• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metagame Development Thread. New thing to read!

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
You know what you can do to D3 that's hilarious, though? You can footstool his up B multiple times and rise up all the way with him. It's great.

QueWhatHuh

Smash Cadet
i love doing that, getting bite with their upb by the edge. then when they spit out just footstool their upb > upair.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
I found a new tire combo!!!! If you have a tire and you chomp someone at really low percents, you can do a long glidetoss to Fsmash for like 40%. I think it has to be buffered though. It stops working past 20%. this means that you can't go over 20% while chomping or the combo won't work

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
I found a new tire combo!!!! If you have a tire and you chomp someone at really low percents, you can do a long glidetoss to Fsmash for like 40%. I think it has to be buffered though. It stops working past 20%. this means that you can't go over 20% while chomping or the combo won't work
I found this out a while ago.

on snake or D3 you can Bite>bite>glide toss tire throw>jab>Grab>pummel> fthrow. Good damage. or instead of jab>grab you can Fsmash

^ heavy characters.

others you can Bite> glide toss tire (farthest glide toss possible with wario) Fsmash or jab cancel throw (jab cancel throw with 1 pummel does more damage than a fresh fsmash and it makes you look cooler, all warios wana look more BA)

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
If it's at the percentage which bite > glide toss is guaranteed (low), then fart is guaranteed, and will do more damage than anything else you can do.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Peach matchup was addressed in the interview thread I believe, I'd like some insights on it as well. I'm losing to pretty much every Peach there is with my Wario, but haven't had too much issues with my extremely rusty and long-time-unpracticed Marth.

In my experience, Wario doesn't really have a solid approach and can't effectively camp Peach. I feel like whatever approach I try to commit to, it has the risk of getting grabbed because if I try to space around grabs, her other moves will get me xD

Her OoS game is so abnormal against Wario, and Wario's OoS game seems to fail against her aerials (SH nair is just too slow in many cases). Landing a fart is only really possible in my view if Peach is taken offstage, and even then it's kind of a pain to land, it usually gets fully charged because of the slow nature of the MU, which doesn't really contribute to killing Peach. Fsmash: no way. Ftilt: not practical, at all. Uair? Stale, most likely. Leaves me with bair, or something.

I don't know, perhaps I'm seeing this MU all wrong, but I don't quite understand how Peach can be considered approachable.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
It's quite understandable, all of those problems are things that occured to me online, so I tried to approach Peach in a different way.

You have fair to approach with, poking her for steady damage, space out her fair like you would marth, it's much easier than to approach marth with your own fair anyways cuz it has slow startup time. She only otherwise use her nair, and unless she lands immediately it has ending lag that you can punish.

If she lands quickly for slaps, try power shielding and grabbing her out of that. DO NOT try grabbing her from a landed fair, you'll only get slapped. Also, if she doesn't come down from her aerial approach after using an attack, you can nair her for the interruption.

OoS is fun, because you are basically playing paper rock scissors with her. You have a small amount of time to do what you want, so you can either

spot dodge/shield
attack/grab
air dodge away/behind

Spot dodge will beat her attack/grab, attack grab will beat her shield/spot dodge, and air dodging away/behind her will allow you to space correctly.

You don't know how many times I've spot-dodge-whored out Peaches and they couldnt grab me out of it. It's funny XD

The main issue here is whether you can avoid a lot of her stuff. Which you can. You can air camp her, steal her turnips, dodge them whatever, and you can also use your bike against her. She is CONSTANTLY floating around if she is not using her turnips, so the best thing you can do is have a bike laid out so you can throw it at her, along with your tires.Peaches get caught into the bike combos so easy if they dont have a turnip every second.

Waymas

Smash Journeyman
im recently having abit of trouble with ddd prolly kause im not campin correctly. I think im spamin dair too much and its leadin into pivot grabs.

Any tips?

Should i use more nair, fair pokes or possibly stay more on the ground?.

I was thinkin on usin more bike game plus tires , less dair and more fair pokes.

Any suggestions?

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Dont start using the bike until you can confidently approach D3 without it. Which is like, once in a blue moon on FD. But in all seriousness, YI/Lylat are good neutrals, then SV (imo), then BF. Always strike FD.

For Dedede, you can platform/air camp and grab him out of aerial approaches. Once he notices this he'll stop being stupid and go for more clever approaches, like utilting you threw a platform, or uairing you just outta reach. This moves are laggy, and can be punished if you are quick about it.

For the pivot grabbing, you can predict where he ISN'T gunna grab and reverse chomp them there. It's hard, but for the most part, they are gunna grab facing the farther side of the stage, so they get more CG's, so thats how you know where to land behind him. This is only true if you're not grab-releasable to kill.

Also you could just avoid him altogether and wait for him to approach. This is where bikes come in. You can pull out a bike and wipe it out/jump off of it at the ledge if he's far away, wait for his waddles to be thrown at your bike. Help destroy your bike along with him, get a tire, and then you have something to punish his waddle-throw froma distance. He eventually has to approach you during all this, and that's what you want. It's much harder to approach him.

Just stay on the same side as the shortest path to the ledge so you don't get CG'd to infinity X_X

This is all Ican tell you Im still workin on the DEDEDE matchup myself.

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
DDD isnt that bad. You don't even have to camp him. Just approach but space so he cant grab you. You might get baired a couple times but condition him to jump and then just run under and grab. Once hes offstage just combo him.

Padô

Smash Lord
im recently having abit of trouble with ddd prolly kause im not campin correctly. I think im spamin dair too much and its leadin into pivot grabs.

Any tips?

Should i use more nair, fair pokes or possibly stay more on the ground?.

I was thinkin on usin more bike game plus tires , less dair and more fair pokes.

Any suggestions?
Boring matchup.
Seriously.

Well, I'll share my personal experience on this.
I used to spam a LOT OF Dairs on this matchup, it seemed to work really well on the beggining but then the DDD just got used to it and ***** my *** out. So I started to change my playing style a lot. I started to really use a lot more Fairs and Bairs, but also being really careful about his Bair (stupid move). Use bite wisely here while falling and buffer a jump when you land on the ground to guarantee you are 100% safe, also do get to used to it because he'll punish whiffed bites.

The point is: Just don't get into patterns in this matchup. You MUST mixup ALWAYS, DDD loves when you start doing the same thing over and over, he can punish patterns really well speccialy agaisnt Wario, I bet you got UTilted when you tried to approach with Dair no high %s.
Tires and Bike helps a lot on getting through DDDs brickwalls and his camping game, it helps you on mixing up and stuff too, but use it wisely since if DDD gets a grab and your bike is on the ground you will find yourself in a really bad position.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Apologies if this already known but Wario's bike can act like a jab lock. :chuckle:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DGFVqruNa4k&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DGFVqruNa4k&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
@ Scabe - yes. yes it is. Its just so rare no one ever talks about it XD. nice video

Top Bottom