• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight's New Matchup Discussion Thread: Snake *Complete*

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
What should be done about grenades?
Should we just shield them? Throw them back? Jump out of the way?

Snake poops out grenades way too much for my liking. :[

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
There's a lot of stuff we can do about them.

I'll be cutting parts from good posts to make a summary soon and hopefully it should explain it.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
gtfo Quivo with your trolling.

Anyways, about the Snake match up.. <_<

Ftilting is bad, dash attacking or even dashing at all in this match up is bad. (all of those set up for snake to down throw you into , or pivot grab you) I just have trouble figuring out when to approuch when he is making it rain. xD Also after playing Kel's snake a ton, I'm afraid of Snake's randomly uairing me. @_@ That move makes me scared. I shouldn't be because I'm mk and the air should be where I'm safe, but sheesh. :<

QUIVO

Smash Master
It's a strategy that could work...

By the way, if he's "randomy" using uair against you and it's working, it's because you're being predictable. Mix up when you jump in the air, or the spacing of your jumps if you're dair camping.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
gtfo Quivo with your trolling.

Anyways, about the Snake match up.. <_<

Ftilting is bad, dash attacking or even dashing at all in this match up is bad. (all of those set up for snake to down throw you into , or pivot grab you) I just have trouble figuring out when to approuch when he is making it rain. xD Also after playing Kel's snake a ton, I'm afraid of Snake's randomly uairing me. @_@ That move makes me scared. I shouldn't be because I'm mk and the air should be where I'm safe, but sheesh. :<
I think Snake has pretty good air options, sure he doesn't thrive there like we do, but don't get yourself down about getting hit by one of his aerials, they're good and shouldn't be taken lightly. I disagree about Ftilt against Snake, ours out ranges his, you just have to space it, and don't use it on block, that's when it's bad and when you eat his Ftilt.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
I think Snake's air options are highly unde . I try not to take them lightly.
Ftilt has potential in the MU but maybe only used after a grab, because if he sheilds and is even only hit by the first two, and we're stuck in that ******** animation, then he gets an ftilt. I don't like the damage trade. @_@ One thing I've been trying to do more, is to edge guard snake.

Also Q I wasn't air camping, lol.

QUIVO

Smash Master
Then like I said, mix up when you jump... or maybe you can enlighten us with when he hits you. He shouldn't be hitting you that much with uair..

theunabletable

Smash Lord
After Bio and getting more experience in the matchup, I really think that staying grounded isn’t optimal in this matchup. You most certainly can win by spacing well on the ground, but dair pressuring him until you have a tornado opportunity just seems, in general, safer. And especially after rewatching stuff like M2K vs Ally from Columbus.

Imo if you play aggro in this matchup, it’s really even, but if you camp, it’s in your favor (maybe like 55-45 or something, but I dislike ratios).

That’s my opinion. I’m a bad player and my opinion could be completely off, so take it with a grain of salt :p

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
Then like I said, mix up when you jump... or maybe you can enlighten us with when he hits you. He shouldn't be hitting you that much with uair..
He isn't hitting me ALL THE TIME with it, he's me with it on occasion.
Most of the time when we're both in the air, I'm trying to hit him and such, but when I retreat is when he goes for the uair. :p

TheJerm

Smash Champion
7 pages for this match up??

Doesnt all MK have to do is dair camp till he gets the first hit. Then run for the rest of the time.

80/20 Mk

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
7 pages for this match up??

Doesnt all MK have to do is dair camp till he gets the first hit. Then run for the rest of the time.

80/20 Mk
Ah! It's you!

The guy with the avie that I drew from facebook like a year ago!!!

How'd did you get that pic?? O_O

TheJerm

Smash Champion
I was on facebook, but I don't remember how I came across it. Thought it was awesome. But I'll take it down if you want. I asked you in that other thread but you never replied

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
Oh, no you are fine. I never saw your reply. o_o

Yeah I drew that for my old friend Tegan, yeah I'm not her friend any more. lol
xD That pic is a blast from the past. I should start drawing on fb again.
I love purple toon link. He's Supah!

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Is this right?

Snake

Oh Meta Knight vs. Snake…The classic brawl matchup. These are pieces of great posts that hopefully give a good understanding of the match up. I'm not exactly sure I'm doing this right :(

Important aspects of this matchup:

MK doesn't REALLY gimp Snake...He puts him in a terrible position offstage, but a good Snake shouldn't be getting "gimped" per se.

If he nade pulls and doesn't shield drop it and cooks it/runs to you to grab/shield, Dtilt is amazing here. If it hits, he has like no options. And it can really only be punished if he perfect shields it. And Dtilt won't blow it up.

Juggling is really important in this matchup. He’ll probably wavebounce a nade when he’s going in one direction, so be weary of that. Tornado can be helpful when he is in the air, but be careful of his BAir from above if you nado.

Rethrowing his nades back at him is a viable option, but situational. He can shield drop another one and you’re ****ed, so be careful. Learn to instant throw (you should know how to do this for the Diddy matchup, too). But remember, be careful with throwing his nades.
If you get a stock lead (or even a good percent lead maybe) you CAN camp him and possibly time him out.

Mostly everyone already knows this, but in case new MKs read this, when Snake uses his cypher, you can aerial up-B him, and you’ll knock him away, and you’ll hit the cypher and be safe.

Fairing right outside of Snake's ftilt area is good because:
-Beats dash attack
-Catches Snake's who like to walk forward with a grenade (facing away)
-Catches Snake's Ftilt limbs from the correct distance.
The best "kind" of grenade Snake can use on MK is the soft lob, it's annoying, if it touches you it's %2 or so. Believe it or not, lobbing dmg adds up! Especially if you start getting blown up by them. The trajectory limits MK's mobility on the floor, if you run you might get Ftilted and so on.

Snake downthrows in certain stage positions are scary sometimes, during those situations the MK should probably use the options least expected. Even if it's stupid. Here's why:

-A Snake downthrow with the MK facing the edge is practically death, he holds shield and waits for any roll, get up attack etc. You're dead. You might as well try something silly like staying on the floor and wait for his shield to get small enough to poke him with the getup attack. You're dead anyways, might as well take the riskiest route to get out of that kind of situation. You have nothing to lose.
ecently, Snake's have been using upairs and bairs, if you expect them then you'll probably never get hit by them. I honestly think Snake's aerials are amazing, they just require specific knowledge of when and how to use them.

When juggling, take the position that you know if he keeps going you will upair him. If he wave bounces, you can land and run quickly to his landing and punish. It's a presence control of the stage, even if Snake isn't near yet it still serves purpose to punish the possibility of Snake's trajectory.

To be honest, Tornado isn't great vs Snake, there are better options. Everyone expects it anyways, it's only useful vs a landing Snake. But I would personally rather grab any day. Or use it with the Dair bait. Nothing special.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
I said Snake at first
We are discussing the Peach vs MK matchup lol.

My mistake :o

edit: should I even be posting this here?
MK boards can be confusing ....

Kaffei

Smash Hero
How on earth do you get hit by that many Fsmashes are you a story book or something

Player-4

See you in 25 years
How on earth do you get hit by that many Fsmashes are you a story book or something
<object width="380" height="285"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NLUSBrHe8Yw&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?color1=0xe1600f&amp;color2=0xfebd01"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NLUSBrHe8Yw&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="380" height="285"></embed></object>

Like that^ (this is dphat vs razer btw)

Top Bottom