• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo Casual ChatThread <3

Airo

Smash Lord
Richmond, BritishColumbia, Canada (williams+railw
So we have a mewtwo chat thread!

This thread is intended for mewtwo players to simply know each other a little better. It almost resembles local regional threads. This thread helps us to promote community, support, and unity. We, as mewtwo players, can find pride in playing mewtwo and finally enjoy talking to people that have the same thing in common.

As casual as this thread is intended to be, we must still have some regulations and boundaries to prevent chaos.

Even though we are trying to step out of the box, please keep in mind that all regular forum rules still apply. Here is the link to SWF rules. http://smashboards.com/announcement.php?f=10&announcementid=41

You are reminded that posts like "hahaha, thats funny" are still considered minor spam, as addressed by SWFrules, and you may be issued infraction points by moderators, which accumulate into a ban.

- Chat does not HAVE to be mewtwo related.
- ???

[ rules incomplete and awaiting discussion]

If this thread goes out of control, warnings will be issued. further exploitations could result in a permanent locking of this thread.

Original title: Mods: Are we allowed to have casual chat threads?

my motive?
it would be nice to know get to know mewtwo players more personally. and the community is small enough that the thread wont become spammy. spam could also be controlled effectively with minor regulations.

players that choose to main mewtwo would probably need community support to some emotional levels. (legitimate excuse?) struggles about maining mewtwo needs an outlet no?

if the thread pulls into chaos, mods could still lock it. knowing that would help prevent the thread from becoming a spam galore.

i would think that this is worth a try? =]

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
I'm sorry, the original post was the funniest thing I've read in the M2 boards xD

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
I'm actually kind of mad at Taj. Before I knew of his incredible Mewtwo talents, I thought mine was kind of okay. I enjoyed playing with him, even though I lost frequently and didn't really know what I was doing.

Now I have the invisible shadow of Taj looming over me, screaming "this isn't good enough Wobbles. WHERE IS YOUR TRUE POWER?" and I degenerate into a soulless husk, a shadow of my former vigorous self.

Anyhow, Taj is too good and my Mewtwo is balls. That's all I really wanted to say, since this is the casual chat thread. Does anybody feel the same way?

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Let's see here...
1) Wobbles is teh funny. Hmm. He's from TX?? I did not know this. I thought he was AZ. xD

2) What does a green name mean?

3) I'm a scrubby. Taj has no meaning to me, other than that super fanboyism.

Airo

Smash Lord
lol.. well then... ill save the first post. but ill write an intro and change the title a little bit.

ill give some thought regarding the regulations, chat boundaries. etc

YAY, this makes me happy.

about taj. im not pressured by him. to me, he is a tool for learning. buahahahah!!!
sorry that it almost sounds like an insult.

edit:

be sure to check out first post.

im hoping for a thread with minimal restrictions, but what restrictions should there be there?

in the intro for character specific forums, there werent regulations that ward against something like this, both specificly OR indirectly.

so this thread should turn out something like the local regional threads? pool room?
those rooms ARE kinda spammy. but with the amount of people we have, its impossible for this thread match their amount of chaos. AND their chaos was tolerated by most moderators.

opinions?

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
We have like less than 10 people who visit here regularly.
I don't think there's gonna be a problem too soon.

Wilhelmsan

Smash Lord
Does anybody feel the same way?
Yes. Taj is too good.

Does anybody here play doubles with Mewtwo? I was able to beat some moderately good TX players in doubles friendlies with m2/mario. I especially like how teleport doesn't suck works the way it should and actually becomes unpredictable in doubles matches (and in fixed-camera mode for that matter).

MetaKnight0

Smash Lord
Mewtwo is too passive to be good in doubles = < Not enough priority means he baits stuff and while baiting is fine in singles he has less room for error and less time in doubles. His stuff takes too long too.

Also our goal is to match such threads as the Montreal Thread and MI Discussion thread and every other large thread. We will spawn more Mewtwolords.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
I think we need a Mewtwo "official" restaurant LOL
any suggestions? Chile's has sandwiches.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
MetaKnight. Clearly you haven't seen me team with Taj. Mewtwo IceClimbers is far greater than any normal team. THERE IS NO DOUBT.

On another, less ridiculous note, I think it's important we all remember that I'm one of the best Mewtwos in the country.

Seriously. My Mewtwo is Serious.

Brrrrraaattt. Brrrraaaattt.

Serious.

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
Mewtwo does actually seem decent in doubles. In the future I may be teaming with The King and try it out. :) Basically, Mewtwo can be mobile and look for and create opportunities through neutral air into your teammates combos, grabs that wouldn't combo for you would possibly set up for your teammate and you instantly have access to moves you wouldn't be using otherwise.

I find myself using a lot more forward throws and back throws to keep people off of me and to intercept other people in the air. Using confusion on a floaty is great too as they're easier to catch and they get their jump back. What Mewtwo lacks in priority he can make up for in mobility and finding openings since it is doubles.

Mewtwo is no Peach and he's definitely not even a Ganon or Kirby, but I've found M2 to be viable against most teams and the Jiggs Mewtwo team seemed to work very well in the few friendlies I played with The King.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Mewtwo is a very cool character, he deserves this thread. and the mewtwo mains deserve it as well, you guys are amazing.

Also I want to say Dguy is a mewtwo you guys should look out for... he is a beast!

So yeah... mewtwo, I've dabbled in him a little and had my own little thoughts on how to play him, but I'm curious, what are the biggest tips you guys would give an inexperienced Mewtwo?

Airo

Smash Lord
i guess my biggest tip would be something like... "stick to the ground."

and... our mewtwo board is wayyyy cooler than the other bottom tier boards. we have much more post than them and almost all our post and threads are intellectual. we frown upon bowsers'. we have sexy moderators that give us advice and answer questions in the most profound ways. cough boozers cough cough.

mewtwo wins <3

as for mewtwo in doubles. mewtwo tends to become a nice stock holder and killer.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Mewtwo doesn't die in teams on huge stages. Of course not as good as Peach or Jigglypuff for that purpose, but he still holds his own. Plus, since he's low tier people tend to ignore him in team matches (meaning you last forever) or gang up on him (meaning your partner can pick them off while they are distracted).

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
DelxDoom said:
See how we're closely getting to Bowser board status :o
No, you're not even close.. it's gonna take a while before you can keep up with our stupidity... Plus the sad part of the bowser boards.. is that only about 8 of us main bowser.. noone else hah

Technomancer said:
your first goal is to match KevinM and the bowser boards spam thread lol
This made me laugh but shouldn't it be, Your first goal is to match KevinM and him spamming SWF in general..

At least i can be serious when needed ^_^

Airo said:
we frown upon bowsers
How dare you

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Plus the sad part of the bowser boards.. is that only about 8 of us main bowser.. noone else hah
uh... we have like 5 competitive M2 players... (not me) and Taj doesn't exactly "main" m2, he's the m2 master and stuff. unlike gimpy he does the Marth thing. like m2k rite? x.x

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
No, you're not even close.. it's gonna take a while before you can keep up with our stupidity... Plus the sad part of the bowser boards.. is that only about 8 of us main bowser.. noone else hah
I just spam them because I can :p

This made me laugh but shouldn't it be, Your first girl is to match KevinM and him spamming SWF in general..

At least i can be serious when needed ^_^
Girls on the mind, huh Kevin? :lick:

Ark(angel)

Smash Cadet
uh my mewtwo sucks....

.does it really matter if we are the minority? LETS BE NON CONFORMIST!

Woo!...But seriously, is that the only really good competitive mewtwo's? Thats kinda sad that there is so little.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
The pichu boards are horrible, I quit those. No one knows anything over there.

But, thanks for the advice.

Ark(angel)

Smash Cadet
surely there's more mewtwo's than pichu's right?
Oh please god be. Or more mewtwo's than yoshi's or dk's?

Tis a sad time to be a mewtwo. Its too bad my friends were laughing when i picked up mewtwo, now i can beat some of their mains with him...yay!

Ark(angel)

Smash Cadet
ouch that would really suck. though it does make you a pichu pioneer!

...no wait...thats still crap : )

hey any mewtwo from Victoria? or more specifically, Melbourne? Because it would be awesomely helpful to be able to ask advice or even play them and get critiqued. I will soon post a vid of my mewtwo to be critiqued...that is, if thats ok?

quak

Smash Champion
probably the best way to figure that out is in either the mewtwo finder, or regional zones

and definatly post vids, doesn't matter if they're complete **** (not saying they will be or anything) but of the people here that visit, we all like to watch and critique vids to make each other better.

and as for 5 competitive mewtwo players, i think they're might be 1, MAYBE 2

i definatly do not play him in tourney, no ****in way :p

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
My mewtwo is OK. Probably my 4th or 5th best character.. And I prefer other low tiers for tournament :p

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
I heard that too, but he's still our most competitive m2. :)

any good songs anyone listening to?

Top Bottom