• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metal Discussion Thread.

dashdancedan

Smash Journeyman
I don't really listen to metal that much, but some of the things that I listen to that ARE metal are
Blind Guardian
Moss
Wolves in the Throne Room
Emperor
Mastodon
Kylesa
Genghis Tron
Arsis

My music taste outstreches to many non-metal things, but these are just some of the bands that are within the metal range. I didn't include anything post-metal like Pelican or things that are more hardcore than metal. Also, I'm gonna go ahead and say that most people in this thread listen to complete garbage.

www.last.fm/user/dashdancedan

Feel free to bash my music taste, because it will have little to no effect and my only response will be "Well what do you listen to."

Zoro

Smash Champion
I don't really listen to metal that much, but some of the things that I listen to that ARE metal are
Blind Guardian
Moss
Wolves in the Throne Room
Emperor
Mastodon
Kylesa
Genghis Tron
Arsis

My music taste outstreches to many non-metal things, but these are just some of the bands that are within the metal range. I didn't include anything post-metal like Pelican or things that are more hardcore than metal. Also, I'm gonna go ahead and say that most people in this thread listen to complete garbage.

www.last.fm/user/dashdancedan

Feel free to bash my music taste, because it will have little to no effect and my only response will be "Well what do you listen to."

there is no bashing necessary ppl like what they like
no need to be defensive when nobody has said anything to you yet lol

i like genghis tron and blind guardian i like alot

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
Recently listened to Cannibal Corpse. WTF People like that? I love Death Growls and all, but that sounds like a ******* Train Wreck.

dashdancedan

Smash Journeyman

there is no bashing necessary ppl like what they like
no need to be defensive when nobody has said anything to you yet lol

i like genghis tron and blind guardian i like alot
I'm just saying, for people that were considering hating on my music ;0)

Master Raven

Smash Master
As far as genres go, favorites go:

Death = Black > Doom = Industrial > Thrash > Prog > Power

There are other genres I haven't listed like gothic and symphonic, but I haven't listened to enough of those.

I like some power metal bands like Children of Bodom and Iced Earth, but I'm not too into the genre as a whole, and I can't really get into the Dungeons 'N Dragons atmosphere in the music in general lol

I think death is my favorite sub-genre overall, but only by a tiny margin, that's why I have them equal.

TEECO

Smash Ace
TEECO I used to be into Trivium.. really liked Ascendancy and even the one after that although their style changed. I also saw them open for In Flames once at the NorVa (Norfolk, VA).. it was a really good show, drummer is my fav. member of the band.
You should realllly listen to their newest album, Shogun.
They've brought back the Ascendancy sound but they have grown up a lot talentwise.

They are awesome live, I've seen them three times. They opened for coheed and cambria one show.... i was so pissed off. I hate coheed. And yeah man the drummer is a beast, i have a set similar to his but im not sponsored and **** so its not loaded hahah.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
Darkest Hour
Cephalic Carnage
Job For a Cowboy
High On Fire
Kovenant

um, random grindcore for fun

yiff, don't bash stuff because you don't like it.

i guess by the broad definition of metal we're using

I still have a soft spot for Dimmu Borgir (sellout, whatever)
uh, I liked Zao's first album..
Finntroll
Kamelot

Zoro

Smash Champion
Darkest Hour
Cephalic Carnage
Job For a Cowboy
High On Fire
Kovenant

um, random grindcore for fun

yiff, don't bash stuff because you don't like it.

i guess by the broad definition of metal we're using

I still have a soft spot for Dimmu Borgir (sellout, whatever)
uh, I liked Zao's first album..
Finntroll
Kamelot

Zao gets worse as time goes on
sleepy i dont know how you canlisten to job for a cowboy lol

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
i figured.
why?
i got used to screaming n whatnot thanks to gawes, if that's it.

Top Bottom