• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metroid: Other M

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
lolwut?
haha I didn't even know you could get killed like that. I didn't experience even one "BS" death when I played. The game even slows down so you can dodge stuff... Lrn2tapcontrolpads?
It probably just happens to me because
every other Metroid game has drilled taking your time into my head. I have a bad habit of walking a bit, going into first person, looking around, walking a bit more, etc.

Not sure if it was really necessary to spoil that, but whatever.

Tanspriter

Smash Cadet
This game blew my mind. I can't remember the last time I came home from school and played a game until midnight without any breaks. And I only stopped because I had finished the epilogue.
Ridley was the coolest thing ever.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
The Spoony One hated the game too. I'm confused as people who hate it seem to be completely unfamiliar with the series outside of Metroid and Super and just assume that the way this game plays out is completely different from the way a Metroid game should ever be.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
So... I'm getting this soon, is it like a fun Super Metroid/Ninja Gaiden like game?

It all sounds good, I don't really care about the missiles being first person, unable to move, etc. It all looks good, but man G4 O.o.

I'll probably get it regardless, but I wondered, what would you guys rate it?

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
About the Ridley thing: This newly-bred Ridley definately recognizes Samus. During the scene where the not-quite-adult Ridley is attacking the troops, he spots Samus in the window of the building, sets a trap for her, and pounces on her. Perhaps Ridley's soul is reincarnated into each new Ridley?

Just pure speculation. I'm bored.

So yeah, I just beat the game. That final boss battle was awesome. I was like "Huh, I wonder what that giant tentacle belongs too... OH MY ****ING GOD PHANTOON!!!"

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
So... I'm getting this soon, is it like a fun Super Metroid/Ninja Gaiden like game?

It all sounds good, I don't really care about the missiles being first person, unable to move, etc. It all looks good, but man G4 O.o.

I'll probably get it regardless, but I wondered, what would you guys rate it?
It's more like Metroid: Fusion meets Ninja Gaiden. No, really. Other M rips several elements directly from Fusion.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
That sounds like a nice game though, not really a terrible one >.>

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
It's for you to decide. I agree with Serris about the Fusion elements, though. I felt like I was playing Metroid Fusion 3D at times.

Also agree with Zook. Maybe his memories got cloned too? o.o Or he's like a bull but with orange.

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
For anyone who wants a more detailed review, here's one I wrote on another message board:

There are no spoilers in this article

So I have just completed Metroid Other M. I’m blown away. I think that describes my feelings the best. I don’t exactly know why it was blasted so much in the gaming media (A 2/5, seriously G4?) but I thought it was a very well done game. Hell, that is an understatement. Other M has issues, I won’t argue, but none you won’t find in any other AAA game. Perhaps a few more, simply because somethings they include turn out to be inconvenient for no apparent reason. It seems to all be done in a effort to shove a whole lot more into a decently old system. And if I had to describe in a sentence how Other M feels, I’d simply say it works. It puts a ridiculous amount of stuff, from fan-pleasing secrets and surprises, to a story I wholeheartedly enjoyed, to a system that fuses Super Metroid with Ninja Gaiden. So many people saw this as something that was just never going to function correctly. It was too much. But it works perfectly fine. It flows, and fuses, and flies as it goes on, and it never misses a beat. The pacing is amazing. The environments live and breathe, they thrive. It takes a complex story and puts in complex features, and complex way of controlling, but against all odds: it works.

Metroid Prime is my favorite game of all time. It is a simple setting, a practically nonexistent story, and yet it presents a world so flowing with emotion out of it’s isolated theme, that it adds infinite amounts to the already great core Metroid gameplay. Metroid Other M is practically the opposite in the Metroid spectrum. It creates a full story that is constantly pulling, and pushing at the gameplay. The sense of isolation is only realized at certain points in the game. Half the time, it may as well be a science fiction movie (although the story is relatively original, and had me guessing at several certain points). Samus actually narrates the story. Compared to the simple, but perfected Prime, Other M might as well have just used the Metroid system to create an entirety new type of game. However, I think this is how the Metroid series may have been originally envisioned. Perhaps Retro simply took the idea from earlier games, thinking it was the style the creators had always intended for the series, and made it 3D, and modernly reinvigorated it. Either way, Other M now stands at 2nd in my list of best Metroids ( I never beat Super, but I have done so to about every other game) even beating the 2 sequels to Prime. If this does not tell you how much I enjoyed this game, I don’t know what will.

The story is one of the few that is actually a driving factor for me to complete the game. I found it well intertwined with the game itself, a feat that developers are just starting to master in this generation. It also transforms the mechanics of 2D Metroids perfectly into 3D ( or at least very close), something aided by the use of the d-pad control, in fact. It just feels like a Metroid at it’s core. It happens to complicate the system to a ridiculous amount, but in the very core of the game, it is a Metroid. All it’s complexity turns it into a game the likes of which Nintendo fans have never seen. It may definitley alienate a few. But I feel it is those few that or too stubborn or stupid to realize that Metroid cannot be suspended in it’s simple, but elegant, and beautiful Prime system. The game needs to evolve. It did not evolve perfectly, what does? It took the leap of faith, and though a few flaws may be prevalent, considering the leap the game has taken, it it utterly brilliant. Prime may have perfected the current Metroid system, but Other M took it to a place that few games have gone, it took a leap few games are willing to take, and I must say, I think I enjoy this game far more than if Retro had made a Prime 4. It took quite a lot of guts to move Metroid to this position, but it was not in vain. There are problems, and glitches, and unpolished areas, and infuriatingly cheap sequences. But Nintendo just put a ridiculous amount of effort to try something new. And you know what?

It works.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Moral of the story? Dont take reviews for granted people, play the game and judge it yourself. I think this game is amazing too :). Screw G4 they suck anyways.

darkfox15

Smash Cadet
I´m gonna play it today for first time...LOL. But I´ve seen many videos of gameplays, and it´s awesome. I´ve played all the metroids games and this won´t be the exception

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Note: Don't highlight the spoilers in this post unless you've beaten the game completely, as most they all involve endgame or late-game things.

Just finished the game (with 32%, didn't do very much exploring). This was one of the most confusing gaming experiences I've ever had. I think the third person view worked out pretty well in the end, I liked that upgrades that hadn't been used in Prime due to the way the game was set up were able to be brought back. There are a lot of elements in the game that irked me, though. I hate the focus on combat that the game had; many of the enemies took a LOT of hits to take down, and they had the mini-boss-like enemies around a lot, and it's not even as if it was like most other Metroid games where if you fight something like that, you earn a powerup -- that only happened on a few occasions. Some things were unclear in-game, such as
at the very end of the Queen Metroid fight where they don't tell you that you can use Power Bombs now, until after you're already done

On the note of the Galactic Federation:
I was never really fond of them, but after this game, I completely and thoroughly hate them. They're pretty much driven by war and do far too much crap, trying to do things that will endanger many, many lives, potentially the entire universe, just to get "ultimate weapons". As I said to my friend after Adam explained that through genetic manipulation, they'd made metroids that are immune to cold, "Leave it up to the Galactic Federation to make indestructible metroids." By doing things like that, trying to use the SA-X as a weapon, and trying to erase all traces of a project they know was a failure by killing people...I'm not very fond of them at all. For that matter, I find it sort of odd that they focused a lot on the whole "Deleter" thing, but once everyone except for K.G. had been eliminated and you're left to assume he must've been the one, the whole idea of the "Deleter" stopped popping up and they never went into any detail on that.

Oh, which reminds me, I'm so happy Anthony survived. His reappearance would've been perfect had he said "REMEMBER ME?"

In the end, I'm glad I made my way through it, despite the numerous issues with it. The story unfolded pretty well, and the references were simply awesome.
Phantoon and Nightmare's appearances made me so happy, Queen Metroid was pretty awesome as well.

UncleSam

Smash Master
Note: Don't highlight the spoilers in this post unless you've beaten the game completely, as most they all involve endgame or late-game things.On the note of the Galactic Federation:
I was never really fond of them, but after this game, I completely and thoroughly hate them. They're pretty much driven by war and do far too much crap, trying to do things that will endanger many, many lives, potentially the entire universe, just to get "ultimate weapons". As I said to my friend after Adam explained that through genetic manipulation, they'd made metroids that are immune to cold, "Leave it up to the Galactic Federation to make indestructible metroids." By doing things like that, trying to use the SA-X as a weapon, and trying to erase all traces of a project they know was a failure by killing people...I'm not very fond of them at all. For that matter, I find it sort of odd that they focused a lot on the whole "Deleter" thing, but once everyone except for K.G. had been eliminated and you're left to assume he must've been the one, the whole idea of the "Deleter" stopped popping up and they never went into any detail on that.

Oh, which reminds me, I'm so happy Anthony survived. His reappearance would've been perfect had he said "REMEMBER ME?"
what are you talking about James is the deleter, he attempts to whack MB and gets killed instead. If KG was the deleter he would have reported back to the Feds after you finished the game instead of just going missing. James killed him in the pyrosphere.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
what are you talking about James is the deleter, he attempts to whack MB and gets killed instead. If KG was the deleter he would have reported back to the Feds after you finished the game instead of just going missing. James killed him in the pyrosphere.
...Oh. Wow. That makes so much sense now that I think it through, but they really didn't go over that really well. Kind of pisses me off that they let something that seemed like such an important plot point fall to the wayside like that and made you figure it out. With Samus doing an inner monologue on some fairly obvious things, you'd think she'd have gone over that at some point.

They never went over it, so I just assumed the last surviving person would have to be the one. I forgot about the person falling into the lava, therefore making it impossible for Samus to label them as dead.

UncleSam

Smash Master
...Oh. Wow. That makes so much sense now that I think it through, but they really didn't go over that really well. Kind of pisses me off that they let something that seemed like such an important plot point fall to the wayside like that and made you figure it out. With Samus doing an inner monologue on some fairly obvious things, you'd think she'd have gone over that at some point.

They never went over it, so I just assumed the last surviving person would have to be the one. I forgot about the person falling into the lava, therefore making it impossible for Samus to label them as dead.
I found it kinda weird too. She chases a G-fed into the bio-lab in sector one and meets MB right? when she comes back she finds James dead, she didn't see that as the least bit odd? Also after playing the game again in hard mode I noticed, in sector one when you and the rest of the crew have to search the building and you find the zebesians. When you walk into the room you find James there but not Lyle, Lyle was supposed to be screening sector one. But no suspicions? And James is the one who "finds" Lyle dead after the battle with the NFE ridley. So many little clues point to him, yet even Samus can't put the pieces together.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Just relating to the story:

What is it, exactly, that makes Prime set before Super Metroid? I remember the "Zebes has fallen..." scans from the game, but I can't remember anything that sets it completely (and indisputably) before Super Metroid.
And if there isn't anything all THAT concrete, I would find it more fitting to retcon the Prime series after Fusion or so than to just retcon them out of existence...

Some of the bad reviews are killing me for this game. I haven't yet gotten very far into it due to lack of time, but the game is a heck of a ride to play.

It seems like every bad review mentions the new authorization system as a negative... ok so Samus has to ask Adam for authorization to use certain weapons, armor, etc. That happens in ANY faction of the military. I agree that it would be easier to have her heat armor when entering lava land, but again, soldiers generally won't have access to the best equipment until it is proven that they need it.

And even if the idea is a small bit wonky... think back to Prime... Samus gets hit (or caught in the explosion or whatever), and that's enough to break all her crap? enough so that she has to go find it again? I'm sorry, but the giant rock dude pounded her into the ground and all her crap was fine... inconsistent.

The only Metroid game that gave you absolutely no question about losing weapons was Fusion.. that one made sense.

Prime was an excellent game. One of the best of all time, for sure... but Super Metroid blew it away. There isn't too much better in ANY aspect. I also enjoyed Fusion quite a bit, so the fact that many of the story elements feel like Fusion doesn't upset me in the least...

Reviewers need to get over themselves...

UncleSam

Smash Master
Just relating to the story:

What is it, exactly, that makes Prime set before Super Metroid? I remember the "Zebes has fallen..." scans from the game, but I can't remember anything that sets it completely (and indisputably) before Super Metroid.
And if there isn't anything all THAT concrete, I would find it more fitting to retcon the Prime series after Fusion or so than to just retcon them out of existence...
There are still metroid's in the prime series. The species itself is eradicated in Metroid 2, so if Prime were to come after fusion it would make no sense because
The only metroids around during Other M and Fusion are in highly restricted experimental labs, that and story wise the federation would be controlling the metroids not letting them roam free, since their intention is to breed and use them themselves.

M@v

Subarashii!
I just beat other M last night at like 5am...lol....and here are some thoughts of mine *spoilers derp*

I knew the "cute" little white thing was going to turn into a monster, but I never expected Ridley. Btw that fight was epic.
I like how they gave samus emotions, she's a bad ***, but she's also a girl. All girls will have emotions at some point.
However, wtf at samus becoming a damsel-in-distress vs Ridley. Its not like you killed the SOB several times already.

I liked all the story they put in, they did a great job with it.

Control wise my only complaint is the switch from 3rd to first person would be really glitchy at times, it was annoying.

Having to wait for Adam to give you permission for weapons was total bull****.

And when you show the end credits, that means the game's over. Don't put 2 hours of game play after it. Put it before please.

Oh yeah, I approve of get to da choppa ZSS style. I knew team ninja of all people wouldn't pass up a chance to make zss playable.

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
And when you show the end credits, that means the game's over. Don't put 2 hours of game play after it. Put it before please.

It's the epilogue. The point is to collect the rest of the items, and
get the secret ending (which does not require you get all the items, but I'll let you find it for yourself) The secret ending is amazing and has easily gone in my top 3 favorite endings of a game. The point is that you have to do the optional ending boss (Phantoon) and you get the optional, bada** ending

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
There are still metroid's in the prime series. The species itself is eradicated in Metroid 2, so if Prime were to come after fusion it would make no sense because
The only metroids around during Other M and Fusion are in highly restricted experimental labs, that and story wise the federation would be controlling the metroids not letting them roam free, since their intention is to breed and use them themselves.
Not sure that needed to be in spoiler tags, but I'll leave that in, and put the rest of my response in it..

I understand that the Metroids were supposed to be disposed of through Metroid 2 and Super, but then again, that makes several assumptions:

1. All of the Metroids in the universe actually DID come from SR388 and no other planet.
2. The Space Pirates did not move metroids between strongholds sometime before their Zebes base was destroyed in Super Metroid. (I would think that they could have moved them before super metroid, but Ridley's interest in "the baby" contradicts that.)
3. The Federation transports of the Metroids they engineered were always completely secure.

I'm just saying, it's a far easier jump to say that one of those assumptions is false than it is to say that the Prime series just didn't happen.

UncleSam

Smash Master
Not sure that needed to be in spoiler tags, but I'll leave that in, and put the rest of my response in it..

I understand that the Metroids were supposed to be disposed of through Metroid 2 and Super, but then again, that makes several assumptions:

1. All of the Metroids in the universe actually DID come from SR388 and no other planet.
2. The Space Pirates did not move metroids between strongholds sometime before their Zebes base was destroyed in Super Metroid. (I would think that they could have moved them before super metroid, but Ridley's interest in "the baby" contradicts that.)
3. The Federation transports of the Metroids they engineered were always completely secure.
1. This is correct.
2. They couldn't the planet was destroyed while they were still on it.
3. They aren't allowed to use bio-weapons but the Galactic Federation still wants them so they do it in secret. The ones created in Other M were all eradicated, the ones in Fusion were also eradicated.

I'm just saying, it's a far easier jump to say that one of those assumptions is false than it is to say that the Prime series just didn't happen.
This would make alot more sense according to the points Serris explained.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Yes, I believe that all Metroids did come from SR388 and were thus eradicated, except for the baby. so #1 is a correct assumption.

The existence of the baby allowed the GF (In Fusion) and space pirates (in Super Metroid, among others) to make more metroids.

Now in Metroid, and then again in Super, we are led to believe that all space pirates have been wiped out, and the threat of pirates and metroids is gone. Prime, however, fleshes out the pirates as a huge outfit that is capable of researching and developing large bases on multiple planets at a time. In Prime, no fewer than 4 different planets with pirate colonies are listed, Zebes included. And a central command of pirates is mentioned quite a lot. I truly find it hard to believe that with this evidence, all of the pirates with any power were on Zebes.

Then, with any sort of convoy of supplies, etc... it wouldn't be all that difficult for the pirates to send a few metroids to their central command even while Samus was on Zebes in Super Metroid. I mean, they would want to preserve that resource, should things go bad...

That leads me to believe that Samus and GF would have thought that all the pirates and metroids were eradicated at the end of Super, when they actually weren't...

So Super goes to Other M, then Fusion, in canon.

I think there would then be a missing piece of story where Samus/GF learn that the pirates still exist. And at this point, either the pirates shipped metroids back to command or GF had a problem when they were creating them... There may have well been a number of operations outside of what is known in Fusion. I really think another game could explain this quite a bit better.

Then, the Prime series takes place.

Really, the only huge problem i see with this would be a few lines from scans in Prime, but the major discontinuities are more or less taken care of (correct me if I'm wrong)... Such as ridley turning metal, then regenerating flesh, and Samus's statement in Other M that this was the first time she worked with GF...

Anyways, I'm just trying to explain it so that Prime can still be canon... I don't believe that's an impossibility.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Anyways, I'm just trying to explain it so that Prime can still be canon... I don't believe that's an impossibility.
Unlike Zelda, Metroid has a concrete timeline laid down by Nintendo:

Metroid: Zero Mission (Metroid) -> Metroid Prime -> Metroid Prime: Hunters -> Metroid Prime 2: Echoes -> Metroid Prime 3: Corruption -> Metroid II: Return of Samus -> Super Metroid -> Metroid: Other M -> Metroid: Fusion

However, with the glaring inconsistencies between Prime and the 2-D games regarding Ridley's state of being, as well as Samus' ignorance of the events of Corruption, it's safe to say that the Prime trilogy is indeed non-canon.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Or could be ignorance of the people making the games. Or lack of caring enough to acknowledge Prime, since they were trying to break away from the genre it became. As far as I see it, Ridley's state of being doesn't prove enough to make the trilogy non-canon(and certainly not because Sakamoto said so). The others that came before Prime could just be in need of a retcon, or could just say 'because money' and go by Nintendo/screw the 'logic.'

Who knows about the Space Pirates, though. Maybe that was/is(I wish/hope) an issue to be addressed in Dread. Zebesians are dead, apparently the ones in Prime 1/3 suffered "great defeat" to the point where they're no longer a top(or mentioned, making them kinda like the Kriken Empire) priority problem on the GF's list, and the others are nowhere to be seen like Sylux

Anyway...how bout that MOM?

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
There's a lot brought up story-wise in the Prime games that is important to discovering Samus' origins, but it's all still fairly vague. Zero mission (not the NES game, but the remake) introduces a likewise type of story element, which is equally as important to her origin story, and is likewise vague in parts. If you take both, and blend them together, you do get a fairly coherent story despite some minor inconsistencies, and of course there's still tons of questions about her origin, as if we're not meant to know such things, or perhaps its her herself that doesn't really know/remember, so neither can we. Other M of course sets up Fusion perfectly, as well as capping off Super Metroid - it's a successful transition game, but still sheds no real light on her origins before joining the GF. Prime has always been intended to be a side-story of events taking place between Metroid and Metroid II, so I take it as canon, but I also take the events of it as being less important as the overall development of character during them.

I still want a sequel to Fusion though :) Definitely still my favorite in the series.

UncleSam

Smash Master
Anyway...how bout that MOM?
I think it could be a reference to the baby metroid from Super metroid seeing Samus as it's mother, or the created baby metroid and MB.

@sucumbio - manga covers her origin, I don't see why they would make a game of her childhood.
But a sequel to Fusion would bring up questions left in Fusion like what the Federation did with not only their second failure in metroids, but their failure to weaponize X, and how to deal with samus after she blew up SR388 and the B.S.L.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I think the best thing to say about the Metroid Prime games is that it might do what Capcom did with the Sakura Ganbaru! manga for the SF series. From that manga, elements like the relationship between Dan, Sakura, and Blanka, Sakura's future profession, and Karin were incorporated into the canon. Elements of the Prime series may become non-canon (probably most of Corruption), but some things will remain intact.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/story/81909/ptsd-or-weakness-real-experts-on-why-samus-didnt-shoot/

10sumsupmythoughtsonthat

I'm starting to think that maybe by the time of Super Metroid/Other M, Samus has just done enough missions to not really care about some of her accomplishments
(Samus herself looks down on herself, I think, when she's delivering that speech about the results of Super Metroid). Or maybe she's being really specific in that she's never taken orders from a commanding officer since she left the Federation, not an Admiral. If Prime really was meant to not be canon, I'm wondering if the Seeker Missiles would still be in the game or not, or if Zebesians would still be called Zebesians as opposed to just simply Space Pirates, since they would only know of one 'type of Space Pirates'(or vice versa, in that Space Pirates would've never caught on and Zebesians would have). Either way, <3 Metroid.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
The more and more I see people discussing this and the infamous scene, it's almost like you could tell what kind of person someone is by their reaction.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I like having the guides for most Metroid games, but would recommend the one for this?

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
So yeah, the game was really fun. For those of you that seem to be having glitch problems with the 3rd person to 1st person transitions, make sure you sit a decent distance back from the screen, and the most important thing, make sure your batteries have plenty of charge. The biggest factor in the recognition of view switching is battery charge, at full charge it's always seamless.

Cute little bird thing turning into Ridley was epic. We all knew it was going to be a bad*** monster but Ridley was an unexpected twist. GG Team Ninja.,

UncleSam

Smash Master
I like having the guides for most Metroid games, but would recommend the one for this?
The story seems kind of linear and it tells you where to find all the energy tanks/missile tanks/ect. in game anyway.

so not really.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
The only thing that would justify a guide is those dang 1st person pixel hunts. Otherwise you either know where to go/what to do, or you'll get it after dying a few times.
lol elevator/giant fire monster/anticlimactic final story fight/etc.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I loved how shocking the elevator and fire monster deaths were. I had no idea they were coming at all. XD

The final "boss" really sucked and was completely stupid. At least the true final boss was actually a boss.

:069:

M@v

Subarashii!
Cute little bird thing turning into Ridley was epic. We all knew it was going to be a bad*** monster but Ridley was an unexpected twist. GG Team Ninja.,
Thissssss

I had the exact same assumption playing the game.

best ITS A TRAP in a while imo

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I have to say, so far I love the game. Its a fps/fusion like game, and it seems really fun. I can see the problems everyone mentioned, but god this game gets a lot of hate on other boards lol.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
It's really a great game actually. Story wise, it's amazing Nintendo even remembered Super Metroid that well. (A lot of things usually get way sketchier, being nitpicky only leads to saddness)

The whole Metroid Timeline is pretty good, and while I don't like the lack of isolation, not all the games can be so for the timeline to work. MP3/Other M were kinda necessary in that fact.

If I had to say anything, I'd say I'd want all Metroid games to be either FPS or Ninja Gaiden style. A remake of SM like that would be nice (and it wouldn't be linear like this is semi-linear)

Then again, my ratings always have been.

Metrod Prime 10
Super Metroid 10
Metroid Prime 3 9
Other M 9
Metroid Fusion 9
Metroid Prime 2 8.5

In that order too actually XD (haven't played GB one, and MetroidNES...idk where to put that, it's good, but eh?)

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Honestly, they should create a sequel with the engine Team Ninja created (but more refined and with better controls) and iron out all of the other issues (BETTER VOICE ACTING FOR SAMUS, a better story, no authorizing stuff, etc.). Under the problems, I can see a fantastic game if done right.

:069:

Top Bottom