• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Q&A Thread

Zinc Elemental

Smash Journeyman
First of all, and like to thank everyone who's been answering questions on this thread.

Second, I've got some questions of my own. When do you use each of Meta Knight's throws? I tend to use the down throw almost all the time, and occasionally the up throw when I want them in the air. Do you suggest using forward and back throws at all?

Also, in what situations do you use the nair? Should I short hop it more?

Thanks in advance.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Second, I've got some questions of my own. When do you use each of Meta Knight's throws? I tend to use the down throw almost all the time, and occasionally the up throw when I want them in the air. Do you suggest using forward and back throws at all?
D-throw - Great for comboing. You'll want to use this at low percentages.

U-throw - MK's strongest throw (12%-13%?). Mix it up with D-throw at lower percentages. Also its a potential KO move, so you'll wanna try using it a very high percentages too.

F-throw - Best used to set up a shuttle loop kill when your opponent is at around 100%. It can also be pseudo-chained on heavy characters at low percentages.

B-throw - Best for horizontal kills close to the edge.

Also, in what situations do you use the nair? Should I short hop it more?
N-air has great KO potential; try to mix it up with your shuttle loop when edgeguarding.

Zinc Elemental

Smash Journeyman
That's mainly where I've been using the nair: off the edge. Should I use it more on the stage, though?

Also, does anyone have any idea what percentage up throw kills at?

Zinc Elemental

Smash Journeyman
Hmmmm, those don't seem to be useful percentages to kill at...I've almost always down smashed or gimped someone off the stage by the time they get to the percentages for most of that list.

Oh well, thanks for the link.

ihatemybrother

Smash Journeyman
So... Is it good to claw the uair combos so that I can maximise my aerial movement and keep a string going instead of ending with a different aereal?

Tbagz

Smash Journeyman
Anyone have any advice for handling a campy Wolf?
Nada, believe it or not ive never played a campy wolf, but im sure dojo can help you out, try the infinate dimensional cape to a downsmash, to a f-tilt, and take advantage of him till he doesnt know what do to, but what ever you do , when you close in DO NOT LET HIM GET AWAY

Zinc Elemental

Smash Journeyman
DK can take a lot of punishment from MK, but it often only takes one major slip-up for the Meta Knight to get cleared.

His range helps him, too.

Clevr

Smash Apprentice
I'm having trouble making my Tornado go upwards. I've tried moving the Control stick upwards, C-Stick upwards, holding down Y, and it still doesn't go up.

This is a problem. I'd like an answer.

Thanks in advance.

ihatemybrother

Smash Journeyman
Rapidly press B to make the tornado rise.
The duration will also last longer.
If you want the duration to last long, but not rise off the ground, press B only 1-2 times per second.

Roager

Smash Ace
Matchups

Does anyone here know any bad matchups for MK, besides projectile spam? Any input appreciated.

Arekku

Smash Rookie
Im having horrible trouble trying to figure something out...
Lets say an enemy knocks me upwards, when i fall, i cant recover to the floor to save my life. (The enemy just keeps juggling me, my down a's dont cant stop em cause my sword is short.)
Any advice how to recover with this problem?

Also, any uses for DC aside from edgehogging and Infinite cape?
(and i need help with infinite cape too XD)

Thanks

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Im having horrible trouble trying to figure something out...
Lets say an enemy knocks me upwards, when i fall, i cant recover to the floor to save my life. (The enemy just keeps juggling me, my down a's dont cant stop em cause my sword is short.)
Any advice how to recover with this problem?
Air Dodge

Also, any uses for DC aside from edgehogging and Infinite cape?
(and i need help with infinite cape too XD)
Nope, not really. It's too slow.

Quez256

Smash Journeyman
Odd, I usually use Dimensional cape to fastfall to the ground in order to escape a juggle. Using it to get behind someone when recovering can be useful as well, since it leaves them in range for a D-smash, and they usually never see it coming.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Odd, I usually use Dimensional cape to fastfall to the ground in order to escape a juggle. Using it to get behind someone when recovering can be useful as well, since it leaves them in range for a D-smash, and they usually never see it coming.
Ah yeah, didn't think of that.

Mindgamez son.

Knyaguy

Smash Lord
Im a vistor to the Meta Knight Boards and was wondering, can you do the down-b stall with the Wiimote+Nunchuck with up on the d-pad as up smash?

Zinc Elemental

Smash Journeyman
I certainly wouldn't consider the DC to be a good move, but you can use it on occasion as mentioned just to mix things up and throw your opponent off.

Dojo

Smash Champion
He's talking about the infinite I think.

In regards to that, I heard its easier on the wiimote nunchuck.
Just try it out. See how it goes.

Justaway

Smash Apprentice
above 120.. dunno, depends who you're fighting, just use it when you see the chance.

what's faster jump canceled up+b or dash>shield>up+b (with tap jump on)??

Dojo

Smash Champion
Tornado breaks through his neutral b. Just dont spam it plz. >.>

Just space yourself with sh fairs and dtilt/ftilt exchanges and you shouldn't have a whole lot of a problem with dsmash. As far as thunder you can airdodge through it, and do whatever you want because of pika's afterlag.

Top Bottom