• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo Casual ChatThread <3

DarkDisco

Smash Cadet
NNID
n8RhymesWith
3DS FC
2707-1751-6632
Shadowclaw 2 makes me want to break my abstinence from melee until brawl @_@. iz awesome. I'm pretty excited for Brawl m2 and want to be clear minded for him.

yea... abstinence is over, it will be way too long without some sort of nintendo battling for me.

TriAngle

Smash Rookie
i'm seriously about to kill myself.
removed:
pichu, a clone
doc, a clone
roy, a clone
mewtwo, a clone, and by "a clone", i mean "a clone of mew who has one of the most disticnt and unique gameplays in melee"

well, at least they changed all the other clones. oh wait, you mean falco's still the same? ganondorf? young link?

...uhh.... well, at least they didn't add any new clones. except wolf and lucas.

supposedly lucario is the "new mewtwo", except he's not nearly as cool and only has like 2 moves in common with him. whatever. QQ

arrowhead

Smash Ace
i'm seriously about to kill myself.
removed:
pichu, a clone
doc, a clone
roy, a clone
mewtwo, a clone, and by "a clone", i mean "a clone of mew who has one of the most disticnt and unique gameplays in melee"

well, at least they changed all the other clones. oh wait, you mean falco's still the same? ganondorf? young link?

...uhh.... well, at least they didn't add any new clones. except wolf and lucas.

supposedly lucario is the "new mewtwo", except he's not nearly as cool and only has like 2 moves in common with him. whatever. QQ
=-O

/wrists

quak

Smash Champion
WHAT THE ****?!?

MEWTWO'S NOT IN THE NEW GAME?!?

i didn't see that **** coming...

... oh wait, yeah i did, when i realized that there are only 7 people who play mewtwo

slave1

Smash Lord
ok lucaria is cool. she has the wanabee shadow ball that gets big. but she looks cool. anyways wolf is not a clone. there is a diference. and rob is trippy. anyways that was a sad day when mewtwo was removed.

quak i liked your vid. it was sweet. cool music.

arrowhead

Smash Ace
no. mewtwo's a double secret character. they decided he was so awesome that he's not counted as a regular character. he will have his own page and to unlock him you must beat every mode on very hard difficulty before the game counter reaches 24 hours. then you must play an additional 1000000 hours of smash

spread the word!

The Enemy

Smash Apprentice
Instead of fixing M2 they simply replace him!? Take out the ultimate being from one of their top franchises and add.....another Starfox character, another Mother character, a cell-shaded Link, R.O.B., and......... Lucario. Way to go Nintendo =(

The Enemy

Smash Apprentice
Yeah it would be cool if Nintendo added more characters to Brawl via internet like 360 games.

quak

Smash Champion
ultrabump*

who actually plays pokemon pearl/diamond

i need ****, even if you don't play anymore, lemme know what you do have lol

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Meh. Diamond and Pearl totally screwed up the combat system. CMcune no longer has no weak because of physical type Grass moves and stuff like Zen Headbutt is just kinda weak.

quak

Smash Champion
suicune counters:

Counters

Lapras and Vaporeon with their Water Absorb ability nullify Suicune entirely. Electivire can score super effective Electric hits on the physical side, bypassing any Calm Mind boosts, and Torterra can nail you with Wood Hammer if you do not have Ice Beam. Celebi can Leech Seed you and Recover away damage if you do not have boosted Ice Beams to scare it away. Gyarados with Taunt will thoroughly trounce any Suicune that does not have Hidden Power Electric, and Blissey beats you if you lack Rest. Starmie should be avoided as well if you do not have a few Calm Minds built up. Venusaur can put you to Sleep and wail away with Leaf Storm, or Leech Seed you, as can Sceptile (minus the Sleep part), and obviously Raikou, Zapdos, and Jolteon should be avoided at all costs. If Suicune is without Roar or Hidden Power Electric, Tentacruel can Swords Dance on Suicune and Poison J

people have thought this **** out man, i didn't write it, got it offa smogon.com

there's always a counter for something, if not anything reasonable, it's an uber (different class that's not allowed in most tournies)

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
quak, do you play on shoddybattle by any chance?

edit:

elvenarrow3000, I don't think you even played the game >_>

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Errr... that's... wait what?

I meant in Emerald CMcune had... well Calm Mind, which boosted SDef, dropping the effectiveness of Electric and Water attacks. Throw in Roar in case they tried to stat boost and you have no weaknesses.

I don't really remember the counters to phazing CMcune... I think it was Vaporeon and Lapras, but I'm not sure.

Curselax seems like he'd be pretty ridiculous in Pearl and Diamond and he was already a monster before.

quak

Smash Champion
quak, do you play on shoddybattle by any chance?

edit:

elvenarrow3000, I don't think you even played the game >_>
i've seen that term thrown around alot, i know i should know what it is, just no ones explained it to me yet, care to fill me in?

quak

Smash Champion
Errr... that's... wait what?

I meant in Emerald CMcune had... well Calm Mind, which boosted SDef, dropping the effectiveness of Electric and Water attacks. Throw in Roar in case they tried to stat boost and you have no weaknesses.

I don't really remember the counters to phazing CMcune... I think it was Vaporeon and Lapras, but I'm not sure.

Curselax seems like he'd be pretty ridiculous in Pearl and Diamond and he was already a monster before.
that' why people usually have phaser's on their team to blow away the stat boosts

plus anything strong with thunderpunch could take out cm suicune in a couple turns or so

specificly guys, i need a life orb, choice specs, and tm's for explosion, stone edge, aerial ace

and a togepi wouldn't be bad either....

basicly anything you're willing to dole over :)

i do have some valueable tm's, who's willing?

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Well, shoddybattle is bacisally the Diamond/Pearl version of netbattle.

Netbattle is a pokemon simulator where you built your own team (making whatever specs you want) and you fight other people. It's mainly used for competitive players to easily play online and test out their teams. You can set all of the competitive tournament rules and what not (Sleep Clause, 1 of each pkm, etc.), you can even ban ubers from being used. It's the perfect way to make up a team, see how well it works against good players, then go to your real game and make that team. Since making a team in the actual game is so troublesome, some simply stick to the online simulator.

Since Netbattle is only R/B/Y, G/S/C, and R/S/E, less people play it nowadays and have moved onto ShoddyBattle which is D/P only.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
shoddybattle.com, just download it there and everything else is pretty straightforward :p

quak

Smash Champion
lol okay, i do now, ima create my prospective team and see how well it works, i don't think it's balanced at all though...

do people usually tap in full iv's in everything? cause im not sure what they are yet, as my team isn't level 100 yet

care to test?

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
NetBattle's pretty amazing.

Yes, something with Thunderpunch could kill Suicune in a few turns, but after a few CM's, Suicune could probably Surf you to death faster with STAB and everything. There aren't many Electric types being used in the NetBattle servers... all Electics have crap Def and Earthquake is a physical sweeper staple.

Curselax hurts though, and it takes time to switch in phazers which would take a lot from a Curse boosted STAB Return.

But I'm talking about the days of Emerald, which are going away, sadly.

Full IV's are necessarily good though because it locks you to Hidden Power Dark.

quak

Smash Champion
nah i got gayed

ice beam froze me twice

2 critical hits with close combat

stone edge misses 3 times in a row with no stat modifyers

-_-

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
lol, that stuff happens all the time in the real game as well, ESPECIALLY the R/B/Y series.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Ice Beam is like... the only move you'll see that freezes though... Blizzard has the same chance of freezing, but 30% less accuracy.

Fenrir

Smash Ace
NNID
FenrirW0lf
3DS FC
3523-2051-9785
Sometime, when I`m really bored, I`ll give that pokemon battle whatsit a shot.

But I doubt I`m any good at those games anymore. <_<

Top Bottom