• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Vs. Kirby

DFat2

Smash Journeyman
Ok, I'm asking this question in general to know opinions. It's crucial to get Good MK's opinions here or experiences:

When you go after Kirby to Shuttle loop him, do you ever expect him to use Rock?

You as a MK player, ever expect a Kirby to use rock on you, in such a way that you punish for it? Or have you ever gotten hit by one/Hit some one trying to use Rock on you?

Don't answer in theory or give me a Hypothesis, just answer, do you honestly expect him to use Rock?

Hiza

Smash Apprentice
Personally I dont expect it from a good kirby- as they get better, most kirbys taper off use of DownB. So I dont really expect it. Also I think a decent kirby would fear the punish on it afterwards, you may be able to aerial after it ends, but Metaknight is a beast of retribution, and will most likely just set up somehting new.

So all in all, I say that I wouldn't expect it. Well-timed brick would **** mah shuttle.

Hiza

Smash Apprentice
idk, most people are good enough to read a shuttle before it happens, at least with an airdodge.

Vel

Smash Apprentice
The main reason I use SL on Kirby is because I expect him to use rock - if MK is under Kirby, he just can't get out from under Kirby fast enough, so SL is my best bet to punish him for getting above me

Hype

Smash Lord
Rock has so much start up time you can should see it coming. shuttle loop will come out way quicker.

Lol @ a thread with the exact same title being locked right below this.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I don't expect good Kirby mains to use rock much, but I look out for it just in case.
Some stage's you won't see it coming, like slanted stage's for example, you won't expect Kirby to use Down-B just the way you though. Sadly, I abuse this move to the point that my foe's won't see it comming. And sadly, Down-B is effective on Meta Knight in the air, (well, sadly for you guys =P)

Rock has so much start up time you can should see it coming. shuttle loop will come out way quicker.
The start up time on the ground would be a split second, but in the air would be a second and a half, if your in the air in a middle of a move, you normaly wouldn't have time to dodge it. I'll say if you face a Kirby main that uses this move too much, then you can see pass it, but if you face a good Kirby main that knows how to use Stone really well, then it could be trouble to not get hit by it, you would either shield or dodge which would make you fall right into a trap, (I won't get into detail, you have to Brawl a good Kirby Stone user to know how to deal with them).

the loop is to fast, kirby won't even see it
If your in the hit range of him you could use this, but if Kirby's too high and you use this move, you will get hit if he's above you. As I will say, if you use Stone too much, it will be readable, but not if you use well. You don't see good Bowser mains use Bowser Bomb too much because... it will be readable. Stone you could fall with it, or cancel it, or make a mini earthquake with it on the ground, so it's not easily readable if you use it well.

The main reason I use SL on Kirby is because I expect him to use rock - if MK is under Kirby, he just can't get out from under Kirby fast enough, so SL is my best bet to punish him for getting above me
Only way you would expect that if you Brawl a Kirby that uses this move too much. What if he use Hammer in the air instead of Stone, then at that point you would be screwed worst than getting hit by the Stone because you won't see it comming, what if Kirby use Final Cutter, that has more hit box than Shuffle Loop. So yea, don't expect the same thing from every Kirby main.

Vel

Smash Apprentice
Only way you would expect that if you Brawl a Kirby that uses this move too much. What if he use Hammer in the air instead of Stone, then at that point you would be screwed worst than getting hit by the Stone because you won't see it comming, what if Kirby use Final Cutter, that has more hit box than Shuffle Loop. So yea, don't expect the same thing from every Kirby main.

The problem is that MK is slow in the air, so if I'm under a good kirby, there's not much I can do to get out from under him (assuming he's got decent reflexes), so I'm screwed either way. SL is the quickest attack to either hit him first, or get out from under him

Sometimes I can throw SL out fast enough to catch him, sometimes he's faster and either Rocks me, or Final cutter/etc . ..

Just depends on who's faster and can predict their opponent better

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
Good kirbies will predict the SL and yes they will rock. (fromundaman does this) Most of the time the rock will break SL but sometimes you can get the b-cancel fast enough, FF and punish. Recently though i have been baiting the rock and then punishing. It all just comes down to who predicts what and when.

-Syn-

Smash Cadet
Kirby's rock is one of the easiest moves in the game to get around, whether you predict it or not. It's startup time is huge making it very easy to SL and even easier to air dodge... regardless of MK's slow horizontal speed air dodging it is a joke.

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
no, good kirbys know that the shuttleloop will get them a little away in the first place and the mk has to to dodge, roll, run, or wutever to get away from it

Fox_kirby

Smash Rookie
No and how the heck do yall ppl have a MK pic at the bottom of the thing about yall??? Anyways if you do a good shuttle loop he wont be able to use rock...

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
When your Kirby you know what areas on the stage MK will use shuttle loop, either near the edge, or as an ending combo. It's easy to predict a edge guarding shuttle loop. And as an MK player, I'm always looking out for stone. Stone is actually good to use if you use it wisely. If MK is stupid with using the tornado you can stone him out of it as well.
The best thing Kirby can do is against MK is use hit and run tactics, because MK's next hit will usually always beat yours in speed.
While MK is edge guarding Kirby, Kirby should recover from up high. B-airs can help cover you for a bit, its your best option for coming back

Anachronism

Smash Rookie
Kirby's rock is one of the easiest moves in the game to get around, whether you predict it or not. It's startup time is huge making it very easy to SL and even easier to air dodge... regardless of MK's slow horizontal speed air dodging it is a joke.

This.
Stone startup>>>>>>>>>SL startup, which means you not only have to schedule the stone on your calendar, but the MK has to keep the appointment.

ckm

Smash Journeyman
This.
Stone startup>>>>>>>>>SL startup, which means you not only have to schedule the stone on your calendar, but the MK has to keep the appointment.
well put, sir! made me laugh.

Top Bottom