• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metagame Development Thread. New thing to read!

leatherhead93

Smash Journeyman
IVe been mindgaming with dthrow lately.
Most ppl will sidestep if you dthrow them *this trick is for ppl who we dont cg*
So i run and pivot grab. If they roll i can just do a dashing grab. The only thing this doesnt account for is if they roll behind you *the opposite direction you dthrow them*. This works very well on snake because most chars you have to worry about attacking in the air if you dthrow them like mk and ddd. With snake he normally wouldnt attack you at all from dthrow since his options are limited. He can ftilt but i think if you buffer dash he wont be able to hit you. This isnt something i use every single match only once and a while so ppl dont read it to well.
But anyway you could always charge fsmash and wait for the sidestep.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Against MK though, dthrow to dtilt would be a safe damage builder, and possibly open up options for follow ups. MKs don't usually dodge after a dthrow I've noticed, since their attacks are too fast for us to do anything tricky.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Sorry if I came off arrogant, honestly I'm not trying to be that way. Who else does that in Pac NW lol?

Gichan

Smash Champion
i know the argument has passed between snap and legend but I just want to say that I have never seen a post of legendary bragging about anything just simply defending wifi. Not even a brag about taking someone to one stock or anything.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
dthrow will only work against bad people/people who dont know how to play wario

so enjoy it while it lasts lol
How is a move buffered out of a dthrow thats guaranteed only work on bad ppl ? That's like writing off Wario's Cg.... do you realize how stupid you sound?

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
How is a move buffered out of a dthrow thats guaranteed only work on bad ppl ? That's like writing off Wario's Cg.... do you realize how stupid you sound?
im obviously talking about using dthrow on people you can't CG/buffer stuff on ******.
i was replying to leatherhead's post.

uthrow is a much better move for setting up opponents to be read/baited then wafted on or w-e

next time read the thread before you post

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
im obviously talking about using dthrow on people you can't CG/buffer stuff on ******.
i was replying to leatherhead's post.

uthrow is a much better move for setting up opponents to be read/baited then wafted on or w-e

next time read the thread before you post
Maybe you should of made that clearer in your post. It's not as if your post was right after leatherheads.

I don't think uthrow is much better than dthrow. I think it depends on the circumstance stance where you're at on the stage and who your opponent's character is. It's not as though you can just uthrow over dthrow no matter the situation.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Yeah, any of the lighter and/or floatier characters can DI the dthrow upwards and then use a move/jump afterwards before even hitting the ground. If you're in the opponent's head though, there's no problem with going for a dthrow read at all though.

Personally I love reading rolls and dodges after dthrows and punishing with wafts.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Well guys. the new tier list got leaked or something and ive heard that wario is now 6th.

I agree with his placement if thats what it is.

what do you guys think?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I still think he should be 4th, no lower than 5th, but I'm retiring soon, so I don't care, lol.

The tier list is basically a subjective popularity contest due to how the BR does their ranking system, and I still feel like the Character Ranking's List thread heavily skews/influences people's opinions of how good characters are.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
In attempt to get this thread on the right track. I would like to bring up Aggro vs Camping.

Which is more effective and why? Why is aggro so popular? Why is camping so hated. Which is better for Wario ? Which leads to more success at high levels of play ? What match ups do you camp or go aggro on? What stages?

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
In attempt to get this thread on the right track. I would like to bring up Aggro vs Camping.

Which is more effective and why? Why is aggro so popular? Why is camping so hated. Which is better for Wario ? Which leads to more success at high levels of play ? What match ups do you camp or go aggro on? What stages?
I think that camping is overall more effective than being agressive just because Brawl is a defensive game.

I always go aggro on anyone that can outcamp me, like ROB,Olimar, and Falco.

I always play defensively against Peach,D3, and Marth because of how badly they can **** us up if we're not careful.

I'm more campy on FD because of GR shenanigans and more aggressive on BF.

leatherhead93

Smash Journeyman
Shouldnt you always ban FD against ppl who have GR on you? Thats probably warios worst neutral anyway. Get ***** by ddd.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero

those are my problems.

whats the point in a meta game development thread if all were going to do is talk about the same ****ing thing over and over?

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Shouldnt you always ban FD against ppl who have GR on you? Thats probably warios worst neutral anyway. Get ***** by ddd.
nah not really. against a marth you dont really wana waste a ban on a stage that he wont go to. besides marth will get -super- out spaced by wario :p

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i wish someone would think of something cool to talk about.

how do you play without getting grabbed so much?
i get grabbed a **** ton
AL hardly ever abuses grab release.
usually only to kill or if they are behind.

but when i go to GA i get 3 stocked because all you annoying ****s grab release...
it's like when you guys face a wario you dont even try to play the matchup...you just go for the grab... literally... the whole match.
i need to get better vs. people like that.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
i wish someone would think of something cool to talk about.

how do you play without getting grabbed so much?
i get grabbed a **** ton
AL hardly ever abuses grab release.
usually only to kill or if they are behind.

but when i go to GA i get 3 stocked because all you annoying ****s grab release...
it's like when you guys face a wario you dont even try to play the matchup...you just go for the grab... literally... the whole match.
i need to get better vs. people like that.
Maybe because you said yourself that you always like going for grabs (wario interview thread) as your main play style. Also GA doesnt grab release me because the CANTT! the exeption of albino but he messes up infinites against walls on rainbow cruise and ends up losing the set. if you know that they are going to grab. Just bait. they normally will try to shield grab so just eat them and spit them back out cuz georgia is just too salty for anyone to eat. Yes this includes wario GET AT US!

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691

those are my problems.

whats the point in a meta game development thread if all were going to do is talk about the same ****ing thing over and over?
Oh I'm sorry if you want to run any thread that I'm currently in control of I have no problem of giving you control of them.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Oh I'm sorry if you want to run any thread that I'm currently in control of I have no problem of giving you control of them.
Guys lets just get past this and move on with life. ****ing hate when arguments break out on bull**** topics. Lets not turn into atlantic south.

Who likes female chest? MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Ways not to get grabbed:

1. Short hop Dair into them or their shield, the DI back out. This works against people with bad standing grabs. If they try to grab you, they will miss and you get a free Fsmash.

2. Against pivot grabbers, don't try to follow them when they are running away, you will get pivot grabbed. Just be patient and don't fall into their bread and butter traps.

3. Against characters with huge grab ranges like DDD, you have to be tricky. Full hopping a dair onto them/their shield, and if they don't angle their shield up, it has a large chance to shield poke them. If they are hit, you can combo into a double clap at low percentages, at the least just 1 clap. You have to use platforms to your advantage in these matchups. Switching it up between grabs, dairs and bites for approach, and learn how to follow up extremely well.

4. Against people that shield grab all the time, just bite them or grab. Wario's standing grab range is like 3/4 of DDD's aka loooong.

5. Jab-grab combos are a pain, and are hard to avoid because they are so quick. Either spotdodge, or simply don't get jabbed (lol). Against Peach this is a pain, and I found it easiest to not get jabbed (easier than it sounds).

Just mainly stay airborne a lot, but vary it up. Don't be too predictable, or you will be getting grabbed left and right. Encourage your opponent to grab release you a ton. That alone will make you avoid getting grabbed as much lol.

Waft-OLi

Smash Journeyman
Possible Wario finding?

Ok so i was recently practicing vs snake and i realized that after bite on snake from like 35% he falls onto the ground, and most of us DACUS after that. Well i had a Tire with Wario and instead of Dacus i threw the Tire and it caused snake to fall into a jablock state (where he has to get up forcefully) I think the Snake can tech it ofcourse, but it give's the snake player another reason to be even more careful. I will post a video soon for you guy's.

Top Bottom