• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metaknight versus Diddy

OverLade

Smash Hero
Moved to this thread from matchup thread.

"I spent a bit of time teaching Jason a few things about how to safely tornado Diddy. I also played a friendly set with ADHD. I also recently 2-0'd Gnes in tourney last month.

What you want to do it powershield the banana when he throws it at you and then tornado when it bounces off your shield instead of catching it. If diddy isnt holding a banana, this is almost completely nonpunishable. If he shields the tornado you can retreat either back to the other side of the banana or the other side of Diddy (any smart diddy will run and grab the banana instead of punishing nados lagless landing). If you land behind the banana, he has to dash attack to pick it up and by then you already have options to attack him again. If you tornado him (you must nado over the bananas regular tradjectory ) his shield will already be small from the first nado and you will get a guaranteed poke. This strategy by itself ***** diddy really hard. You can also use tornado to keep diddy off the edge. He should absolutely never be able to safely get back on the ledge unless he's holding a banana. Tornado beats everything if you space it right, get up attack, ledgeroll, ledgejump, and side B. You can also tornado at Diddy when you're holding a banana. If you do it right he can't safely try and chase your landing lag.

Luckily diddy isnt completely helpless (I also played Jason with Diddy and used what I know from playing against Diddy against him). Rolling around tornado is the best way to safely get back to your banana. MK will still have good options and he doesnt have to tornado immediately once he realizes what you realize, but as far as mix up he can avoid taking damage, regain his banana, and reset the stage.

As far as actually throwing the banana never throw it back at him. Either throw it straight up or backwards towards the far side of the stage. Against Wyatt I would wait for him to jump to produce another banana, then glide toss toward him while throwing it upwards and capitalize on him being in the air (tornado beats the majority of his air game and if you bair fairs you get huge punishes).

Imo it's 50-50 if Diddy is holding a banana and 60-40 if he isnt, possibly worse. I beat him 2-1, though I have to attribute a lot of it to gimps. He also SD'd once which is why the matches werent close when I won."

Overswarm

is laughing at you
What do I do with bananas?
z-drop them carefully, or have them sitting right in front or right behind you. Retreating behind your bananas with your uber back roll can be helpful too.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
z-drop them carefully, or have them sitting right in front or right behind you. Retreating behind your bananas with your uber back roll can be helpful too.
Thanks, OS.
Also, I've asked this already, but I would like more input from more players; Is it a bad idea to throw them off stage?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Thanks, OS.
Also, I've asked this already, but I would like more input from more players; Is it a bad idea to throw them off stage?
Depends on the situation. If you throw them off stage, he has to pull a new one, and thus he's vulnerable. Play as if he's going to attack you and turtle... and when he throws bananas, wreck him.

If you throw them off stage and he just pulls one while you're doing it or already has one in his hand, it's pointless and you should probably be using them against him.

Top Bottom