• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo Casual ChatThread <3

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
I swim + basketball
haven't played bball in a while, i'm pretty bad rite now. x.x

heheh.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Maybe talk about a board I go to that is in my sig :o (this is a small mention plz mods x.x)

In other news, I've been listening to Pink Floyd. They're really good :)
Mostly concerts and stuff. Apparently there is this flying bed. ???

quak

Smash Champion
hey i might regret asking this, but does anyone have a good solid song offa the top of their head for a combo vid?

I'd like something that's either rap, or hard rock/metal

And something where some cool editing/syncing could be done to make it look awesome.

Cause right now, the songs that im looking at are Coma-Stone Temple Pilots and Pain Redefined-Disturbed, and i dunno, i'd just like something better.

(killing two birds with one stone by also mini-reviving this thread)

quak

Smash Champion
bro, never liked 50 much, youre not alone

and yeah, im lucky for being in norcal, tons of ppl here, just none in my small town though

in fact im headed to a tourney right now, wish me luck

and IN YER FACE SUHN! :grin:

Illos

Smash Apprentice
^Some people don't like his voice, but try 2000 B.C. by Canibus.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Stronger - Kanye West (ft. Daft Punk)

I believe only Phanna used it, and only like 40 seconds of it. :)

quak

Smash Champion
heh, i should have some 1v1 matches up soonish, but as for the combo vid itself, it won't be out for awhile

Dan2

Smash Apprentice
I really look forward to seeing your new combo vid Quak. (I'm also still waiting for Taj's ~_~)
I should really post more in these boards...
I main mewtwo down here in South Carolina, and while I still suck, he does better against most of the "good" people I fight than my other, high tier character: marth.

Hopefully, I'll be able to make it to some tourneys soon, else I may never improve.

Also, IMO, you should use heavy metal over rap for your vid quak. (I just don't like much rap)
but, that's my opinion.

Pasqual

Smash Journeyman
Quak, go by what you like and not what people want to hear in the video. They can always turn down the volume.

Depending on the vid length, you could use more than one song although doing one rap and one rock song may be a bit disconcerting. Some good hip-hop that won't alienate too many people who don't like the genre might be something by Busdriver or MF Doom. There's a ton of rock that you could use, it's hard for me to pick something off the top of my head. If you want to talk a little more in-depth (I'm a bit of a music nerd, if you couldn't tell) feel free to PM me and I'll give you my aim or something.

Dan2

Smash Apprentice
Rock is very appropriately named, for it rocks.
Pasqual has the right idea. People will watch your video no matter what music is playing, (although that may affect how many times they watch it).
If you use the music that you like, then you really don't have to take any grief over it, because it was your choice.
On another note, (and one of optimism for me) I recently got back from a smash grouping where we were all just playing around in 1v1s. I'm proud to say that my Mewtwo managed to best everyone at least once.
Some of them were much better than others (I wasn't the best there...), but it was a lot of fun.

Do you happen to have an approximate "release date" for your vid, Quak?

quak

Smash Champion
not at all

but so that way you guys can what my m2 looks like, i'll promise to post some vids this sunday, as im hosting a "quakfest" tomarrow, and should get some good matches

Airo

Smash Lord
Richmond, BritishColumbia, Canada (williams+railw
hehe ... i was smashing yesterday, and i think im really improving =]
the timing and judgements are getting better. learned to pause and hold the smashes if i know they are going to spot dodge, then bam <3

em i have trouble techchasing the captain falcon when he techs away from me, also have some problem techchasing ganon.

just a diary reflection.

i also found that yoshi story stage isnt thaaat bad for mewtwo. to the least, bthrow sets up for edgeguard at very low percentages.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
HAHAHA I thought you said you learned how to use pause.

x.x

like in a competitive way

quak

Smash Champion
eh, i might post vids tomarrow, but i didn't do any recording today cause i was too lazy

but i got some old vids you guys can look at

up for it?

SrL04

Smash Apprentice
1. Dash (doesn't matter how long)
2. Shield
3. Grab right after shield

Result? A running grab without Mewtwo moving forward...don't know any uses for it...yet...

Dan2

Smash Apprentice
1. Dash (doesn't matter how long)
2. Shield
3. Grab right after shield

Result? A running grab without Mewtwo moving forward...don't know any uses for it...yet...
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this has already been discovered I'm pretty sure.
IIRC Quak named it the "grunt grab".
You can also do it by pressing A right before you grab.
Most people tend to prefer the JCgrab, but I've heard of some people using the other one to decent effect.

SrL04

Smash Apprentice
Never knew that, but that's cool--
Well jc grab still makes you move forward though-

So anyways...how do you approach a Marth? I've tried a lot of stuff like SBC and teleporting in there and the wavedash d-tilt but Marth can figure it out and with his godly range... Is it best just to sit back and let him get to you?

Dan2

Smash Apprentice
Never knew that, but that's cool--
Well jc grab still makes you move forward though-

So anyways...how do you approach a Marth? I've tried a lot of stuff like SBC and teleporting in there and the wavedash d-tilt but Marth can figure it out and with his godly range... Is it best just to sit back and let him get to you?
You approach him with shiek...

To be honest, I don't really know. I don't think there is a guranteed way to safely approach him. Marth is the quintessential Mewtwo counter. The only way I have found to get inside where I can do some damage, is moving in after a laggy attack.
There is also a chance that you can sneak in a dtilt or ftilt, because they have some nice range... But in general, you just have to "read" the marth you're playing, and force him to make a mistake before you make your way inside.

Best of luck with the marth though...

SrL04

Smash Apprentice
Haha yeah my Shiek always beats his Marth but I want like a serious Mewtwo that can play against any character. I think I'll just sit back and let Marth approach me and maybe I could do some WD back or shield grab or something-

Airo

Smash Lord
marth has no laggy attacks. very fast double fairs, very fast uairs, etc.

marth is a major counter against mewtwo.

mewtwo doesnt do too terribly in larger tournaments, as long as most people dont know how to play against mewtwo, mewtwo will have some advantage.
but once the marth figures out some basic patterns, theres not much mewtwo can do. mewtwo is outranged, outsped, out prioritized.

at low percentages, you could crouch cancel to dtilts to fairs. but this only works if the marth doesnt have good DI.

nair is a great friend, but you can only use it once in a while. nair has terrible range, fair will rip right through you.

your best bet is to manage spacing so that occasionally, you could land some shield grabs.

when marth is off the edge, mewtwo is decent with edgeguarding with his bair.
but still take caution.

shadowball isnt much useful in this matchup, it might even open you up to punishments.

Dan2

Smash Apprentice
One more thing you really have to watch out for with marth is his grab game.
He has a longer grab range than you do, and a LOT of options to **** you with, should he get you in a grab.
Once again, correct me if I'm wrong, but you need to DI away in nearly all of his throws, or he's just going to smash you. Even then, he'll still hit you sometimes.
~_~ What a blatant counter character...

SrL04

Smash Apprentice
Hmm okay just need some good spacing...but now here's where things get even more difficult...

How the crap is Mewtwo supposed to get back on the stage from grabbing the ledge? You roll and Marth determines distance and smashes you- You can do the ledge jump and teleport but he smashes or grabs you >< Should I just do the Taj loop thing and after he does a smash get back on the stage?

Airo

Smash Lord
u have several options

roll, getup attack, airdodge up, ledgehop waveland, ledgehop teleport

use those in variations. theres always an option that is safe. the marth cant guard against all of those options.

when recovering, u dont always have to sweetspot to the ledge, usually teleporting onto the stage is relatively safe as long as ur teleport lag is canceled by ur landing.

other times, use airdodge to dodge an attack and land safely.
the main key is prediction and 'variation'

tajs ledge game has its mindgame values but mindgame has its limits, and you can also mindgame perfectly without using it.

quak

Smash Champion
main thing, do **** that they don't see coming

airo, you forgot one, ledgehop airdodge/triangle jump. :p

SrL04

Smash Apprentice
What would be good combos to use against a Marth besides the d-tilt to any other thing? Whenever I try to do a combo (that's not d-tilt to something else), Marth counters (sometimes though, so it's unpredictable...)

Airo

Smash Lord
mewtwo doesnt have alot of combo starters OR combos. especially against floaties. most of your damage should be from the typical nairs, fairs, uairs, dtilts, and grab+throws.

take note that upthrow and bthrow does the most damage. dthrow doesnt do alot and neither would u be able to techchase marth do to his light weight. alternate between bthrow and upthrow.

Top Bottom