• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Officially Banned!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Totally legitimate question.

If, within the next year, it is discovered that Diddy Kong or Olimar or whoever has the tools to break the game in the same fashion Meta Knight does with the ledge, or everyone and their grandmother flocks to Diddy or Olimar or whoever to the point of overcentralizing the metagame once again, would a poll to gauge opinions on banning THOSE characters appear, or would the MK decision be reversed, and MK would be made legal once again to balance power, albeit risking an MK overcentralized metagame once again?

Everyone imagines a brighter future with MK gone, but I'm curious about possibilities if a darker future arises.

Or maybe I'm just thinking too far ahead, lol

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
It's never enough time for some, thus the "wait until after Apex" posts.
That's more to do with people who main MK having already registered, booked flights and hotels, then finding out that their character isn't allowed with them wasting money. It's flat out not fair, hence the bit about after Apex.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I highly doubt you are aware of the higher levels of play my friend. ;)
Not on here, but i've faced ppl from AllisBrawl, and they're pretty good. What I should say is that this thread obviously makes MK look like a God. "He's too good." JUST SAY IT! XD Seriously, he's not, you agree?

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
That's more to do with people who main MK having already registered, booked flights and hotels, then finding out that their character isn't allowed with them wasting money. It's flat out not fair, hence the bit about after Apex.
I never actually thought of it this way...

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
As I stated earlier in the thread, I don't know if the community will accept any more stages. It's hard enough for the community to accept PS2, most want it gone because it isn't in the norm for older stage lists. If people can't accept PS2, I feel like people would drop Unity if like Japes or Norfair were added.
Ps2 is a BS stage though and there are parts of it that changes a characters physics so I can understand why someone would be upset about it being banned. However, in some regions like TX and MW people used to play on stages such as pitcshat(plz don't bother bring that back) Luigi's mainson, Norfair, Pirate Ship, and Japes. A couple of stages were banned because of how good MK was on them and other were just banned.

So MK being banned the stage list and the ruleset needs to be looked over again. If people have a problem with the URS then I guess they could use a different rules it's not as though the Unity ruleset is god for tournies to go by. Hell, APEX is going to ban brinstar and RC and those stages are legal according to the Unity ruleset.

Besides if we continue to limit the stage list even after MK is gone you're just going to promote a stale metagame of Snake d3 falco ic's and diddy or some type of variation on those characters. I also feel as though having CP's is something extremely vital to smash which makes it unique ( I could be off base here) but some stages do lend it's self to that.

But yeah man def get these stages back though since it'd be good for the game. Just say no to ps2 IDK why anyone would want that to be legal and keep pictochat banned.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium

If, within the next year, it is discovered that Diddy Kong or Olimar or whoever has the tools to break the game in the same fashion Meta Knight does with the ledge, or everyone and their grandmother flocks to Diddy or Olimar or whoever to the point of overcentralizing the metagame once again, would a poll to gauge opinions on banning THOSE characters appear, or would the MK decision be recanted, and MK would be made legal once again to balance power, albeit risking an MK overcentralized metagame once again?

Everyone imagines a brighter future with MK gone, but I'm curious about possibilities if a darker future arises.

Dude, I think no matter what were always gonna have people that flock to the new best character. Moneys on the line. We'll being seeing alot more diddy and olis i'm sure, but those characters arn't as big of a threat as MK. Meaning ya won't have to pick up one or the other to stand a chance.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
Not on here, but i've faced ppl from AllisBrawl, and they're pretty good. What I should say is that this thread obviously makes MK look like a God. "He's too good." JUST SAY IT! XD Seriously, he's not, you agree?
MK definately has no weaknesses. If a little guy with light weight can pose such a significant threat, he deserves to be dealt with like a man.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
If I was running the tourney I'd tell everyone to take that short. But that's me ^_^. LoL.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Diddy, the "best" character in the game now, has an even MU with Mario.

This is how huge the barrier between MK and A Tier is.

M@v

Subarashii!

If, within the next year, it is discovered that Diddy Kong or Olimar or whoever has the tools to break the game in the same fashion Meta Knight does with the ledge, or everyone and their grandmother flocks to Diddy or Olimar or whoever to the point of overcentralizing the metagame once again, would a poll to gauge opinions on banning THOSE characters appear, or would the MK decision be reversed, and MK would be made legal once again to balance power, albeit risking an MK overcentralized metagame once again?

Hard to tell. What I can say though is if diddy started being dominant, people would stop being lazy and learn the infinite every character has against him.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Diddy is NOT as hard as MK, and never will be. MK was much worse.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Hard to tell. What I can say though is if diddy started being dominant, people would stop being lazy and learn the infinite every character has against him.
How could diddy be dominate with falco out there?

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
He has no bad matchups, only 3 are considered neutral, and he ***** everything thats not. he's short, with some of the quickest, most higher priority attacks. He has no problem killing thanks to his gimping abilitys and, Up-b which is quick and gives him some invincibility to beat out a lot of other moves. On top of that MK is not put into a helpless state after it. Its basically Ryus shoryuuken on steroids. He has the best recovery in the game by far, and his light weight is ignorable thanks to his stupidly quick U-air used to DI. Also the *****nado destroooooooys entire characters alone.

MKs dumb. :l

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
If a character ultimately turns out to be as dominant as MK, I would advocate for MK to be re-legalized in a heartbeat rather than try to ban the new dominant character.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
If a character ultimately turns out to be as dominant as MK, I would sooner advocate for MK to be re-legalized in a heartbeat than ban the new dominant character.
Better yet, stop playing the obviously-****ty game.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
No character will "turn out" to be as dominant as MK, we have a very good idea of how everyone plays by now. If anything, lower tiers are kind of unexplored, but trust me, we won't see Zelda skyrocket to SS tier anytime soon.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
No character will "turn out" to be as dominant as MK, we have a very good idea of how everyone plays by now. If anything, lower tiers are kind of unexplored, but trust me, we won't see Zelda skyrocket to SS tier anytime soon.
I take offense to that Zelda ***** get the memo.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
By the way I main Snake/Diddy. This ban makes me want to quit. Theres no challenge in beating someone who can't even use their main.
What does everyone but you play MK?
I'm sure there are other people who don't main MK you can beat, and I'm sure the MK mains can find a new main (I know I will).

M@v

Subarashii!

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
What does everyone but you play MK?
I'm sure there are other people who don't main MK you can beat, and I'm sure the MK mains can find a new main.
na that guy is the best snake to ever do it and is bored now that there's no more mk's to challenge him...who are you to question that guy.....

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
@AlMoStLeGeNdArY: I don't underestimate Zelda, but yeah, she won't be top tier. Same with Jiggs (my main) or any other low tier.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Landing the infinite on Diddy comes down to him giving up a banana, which you can't depend on at all.

Xiao-Xiao

Smash Journeyman
MK was the only MU that I had left to master. But I guess I won't bother trying to become a better player. I'll just ban him instead of learning how to beat him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom