• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight - Behind the Mask

Rkey

Smash Journeyman
I think this is where to post this.

I managed to chaingrab MK's downthrow, I don't know if you guys know but I just wanted to say it. MK can chain throw that is.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412

I managed to chaingrab MK's downthrow, I don't know if you guys know but I just wanted to say it. MK can chain throw that is.
MK can't chain grab. Your opponent just needs to DI correctly after you D-throw and you can't re-grab.

RazeveX

Smash Ace

lol. the downthrow is something that chains 99% of the time on computers and 1% of the time on real people. In fact if you try and chain it against a person, you'll likely cop a fair to the face (or something similar).

Zinc Elemental

Smash Journeyman
lol. the downthrow is something that chains 99% of the time on computers and 1% of the time on real people. In fact if you try and chain it against a person, you'll likely cop a fair to the face (or something similar).
I've never seen it chain. If it does, what percentages/situations does it chain at? Are you sure it isn't just your opponent responding badly?

Slithe

Smash Apprentice
I've found possibly two other good combos with MK. How's about these:

N-Air + N-Air + D-Throw + Mach Tornado (This can do up to 60 Damage on your opponent. Works best at lower percentages)
Neutral A + D-Smash (Works when you accidentally might hit the Neutral A button or when you feel like doing, but I think it works best when your opponent is down and laying on the ground so you can Jab Lock them a bit before switching to D-Smash)

Slithe

Smash Apprentice
Just in case anyone missed it, I found out a few good combos with MK, unless someone already posted it, but I don't mean to be spamming if so.

The combos are:

1. N-Air + N-Air + D-Throw + Mach Tornado can do around 55-65% Damage to your opponent and works best at low %'s.

2. F-Throw + Shuttle Loop does around 15-25% to your opponent (depends on if it's sweetspotted though)

3. Neutral A + D-Smash haven't found out exact damage, but the D-Smash helps when you accidentally Neutral A your opponent or when your opponent is laying down on the ground so you can Jab Lock them for a bit prior to D-Smashing them.

PCHU

Smash Lord
I don't see anywhere about Metaknight's chaingrab.
Unless I didn't search all the way.

Anyway, I'm notorious for finding already known things, so forgive me.
Dthrow chain, anyone?
Really hard to start out with (I tested on Link, and you have to run and grab before you think you would need to grab) but I've done it a few times online.
I'm guessing it only works on heavy people and fastfallers?

Anyways, sorry to bother.

Oh crap, I didn't see the last page.
SORRY you guys.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
I don't see anywhere about Metaknight's chaingrab.
Unless I didn't search all the way.

Anyway, I'm notorious for finding already known things, so forgive me.
Dthrow chain, anyone?
Really hard to start out with (I tested on Link, and you have to run and grab before you think you would need to grab) but I've done it a few times online.
I'm guessing it only works on heavy people and fastfallers?
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=5138296#post5138296

Rkey

Smash Journeyman
Ok, good to know that the MK-community is smarter than me. Otherwise, I would get scared...

tonyrulz92

Smash Apprentice
I don't play meta but i think that its logical that there is this combo. Do a d-tilt into the first two hits of the mach f-tilt and immediately d-smash. Tell me what you think.

GreenLincoln

Smash Rookie
Reverse Shuttle Loop

I just got the game and fall in love with MK, he's awsome. But i can't perform the so called reverse shuttle loop. i've been practicing a lot but it just won't come out. i press thye opposite direction he's facing right after up B but i can't change the direction of the loop; i usea a GC controller...any tips?

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
I just got the game and fall in love with MK, he's awsome. But i can't perform the so called reverse shuttle loop. i've been practicing a lot but it just won't come out. i press thye opposite direction he's facing right after up B but i can't change the direction of the loop; i usea a GC controller...any tips?
If I were you, I'd post your question here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=177200

Joxer

Smash Apprentice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJej6kCgxVM
This is all frame data on how fast each character’s hitboxes come out. The frame speed is based on the ratio 1 frame: 1/60 a second.

A few notes…
*The number of the frame is when the hitbox first appears, meaning that any attack that is set in an arcing motion will not necessarily be there at the end of the move.
*Transformations, Charging moves and moves like “Wings of Icarus” do not create hitboxes, so they are described as “???”
*Charging attacks are not included in these moves, only the moves themselves. For example, DK’s Giant Punch hitbox is only correct if the move is fully charged and does not need to be prepared to do so.
*If you think anything is wrong, notify me and I will change it.
* The information is not 100% accurate, there might be a small margin of error. There may be some small degree of inaccuracy, but it does give us some kind of view on each characters hitbox speed.

Meta Knight
Jab: 7

Forward Tilt: 3
Up Tilt: 8
Down Tilt: 3
Dash Attack: 5

Up Smash: 8
Down Smash: 5
Forward Smash: 24

Forward B: 25
Neutral B: 12
Down B:???
Up B: 8

Forward Air: 6
Back Air: 7
Down Air: 4
Up Air: 2
Neutral Air: 3
I found some useful frame data that you can add to the guide

MetaZeph

Smash Rookie
has anyone seen the anime, kirby: right back at ya? apparently meta knight has a room in dedede's castle and he has a HUGE jar of candy in it, that would make kirby jealous :O

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I don't see why this guide is not still stickied. >_>
I guess many hours of toil and research just isn't worth looking at.

I found some useful frame data that you can add to the guide
The frame data I was working on I wanted to hold off in adding until I double checked it. I don't see much of a reason to update this guide right now since it's not even stickied.

Edit:
Actually, those numbers match mine, so I guess the double checking is finished.
(Didn't see any Ledge Attack frame data there, though).

Top Bottom