• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo Casual ChatThread <3

quak

Smash Champion
for me, i can combo them well, but i just can't get in ever

i know they can get out of it, but they rarely do

main starter for me is: d-tilt at close range, u tilt, up air, then improvise after that using more aerials and platforms

quak

Smash Champion
debateable, but i'd probably say Fod, mainly because approachal isn't that hard on that stage, also because im really good with the platforms on Fod with m2's fair/DJC fair

(basicly, you DJC fair perfectly onto a lowered platform, then press down to go through the platform and immediatly fair again. It take practice)

Airo

Smash Lord
Richmond, BritishColumbia, Canada (williams+railw
i would honestly say FD

mewtwo is extremely vulnerable on platforms.
marth utilts KO mewtwo/ rack up sick damage.
when ur on a platform, your also setting urself up for fair combos.

u basicly want to be sticking next to the ground when against marth.

instant DJC fairs out of grabs occasionally give u reach to hit the marth between his fair approaches.
at low percentages, 1 fair = 2 more fairs.

PuppetMaster12

Smash Cadet
Hey everyone. Does anyone know any good setups in general and/or good setups after knockdown with Mewtwo? I just like Mewtwo because he's lord of the Pokemon and I sort of use him in smash. Well, I hope to hear from some of ya'll. Peace and until then keep gamin.

quak

Smash Champion
what do you mean by "knockdown"? you mean when ur opponent is flailing on the ground? either try to hit him before that happens or use d-tilt to pop him back up. Careful though, if you wait too long he can get away, or he can use his get up attack. So either chase his roll or shield grab.

SrL04

Smash Apprentice
debateable, but i'd probably say Fod, mainly because approachal isn't that hard on that stage, also because im really good with the platforms on Fod with m2's fair/DJC fair

(basicly, you DJC fair perfectly onto a lowered platform, then press down to go through the platform and immediatly fair again. It take practice)
What would be the point of going down the platform, when you could just do another DJC fair? Or you could just do a full jump then two F airs so either way...

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
DJC fair platform land > fall through platform Fair is faster and easier than just a bunch of djc fairs

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Alright, so I decided to main mewtwo, he was a playful char for me, and my friends said hes better then my main. So what are effective methods for Gannon, Samus (especially), and Sheik. I have the spaceys matchup goin well, up throw to fair or confusion with a wd grab works for me on them, along iwth other stuff. Anywho,, plz help ^.^

Dan2

Smash Apprentice
Alright, so I decided to main mewtwo, he was a playful char for me, and my friends said hes better then my main. So what are effective methods for Gannon, Samus (especially), and Sheik. I have the spaceys matchup goin well, up throw to fair or confusion with a wd grab works for me on them, along iwth other stuff. Anywho,, plz help ^.^
Hey,
It's good to see that someone else has picked up Mewtwo (and for similar reasons as me!). Most of the answers to your questions can be found in other threads. We're not terribly strict about it here, just because there isn't enough traffic for repeats to slow us down or bury information, but it's always a good idea to search some of the threads first.

That being said, against Ganon, you're going to have a difficult time if he's shffling fairs. Use baby shadowballs to interupt and damage, but ONLY if he's too far away to punish you.
Like most battles this one is going to be generally difficult. Your general strategy against heavy characters, is to wavedash in with a down tilt or forward tilt. dtilt and ftilt have good range but Mewtwo's tail is part of his hitbox. If you get in close, use DJC fairs and start comboing him.
Check this thread about Ganon

Against Samus, you have to find a way to get past the missile spam she has. If you can powershield, it will be put to good use here.
Another option is to wavedash out of shield to close in, and a third option is to teleport close (but not too close) between missile shots.
Once you get past the missiles, there are a number of combos you can use, and most of them are covered if you read this thread about Samus

I don't play enough good shieks to actually be of much use in this area, but if you look at this thread, it has some info about avoiding shiek's deadly throws -> ftilts.
This is a great guide by Quak. It has some strategies for fighitng shieks.
This thread is what Taj had to say on the matchup.

I hope this helps out, and I hope i didn't sound too critical in the beginning...
Good luck with Mewtwo dude, maybe we could have a ditto sometime...

MetaKnight0

Smash Lord
Is it better to pylon at 7 or pylon at 8? What is build for triple hatchery?

Also for Ganon you want to do a lot of baiting his moves. It's basically a match of attrition, and Ganondorf has the advantage by a lot. Learn how to DI all of Ganon's important moves (Forward Air, Down Air, Up Air, Jab) such that you can extend your life by 30-40%.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Dan your the man, Im going to a tourney today, I'll post results with the new tricks ^.^ And sorry for not searching, I was being a n00b for a momet

Dan2

Smash Apprentice
Dan your the man, Im going to a tourney today, I'll post results with the new tricks ^.^ And sorry for not searching, I was being a n00b for a momet
Don't feel bad. I'm glad those could help. The only reason I mentioned searching is because it is in the stickied "read before you post" thread. It was supposed to be a reminder, but it came out badly... sry.

Another thing that can really help you out (especially if you have little competition like me) is watching the videos in the Mewtwo Movie Compendiums
#2 (more recent)
I hope these can help as well!

Don't be afraid to ask questions here, after all, this is the Casual Chat Thread... ^_^

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
I'll go ahead and watch the videos ^.^ Also, I took second, and 7734 (local player) can't beat my m2 with his samus very easily anymore! The sht was the key, never thought to use it right then. Also, the gannon matchup is extremely difficult, but the sheik is easy, just tchase alot, and land throws, pressure works for me.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=116702

Give me a shoutout on my local thread. m2 rules.

Dan2

Smash Apprentice
I'll go ahead and watch the videos ^.^ Also, I took second, and 7734 (local player) can't beat my m2 with his samus very easily anymore! The sht was the key, never thought to use it right then. Also, the gannon matchup is extremely difficult, but the sheik is easy, just tchase alot, and land throws, pressure works for me.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=116702

Give me a shoutout on my local thread. m2 rules.
Good job. It's always nice to see people succeed with Mewtwo.
Were there any videos recorded at the tourney?

quak

Smash Champion
i would just like everyone to know

that i disabled silent specter a total of 3 times today

and that im going to super champ combo

that is all

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Unfortunetly nobody recorded my m2 matches... But on wednesday I'm going to get some recorded, I m in CO and some friends from TX are comin (no wobbles....) but I plan on recording my m2 matches then. I want a few. Wish me luck ^^

Dan2

Smash Apprentice
how come out of the top 4, 3 of em are low tier?
The rankings were taken from some tournaments here in SC, a few of which are a little bit old. Most of the people at the top used higher tiers back then, and won a lot. (yay used spacies, TRC used falcon, I used marth) I'm sure we've all gotten better since then...

Eventually, I decided to switch to Mewtwo, and obviously everyone saw what a great change it was and copied me. Except for yoshido, he was yoshi before I was Mewtwo... (and khai he's been playing link for a while...)

Anyway, the rankings stayed about the same, but each of us has changed mains, and that's what is represented now... Each of us has a higher tier backup, but we prefer to play with our lower tiers...

Carolina low tiers for the win...

Thanks for your support! I plan take mewtwo to the next tourney we have around here and represent!

MetaKnight0

Smash Lord
Starcraft question: For protoss tech build do you go 7 pylon or 8 pylon???

lol airo all other regions have fox/falco/marth/sheik as top 4 >_> we so unoriginal

Dan2

Smash Apprentice
I love this casual chat thread.

I just played with the mojority of SC's best smashers, and I'm happy to say that for the most part, Mewtwo did very well. We didn't record any of them, so I won't be able to get any tips from the mewtwo community on my style, but it'll be ok.

On another note, I have just had the best single week of my entire life. I'm ecstatic!

I look forward to seeing all the awesome vids that are gonna be pouring out of SCC, and I hope they can help all of us get better.

quak

Smash Champion
heh heh, about that....

i just read that the tournament match vids are "MLG property" so yeah

but friendlies can still be recorded

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Ah, SCC going on right now, then?
doing some good montage stuff too, probably.
Maybe ShadowClaw 2 can come out!

Hey quak tied with Gimpyfish

quak

Smash Champion
Ah, SCC going on right now, then?
doing some good montage stuff too, probably.
Maybe ShadowClaw 2 can come out!

Hey quak tied with Gimpyfish
what do you mean i tied with gimpyfish? he did better than me in pools and in friendlies

Airo

Smash Lord
Richmond, BritishColumbia, Canada (williams+railw
gimpyfish, even though the combos dont look like anything pro, he is as good as our taj.
its his judgements that make gimpyfish a great player. and his proffesionality really sticks out when you watch him play against the true pros. these arnt things that you can tell from watching normal vids.

quak, i, and other mewtwos, play at a lower level than gimpy, even though we are able to hold our own against gimpy. in short, gimpy just kills pros that we cant kill.

Top Bottom