• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Officially Banned!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
Sakurai never said that Smash is not meant to be competitive.

In fact, if you do your research, you'll see that Sakurai DID say that Smash is meant to be played as a sport.

He makes a big point in interviews to point out that Smash was his attempt to create a fighting game that kept all the good things about fighting games but was easier to understand.
I don't really do my research, I'll be honest. Lol.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
I don't recall one single character dominating so much in a fighting game. Even ultra-unbalanced games like MvC2 are not THAT bad.

Balancing him won't be that hard, if they decide to. I may try him if he's mid or lower in the next Smash.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I don't recall one single character dominating so much in a fighting game. Even ultra-unbalanced games like MvC2 are not THAT bad.

Balancing him won't be that hard, if they decide to. I may try him if he's mid or lower in the next Smash.
Well, obviously someone misunderstood this logic -_-

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord

Aaaaaaaaaactually...ST Akuma. But yeah, he was basically a boss character slapped into the game anyways, and those tend to be banned just on principle.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace

I want to see Ganondorf use his sword damn it. He is mocking all of us right now, because he isn't even using 00000000000000000000000000000.1% of his potential.

M@v

Subarashii!
Honestly, I'd like mk to keep his disgustingly good recovery. Maybe even his speed. Just nerf his power and priority, ESPECIALLY shuttle loop. That was he HAS to to rely on aggressively going offstage and gimping people off the sides for kills. He would has almost 0 kill power on stage.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691

You really need to pay attention to 3rd strike more. I believe Chun Li dominates that game and the next closest is yun followed by Ken. If you look at the recent evo results for that game it will be chun chun and more chun.

As for MVC2 it's cable sent storm and magz. Then varations most played teams are prob MSP (mags/storm/psylock). Still dominated that game very top heavy consider it's a cast of 56 and outside of maybe 13 characters no one gets touched with a 20 foot pole.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Gannondorf failed with his sword for a taunt -_- I don't wanna even go with the LoZ series nemore (unless Y.Link is back :) ) He has the sword, but DOESN'T USE IT?

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Honestly, I'd like mk to keep his disgustingly good recovery. Maybe even his speed. Just nerf his power and priority, ESPECIALLY shuttle loop. That was he HAS to to rely on aggressively going offstage and gimping people off the sides for kills. He would has almost 0 kill power on stage.
If you're going to nerf him how bout you nerf his ridiculous range ? There's no reason for a character that comes up to most characters knees to out range Marth snake and DK it's simple idiotic.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Actually, Sakurai does have intentions or so it seems since he recently posted a picture of him studying Ken's hitboxes from Street Fighter IV, it seems like he's intending to progress it further, more distant from what Brawl was, but also not exactly like Melee.

:phone:
id like to see this pic of sakurai. source?

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Range, priority, absurd KO power, "un-punishability". He can be mid or lower without these.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
True. Perhaps a more extensive announcement explaining why they chose to ban MK would've been better. Like explaining the two character specific rules, matchup spread, charts, and similar things. The way it is written though is fine. It's short, sweet, and lightly covers pretty much everything. Only downside is what you said, it's not really that impacting.
Twinkie, we wrote exactly why we banned MK in the OP :\

Croi

Smash Lord
I wouldn't mind if MK were high or even top tier again in SSB4, just because somebody has to and it could just as easily be MK again. As long as he's not as bad (good) as he is in Brawl, he ought to be fine.

My favourite suggestion for nerfing MK was keeping just about everything, but have things like the first two hits in his fair/bair/ftilt etc not do any knockback, on the idea that he's cutting them so quickly that they can't feel it. That and either do the same thing for nado, or have nado push opponents away rather than suck them in.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
I personally don't want him to be top because Kirby characters are too awesome to be abused by tier w's :p

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
oh, lol

What I get from not reading 20 posts immediately :(

Will go back

Twinkie, we wrote exactly why we banned MK in the OP :\
Mhm. Like I said, It's short, sweet, and covers pretty much everything.

All I'm saying is that a little more detail (or links to more information) wouldn't hurt.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Will any banned stage be considered legal now? That'd be even more sweet.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Norfair? I'd die of happiness.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
OOOOOOH twinkie is referring to the article the URC wrote which is copied onto shoryuken.com. The part my eyes skipped because I've already read it.

It has become abundantly clear that I should sleep

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
If you ask me, Lucario VS MK is the ****.... When the game was released. Now I crush all MK's with Aerial Guard. SO why don't EVERYONE ELSE?

OOOOOOH twinkie is referring to the article the URC wrote which is copied onto shoryuken.com. The part my eyes skipped because I've already read it.

It has become abundantly clear that I should sleep
Perhaps I didn't make myself clear? :urg:

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
That sucks, but people who left because MK might come back. So it's a fair trade, I guess.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Mhm. Like I said, It's short, sweet, and covers pretty much everything.

All I'm saying is that a little more detail (or links to more information) wouldn't hurt.
Some people posted numbers.

The committee was like "AW **** SON, MK IS BROKEN, I VOTE TO BAN HIM."

"k guys when do we unveil this decision that was a forgone conclusion and took 5 seconds"

- cue actual discussion

There was no scientific process at work here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom