• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo Casual ChatThread <3

JELLYHEAD

Smash Cadet
"roll towards ledge with light sheild aiming outwards" edgeguard. (you can ask me more about this). SUNC is also hard to do because you put yourself in danger of stage spiking.
All that advice actually helps a lot. I'm not bad at analyzing but advice is always handy for getting there quicker.

Is what you mean by that edge guard that if he hits your shield in that position he won't be able to grab the edge due to recoil?

Also since I'm new to these forums I don't know all the abbreviations and such so... what does SUNC mean?

Airo

Smash Lord
Richmond, BritishColumbia, Canada (williams+railw
check mewtwo term list for SUNC =]

the "roll towards ledge with light sheild aiming outwards" is an edgeguard specific for marth, peach, and few other characters. What happens is that when marth UpB and hits your sheild while trying to sweet spot. His hitbox hits you off the stage causing you to catch the ledge and immediately edge hog the marth.

TheGlitchMaster

Smash Lord
D***! you're right! my bad.... ummm, i still want to talk.... umm... i love mewtwo? lol, just kidding, i feel i should say this mewtwo is higher tier than ness and pichu.

quak

Smash Champion
kirby's not the worst to play against just boring, cause he never does anything cool

i played t!mmy from oregon last saturday, it went okay

kirby is however the lamest character in the game

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
So, should we be expecting Mewtwo in Brawl? Just because the release of Deoxys information being in a Pokeball kind of throws the theory that he'll be in Brawl off a little bit. Though, he was a character in Melee so it could go either way. Opinions?

TheGlitchMaster

Smash Lord
i really think he has a chance. my issue is lucario. lucario would rock ALMOST as hard as m2, lucario does have a better chance.

DarkDisco

Smash Cadet
NNID
n8RhymesWith
3DS FC
2707-1751-6632
I like the new pokemon games and as long as you have FR or LG, you can bring your M2 over and ruin everyone's day with him ^_^

joshisrad

Smash Lord
quak, tell me you beat timmy, right? When did you play him?
I own his marth with my mewtwo :>

quak

Smash Champion
yeah, i beat timmy

it was pretty boring though

and im starting to call out marths on yoshi's story, i've beaten a couple so far

INCLUDING THIS POWER RANKED GUY FROM WASHINGTON

vish, if you somehow miraculously read this, i don't care

Levitas

the moon
Do you guys like DJC as much as we do on the Ness boards? I find that whenever I pick up mewtwo, I end up doing it to very little effect, unless I want to do a low bair or something.

Just curious.

joshisrad

Smash Lord
Most people always DJC, but not always in super quick succession as if to djc fair someone on the ground.

slave1

Smash Lord
das is zer gut ya. i likes it, keep it up woot.

Ok i have a intoresting story. today i was doing a mewtwo dido and the strangest thing occured. i had a fully charged shadow ball and came down and shot it. he did his over b and sent it back at me, then i power shielded it back into him. i am still not sure how I power shielded because it still belongs to me but it killed him instantly. the ball did a little circle and smashed him in the face. is there a sort of explination for this.

Levitas

the moon
Does the shield interact with a shadowball that belongs to the one shielding? Because maybe it wasn't a powershield. I've seen projectiles bounce of the shield in all sorts of directions.

Levitas

the moon
You just said yes, and then restated something almost opposite to what I said. It's like saying yesno. It just doesn't make sense.

joshisrad

Smash Lord
There's almost no way that could have happened legitimately. Mewtwo's overB reflects things but removes their damaging properties. Also, they would have had to have been very close to eachother on the stage for that to happen, and the overB Mewtwo would have had to have known it was coming(not hard, but if his friend is his intellectual equal then I don't know). The ball always does little circles. Powershielded ball killing him instantly at least makes sense.

arrowhead

Smash Ace
Does the shield interact with a shadowball that belongs to the one shielding? Because maybe it wasn't a powershield. I've seen projectiles bounce of the shield in all sorts of directions.
it's supposed to pass right through you no matter what you do. and i'm pretty sure projectiles won't ever bounce off shields into the direction they came from

maybe you were hallucinating and you actually confused it back to him

slave1

Smash Lord
sorry about the confusion

ok i was falling down and went for the point blank shadow ball to the face. he did and over b and the ball came back strait at me. i hit the ground and put up my shield (ya know when a giant purple ball of death is about to hit you that is what you do) the ball turned around and smacked him in the face. if you want the other players story go to Utah thread in regional zones and ask Perfect Choas it was him i hit.

new glitch maybe but no halucinations or was the best one that i have ever had

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Mewtwo's overB reflects things but removes their damaging properties.
Incorrect, the truth is that it doesn't change the owner of the projectile.
Thus, if Mewtwo confused a missile and he can still get hit by it if something weird happens and M2 can actually touch it.
Also, Mewtwo can hit anyone except the owner of the projectile on Friendly Fire teams, etc.

joshisrad

Smash Lord
What? If Samus fired a missile and SWD'ed into it, she'd take damage. The missile is still hers. Am I mistaken?

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Samus firing a missle at herself = Samus firing a missle at a teammate with friendly fire OFF

Top Bottom