• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metaknight is TRASH(vs samus)=PM me when you want to lose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
#f*%jO8MG*TUh3fDORS282*$*@J!!WA92%Ykm9832BETT99239ER!!
no hes not. he does not have the placings that i do. he has not beaten the(good) people i have. all he has is sk92 and one other. you people watch his vids against s*** players and thing hes god........

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
lol what?

Match review:
Match 1: Techno wins, FD. Very close match, Xyro SD'd twice at high % with an awkward airdodge.
Match 2: Techno feels bad and picks battlefield and gets ***** (Samus ***** BF hard)
Match 3: Xyro starts shooting charge shots and techno runs into them a lot and gets hella combo'd, Xyro gets some good u-tilts and a lot more Zairs and up-B's than he has been. Techno also tries to punish some unpunishable stuff.
Match 4: Techno SD's at 110 1st stock while going for an edgeguard (Xyro was at 140) and then takes some % finishing off that stock (SH double nair ftw). Xyro does a better job of building damage and keeps up with the Z-airs and charge shots and pulls off the 2-stock.

As far as offense goes, mixing up f-airs and d-airs and n-airs from all angles seemed to be solid, crossing up with an occasional roll was good, and D-tilt whenever you get the opportunity, it'll lead to a free grab which leads to f-airs n stuff. You'll want to use N-airs and grabs with hits to build damage when you get the opportunity. >B and Tornado can pressure Samus but aren't your best options, though if you predict an attack that you can beat out with >B then go for it. As far as recovery goes, mostly just fair your way through projectiles, use a B move, and don't get Z-aired to hell.

Johns: Wifi johns, I normally don't get caught with charge shots ever, with any character, ever. There were more than a few times where I meant to airdodge and shield and ended up teching and eating a charge shot for it :( Otherwise no major johns, I think we both played fairly evenly, Xyro just did a better job of camping and building damage in the last two matches and was overall faster in close, and I did a very poor job of killing him when I had the opportunity.

I'm not going to make the Tudor comparison because the match wasn't live. Obviously Tudor is faster live than you are on Wifi, but you both use many of the same setups and timings, and have solid Samii, and Tudor spikes everything all the time. If we're going to play the name drop game I have no doubt that Nevada top 5 crew will **** everyone in Texas, all you guys have is a good Meta, a good Toon Link, Hylian and Sethlon, and only about 6 players that can compete at an out-of-state level and have yet to place.

Vegas goes out of state, beats major names (like Sethlon akakak) and wins money. You say all we have is SK92 and one other? Which one? LeoFTW? DannyKat? Peapo (7th at BIO)? DYF (13th at AZOne)? That's not even counting Reno with Tanj (5th BIO) and CBK (3rd at OMG).

Your Samus is good, but if you don't step it up a WHOLE LOT for live play, you wouldn't make 3-2 here in Vegas.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
lol what?

Match review:
Match 1: Techno wins, FD. Very close match, Xyro SD'd twice at high % with an awkward airdodge.
Match 2: Techno feels bad and picks battlefield and gets ***** (Samus ***** BF hard)
Match 3: Xyro starts shooting charge shots and techno runs into them a lot and gets hella combo'd, Xyro gets some good u-tilts and a lot more Zairs and up-B's than he has been. Techno also tries to punish some unpunishable stuff.
Match 4: Techno SD's at 110 1st stock while going for an edgeguard (Xyro was at 140) and then takes some % finishing off that stock (SH double nair ftw). Xyro does a better job of building damage and keeps up with the Z-airs and charge shots and pulls off the 2-stock.

As far as offense goes, mixing up f-airs and d-airs and n-airs from all angles seemed to be solid, crossing up with an occasional roll was good, and D-tilt whenever you get the opportunity, it'll lead to a free grab which leads to f-airs n stuff. You'll want to use N-airs and grabs with hits to build damage when you get the opportunity. >B and Tornado can pressure Samus but aren't your best options, though if you predict an attack that you can beat out with >B then go for it. As far as recovery goes, mostly just fair your way through projectiles, use a B move, and don't get Z-aired to hell.

Johns: Wifi johns, I normally don't get caught with charge shots ever, with any character, ever. There were more than a few times where I meant to airdodge and shield and ended up teching and eating a charge shot for it :( Otherwise no major johns, I think we both played fairly evenly, Xyro just did a better job of camping and building damage in the last two matches and was overall faster in close, and I did a very poor job of killing him when I had the opportunity.

I'm not going to make the Tudor comparison because the match wasn't live. Obviously Tudor is faster live than you are on Wifi, but you both use many of the same setups and timings, and have solid Samii, and Tudor spikes everything all the time. If we're going to play the name drop game I have no doubt that Nevada top 5 crew will **** everyone in Texas, all you guys have is a good Meta, a good Toon Link, Hylian and Sethlon, and only about 6 players that can compete at an out-of-state level and have yet to place.

Vegas goes out of state, beats major names (like Sethlon akakak) and wins money. You say all we have is SK92 and one other? Which one? LeoFTW? DannyKat? Peapo (7th at BIO)? DYF (13th at AZOne)? That's not even counting Reno with Tanj (5th BIO) and CBK (3rd at OMG).

Your Samus is good, but if you don't step it up a WHOLE LOT for live play, you wouldn't make 3-2 here in Vegas.
What?!?!?! LOL. Texas is huge. It takes us like 12 hours to drive out of texas. We can't just go to other states all the time lol.

Oh, and that good toon link your talking about isn't even ranked in our state. I would put money on our top 10..or even top 15 players would destroy yours :). I would also put money on Roy_R beating SK92. Hell, Xyro isn't even ranked in texas lol. Don't underestimate us :).

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
I'll take that bet at any time.

Edit: You're joking right?

You're joking? Has Roy R gotten ****ing amazing since 2 months ago?

Dojo

Smash Champion
What?!?!?! LOL. Texas is huge. It takes us like 12 hours to drive out of texas. We can't just go to other states all the time lol.

Oh, and that good toon link your talking about isn't even ranked in our state. I would put money on our top 10..or even top 15 players would destroy yours :). I would also put money on Roy_R beating SK92. Hell, Xyro isn't even ranked in texas lol. Don't underestimate us :).

I'd love to play against SK92. :)

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
I'd love to play against SK92. :)
A match I'd definitely like to see. Anyway, I'm not disrespecting Texas. You guys are good at smash, but Vegas has a few players that are on a whole different level, and no shortage of very good players. Our weeklies get 50+ entrants and our community is really strong. There isn't a player in the country that SK92 doesn't have a chance of taking a set off of. You guys have some really inventive players down there, and it's not like you don't have good spacing and basics, but playing with SK92 is like playing Halo when you've been training for Pac Man, it's a totally different game.

So guys, nobody wants a war. Xyro is trying to get his metabutt on, and he beat me solidly, so I'll leave this thread be. If you're really adamant, then I'll get some days off and we'll make a trip down to Texas for something big, and see how we do in crews.

Dojo

Smash Champion
A match I'd definitely like to see. Anyway, I'm not disrespecting Texas. You guys are good at smash, but Vegas has a few players that are on a whole different level, and no shortage of very good players. Our weeklies get 50+ entrants and our community is really strong. There isn't a player in the country that SK92 doesn't have a chance of taking a set off of. You guys have some really inventive players down there, and it's not like you don't have good spacing and basics, but playing with SK92 is like playing Halo when you've been training for Pac Man, it's a totally different game.

So guys, nobody wants a war. Xyro is trying to get his metabutt on, and he beat me solidly, so I'll leave this thread be. If you're really adamant, then I'll get some days off and we'll make a trip down to Texas for something big, and see how we do in crews.
Lol. It's hard to make an assumption of being on a whole other level based off of what? Videos? It's hard to judge off of that and extremely hard for Texas players to travel. This state is too ****ing big....Still Houston has 80+ tourneys a month. Dallas has very consistent weeklies. Our community is just as strong as others.

And I'm adamant. I'd love to do crews vs you guys. I'm sure the rest of Texas can back me on that statement. Doesn't have to be a war. All in fun bro. :)

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103

Come down for Hobo11. M2k/Azen/DSF will be there.

You can say you have players on another level, but so do we. Roy_R has tons of Falco practice vs Sethlon and yes he IS very amazing. You are talking like you go to our tournaments and know our players. You don't.

So unless you want to prove something, stop stating things like they are fact, when our regions have never played.

Tudor

Smash Journeyman
Nevada would love to crew battle you guys of course, but from my experience with Texas (and i'm not saying this applies to the whole state, just what i've seen) it wouldn't be a friendly crew battle and there would be major johns and nothing would get resolved. I know Texas underestimates us, which they shouldn't, but we might also be under estimating you guys. We would probably make more of an effort if we knew you were friendly people, but I can think of a few who are ugly, and i have yet to meet more than one nice Texas smasher (@ Smash Royale) although I would love to meet more.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Nevada would love to crew battle you guys of course, but from my experience with Texas (and i'm not saying this applies to the whole state, just what i've seen) it wouldn't be a friendly crew battle and there would be major johns and nothing would get resolved. I know Texas underestimates us, which they shouldn't, but we might also be under estimating you guys. We would probably make more of an effort if we knew you were friendly people, but I can think of a few who are ugly, and i have yet to meet more than one nice Texas smasher (@ Smash Royale) although I would love to meet more.
What are you talking about? Have you ever been to texas? I have been all over the US for tournaments and Texas is EASILY one of the nicest smash states. Our tournaments are fun as **** and we all go out and eat with each other afterwards. Why would you say something like that when you have never been to our state?

I don't assume things about your tournaments. The only thing I've done here is defend Texas. I didn't call out Nevada. I never said you guys were bad. You guys just came in here and started assuming things about our tournament scene and skill. Why?

Dacke00

Smash Rookie
Tudor covered his bases, he said he is basing his judgment from what he has personally seen, and it might not apply to all of Texas. He even said he might be underestimating you guys, then goes on to say he wants to play you to find out and meet nice Texan smashers.. Don't perpetuate a stupid argument Hylian.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
samus zair ***** me freaking mk. theres no sht able to stop something 4x my range -_- lol

but ur spikes get predictable so mix it up.

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
I'm truly worse. I have good days but most of the time, I get destroyed by my friends and other people from the SmashBoards... If I were to verse a Samus, I would lose because I wouldn't know what over prioritizes what such as the question if Tornado can go right through a Power Missile...

Dojo

Smash Champion
Please try to carefully read what people write next time.
Come up with a better argument then "Read more carefully."
It's not too much to ask. :)

Tudor covered his bases, he said he is basing his judgment from what he has personally seen, and it might not apply to all of Texas. He even said he might be underestimating you guys, then goes on to say he wants to play you to find out and meet nice Texan smashers.. Don't perpetuate a stupid argument Hylian.
There's not really much of Texas (from the Brawl community at least) that has even really traveled outside of the state except for 2 to 3 times. Sethlon and Hylian are like the only 2 I can think of. So, honestly I'm not sure how he could apply from what he's seen. One person if anything because Sethlon is the nicest guy around. Hylians a meanass. <3 Hylian :p Not really, I'd like to know specifically who he's referring to because I haven't found one foul person in our community.

Also on a 2nd note, we don't underestimate them at all. We just ask that they don't underestimate us. We need to get a tourney going with a crew battle between us. I don't see things becoming foul... That'd be ridiculous.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
There's not really much of Texas (from the Brawl community at least) that has even really traveled outside of the state except for 2 to 3 times. Sethlon and Hylian are like the only 2 I can think of. So, honestly I'm not sure how he could apply from what he's seen. One person if anything because Sethlon is the nicest guy around. Hylians a meanass. <3 Hylian :p Not really, I'd like to know specifically who he's referring to because I haven't found one foul person in our community.

Also on a 2nd note, we don't underestimate them at all. We just ask that they don't underestimate us. We need to get a tourney going with a crew battle between us. I don't see things becoming foul... That'd be ridiculous.
^^^ This.

Of course no one is gonna listen to the Texas Wario main (Lol a Wario... in Texas? Unheard of XD), but for the most part our guys are friendly.

Also, Xyro are you gonna do the Wario boards? I wouldn't mind seeing who could take you on lol.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Come up with a better argument then "Read more carefully."
It's not too much to ask. :)

This ^^^^.

Who did Tudor play that was mean? There are some people in texas that I don't like for sure, but even they are nice in person. Sethlon and I are really the only ones that have traveled out of state...and Sethlon is nice as hell lol.

It just upset me that tudor would think a crew match would go foul?!?! What?!?

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
ok guys im back on. If you wanna fight....lets go.

Hylian, plz dont highjack my thread.....ROFL

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
So, how are your matches against the MK's going if you versed any...? It doesn't seem like anyone but one person tried to verse you (the post from the guy said that he lost...)

Nic64

Smash Lord
I don't think my meta is that great but I'll give it a shot if you're on, don't get to play good samus players often enough

FC is 0602-7635-8223

l3lue2ain

Smash Journeyman
lol I was going to fry xyros samus but I saw that combo vid I know some of that crap would catch me omg. That was so sick. Lol samus is rising up the teir xyro style.

Tudor

Smash Journeyman
I don't mean to upset anyone with my comments, I just have a feeling it would go foul. The main reason I play smash is for friends. I don't want it to go foul and I would love to make more friends from Texas, it's just I get attacked all the time for no reason. I specifically said this was from my experience and that it doesn't apply to everyone I haven't met and instead of an "don't worry, it'll be fun and we're happy to meet you in person" i get something along the lines of "why are you saying were mean, WE'RE NICE! WE'll HURT YOU IF YOU DON'T AGREE!", so i just try to keep my comments to a minimum.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
^^^^ It's cool, I'm just mad that someone from Texas gave you a less than thrilling impression. :ohwell:

Xyro, do you plan on going to every character board? I like ur idea but I'm too lazy to try it out for myself lol.

DK2

Smash Apprentice
Wow, I would have expected Xyro getting a challenge from someone by now...
Hey wait nobody didn't challenge him yet, what the heck man. well I guess MetaKnight accept defeat. I guess? There's gotta be a MetaKnight out there is brave or worthy enough to challenge this guy. If he's was at the Luigi board I fight this guy head on like a crazy warrior. LOL!

DK2

Smash Apprentice
^^^^ It's cool, I'm just mad that someone from Texas gave you a less than thrilling impression. :ohwell:

Xyro, do you plan on going to every character board? I like ur idea but I'm too lazy to try it out for myself lol.
Ha I can't wait to test out both Zelda and Luigi out, I can tell it's going to be intense fighting this guy. :) but I came to late for Peach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom