! *I picked him up only a week ago.*

Wish me luck :love:

Zjiin

Smash Master
Yay, today is going to be the first time I use Mewtwo in tourney! *I picked him up only a week ago.*

Wish me luck :love:
Hey me and Eddie are gonna come down and visit Cunning for some smash soon, and since you're down there we should get in some mewtwo dittos lol.

[EDIT] clearification, i just picked up mewtwo last week as well, but i can give eddie some trouble.

lavagolem123

Smash Journeyman
Well, you could record on a digital camera and then edit in Windows Movie Maker(assuming you have Windows XP). If you're recording directly from the TV/VCR you'll need input and output slots, 1 set of yellow/white/red(optional) for each.

omg I actually posted something. Sorry for the long absence, school sucks.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Hey me and Eddie are gonna come down and visit Cunning for some smash soon, and since you're down there we should get in some mewtwo dittos lol.

[EDIT] clearification, i just picked up mewtwo last week as well, but i can give eddie some trouble.
Nice, I think Cunning said something about Eddie coming down one of these days.

Mewtwo dittos sound pretty sexy.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
ew lol

I was doing [with fox or falco] from the ledge, I drop, jump, wall jump, then immediately waveland onto the stage... it's pretty useless lol

slave1

Smash Lord
Quote:
Well, you could record on a digital camera and then edit in Windows Movie Maker(assuming you have Windows XP). If you're recording directly from the TV/VCR you'll need input and output slots, 1 set of yellow/white/red(optional) for each

do i need a special program to go along with it?

lavagolem123

Smash Journeyman
As far as I know, that depends really. Some cameras use special programs that need to be on your computer, some don't. My advice would be to find a decent digital camera and use that to record from a VCR or if need be, by hand. Transfer the vids from your computer via Memory Card/Stick or by USB, import into Movie Maker and resize.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Well, I think you can set up "direct feed" by a dvd disc in a dvd player while connecting the Cube/Wii to the DVD player and that to the TV, and record that.

MetaKnight0

Smash Lord
No I think taj's Mewtwo signatures own yours. Specifically the TCG Mewtwo sig with Masterball as weakness. That **** made my snort milk out of my nose.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Yeah, Taj's definately has the best sig. I think my Mew2 since>yours as well metallic shadow.

Top Bottom