• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metaknight is going to be diddy's worst matchup

ADHD

Smash Hero
It's so difficult when he gets your nanerz and gaurds them well, especially with the whorenado. His glidetoss is amazing and its incredibly difficult to get back down to the ground safely once he is in control of your nanerz. If he has control and knows how to keep them away from you, it's almost over. I've been going against the same metaknight for a while and mixing it up together and he's still ridiculously difficult, even more than falco. What do you guys think?

Count

Smash Champion
I think that NL just beat the best meta knight in the world, so at this point that does not look like it will be true. That being said, anything can happen.

ADHD

Smash Hero
I think that NL just beat the best meta knight in the world, so at this point that does not look like it will be true. That being said, anything can happen.
Yeah but right now, I doubt those high up metaknights really know much about handling the nanerz since they usually never have to fight diddy kong.

IDK

Smash Lord
means you need to keep better control of your naners. theres actually a thread on the same page that is saying diddy is a MK counter...

saberhof

Smash Master
i find metaknights to be easy, because after the slip on bananas or forget about them they start going after you, and you can shield grab them easily if you time it fast enough :O...

the tornado can be countered, not easily, but it can be countered...

but i do find this match a lil slow if the metaknight is waiting for you to get him...

ADHD

Smash Hero
i find metaknights to be easy, because after the slip on bananas or forget about them they start going after you, and you can shield grab them easily if you time it fast enough :O...

the tornado can be countered, not easily, but it can be countered...

but i do find this match a lil slow if the metaknight is waiting for you to get him...
You aren't going against good metaknights, you should be getting at least a little stressed out.

Meta is not a diddy counter at all. They are even, but its tilting towards metaknight...

saberhof

Smash Master
^ ok i accept metaknight as irritating due to his speed, but i don't let that bring me down :D...being possitive rulez :D

Esca

Smash Champion
Diddy's side-b out-prioritizes meta's tornado. Along with his ftilt. Metaknight's ground game is crippled terribly by your bananas, you just need to keep complete control. Only play with one banana and guard it with your life. It's best to down glide toss backwards your bananas against meta, or up glide toss backwards, either way, go backwards, because you need to play defensive. Wait till he gets frustrated with not being able to hit you, then use your side b. The peanut gun is also very helpful.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
It's so difficult when he gets your nanerz and gaurds them well, especially with the whorenado. His glidetoss is amazing and its incredibly difficult to get back down to the ground safely once he is in control of your nanerz. If he has control and knows how to keep them away from you, it's almost over. I've been going against the same metaknight for a while and mixing it up together and he's still ridiculously difficult, even more than falco. What do you guys think?
I think you don't know very much about competitive smash.

underscore_

Smash Journeyman
DK is AN AMAZING DIDDY COUNTER HE HAS AN GREAT GLIDE TOSS. MARTH TOO.

Who nl beat? if it wasn't M2K or Forte it doesnt matter.

Vall3y

Smash Lord
metaknight doesnt seem to me like a match up you would need to rely on bananas too much anyway
im more concerned with snake and rob possibly dedede but nl said m2k said that diddy ***** dedede

Vall3y

Smash Lord
i didnt say without bananas but they dont play a big role like, lets say, against marth, where i cant even approach without a banana

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
metaknight is never going to become diddy's worst matchup. He wont become worse than falco/wolf/peach/snake/luigi/rob.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Well, metaknight is the best character in the game. He counters almost everyone except DK. He is an extremely good character. Thats why I main him :p
well, he's a tier *****, but at least hes honest. i can respect that :laugh:

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Now that I dribble the MK match up has become so much easier because I almost never lose control of my nanas. Keep your nanas, its the key to success against any character.

Vall3y

Smash Lord
I would say the same thing about Metaknight. How do you attempt to fight MK without them?
obviously you need them, but you dont have to rely on them as much because they arent as rewarding and arent as necessary plus you dont even get much room to handle them if hes being slightly aggressive !! thats my experience , and I dont play bananas vs mk as much as i do vs most chars

Top Bottom