• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Memphis Area Rankings and tournament thread

Comrade

Smash Journeyman
Yea man I'd love to play you sometime soon! I think the next smash-get-together is at powerplay this wednesday, do you think you can make it?

I'll see if Zulu, Lupin, and R&B will come, our crew is trying to get better haha, and the best way is definitely playing better players. we play each other waaaay too much.
It's just **** incestuous is what it is.

I should be there this wednesday and I'll probably end up dragging parker along.

CO

Smash Ace
NNID
CO_Runaway7
3DS FC
3136-6583-7782
That's not really how Power Rankings work...haha. It's just a ranking, it's not really like Mortal Kombat where you have to beat everyone one after another.
I like that idea better.

Nite

Smash Champion
:ohwell:.... but what if it was
I call Human Smoke.
Yea man I'd love to play you sometime soon! I think the next smash-get-together is at powerplay this wednesday, do you think you can make it?

I'll see if Zulu, Lupin, and R&B will come, our crew is trying to get better haha, and the best way is definitely playing better players. we play each other waaaay too much.
I might be able to. I can't drive myself there, but maybe I can find a ride. And that's true. Gotta play better players and make each other better. That's why traveling is so good for experience.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
arby i want to have a rank set with you :D
I'm a bad player with good moments who knows you well enough to beat you. The new placing would not feel legitimate. Wait until I magically make a breakthrough playing Yoshiman and/or you once a week :laugh:

Vts

Smash Champion
I'm a bad player with good moments who knows you well enough to beat you. The new placing would not feel legitimate. Wait until I magically make a breakthrough playing Yoshiman and/or you once a week :laugh:
♪ i do believe every tournament i've beaten you so get at me (cmon accept my challenge and lets **** this bracket up). ♫

:psycho:

♪ but really put me lower on the list as like idk VTSjr- kirby :D ♫

♪ also i'm taking on a pupil to train but requirements are you must be until rank 10 (hint hint yoshi), just have an open mind and willing to lose a lot to learn. ♫

Jartravious

Smash Journeyman
♪ i do believe every tournament i've beaten you so get at me (cmon accept my challenge and lets **** this bracket up). ♫

:psycho:

♪ but really put me lower on the list as like idk VTSjr- kirby :D ♫

♪ also i'm taking on a pupil to train but requirements are you must be until rank 10 (hint hint yoshi), just have an open mind and willing to lose a lot to learn. ♫
Come to Memphis more and play me vts

Vts

Smash Champion
Come to Memphis more and play me vts
♪next week i'm off wednesday thrusday friday saturday. ♫

♪ give me a place to stay and i'll come play for 2-3 days and help you guys. ♫

♪ but give me address and i'll see what i can do. ♫

♪ you should come to arkansas this weekend its gamecon's melee prelims on saturday it will give out a lot of good practice. its $5 and its pools no bracket the best record get basicly 2-3 byes in the bracket in sept for the main tournament. ♫

♪ but i'll be picking mu pupil soon (jack iori and nite should do this also but doubt it will happen). ♫

♪ if anything i get dibs of being iori's pupil :D ♫

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
♪next week i'm off wednesday thrusday friday saturday. ♫

♪ give me a place to stay and i'll come play for 2-3 days and help you guys. ♫

♪ but give me address and i'll see what i can do. ♫

♪ you should come to arkansas this weekend its gamecon's melee prelims on saturday it will give out a lot of good practice. its $5 and its pools no bracket the best record get basicly 2-3 byes in the bracket in sept for the main tournament. ♫

♪ but i'll be picking mu pupil soon (jack iori and nite should do this also but doubt it will happen). ♫

♪ if anything i get dibs of being iori's pupil :D ♫
Well toast said he quit, so I might just have to take you up on that.

Vts

Smash Champion
are you saying iori is an orangutan

♪ no that i am the orangutan and he is the man with the Erupting Burning Finger!!!!♫
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwyVV5_orBo

:D

♪ Arby I got a CD u might want once u can clear off some more room on your HD. ♫

♪ just got done watching the wobbles vs iori matches :(. u were doing so good until 1 grab, bs of a move. ♫

Ambix

Smash Ace
Has anyone else noticed how creepy looking general grummans facial expressions are in FMA brotherhood?

At first he was like this:

But THEN he was like THIS:

Nite

Smash Champion
GGs at PowerPlay. Next time I'll get around and play more people. I kinda just played 2 people I've never played before (Trip and someone else?) and BunBun.

CO

Smash Ace
NNID
CO_Runaway7
3DS FC
3136-6583-7782
Good times playing with other Smashers again. I was loving some teams too, though Jack's partner's name escaped me. Good shiz. Next time I want to try and play some new(to me) people.

Jack - If any videos make it up, let me know.

*edit*
Nite informed me that IHSB's partner was Cyner.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
So yeah CO and Slinky should have a spot on this, in all likelihood 12 or higher. I was only holding my tongue before because they could reasonably be considered "inactive", but that's obviously not the case.

SmashterLink

Smash Ace
It was awesome to play some dudes from the old days (Iori and IHSB). Always good to play you guys. Good shiz in teams too jack and cyner. Me and Nite were talking on the way home and said we will be making it out to more of the these on Wednesdays...CO too. So I hope to play some new people next time.

Ambix

Smash Ace
Did anyone that went to shaka's smashfest a few weeks ago happen to find a pair of blue john lennon glasses?

I left them there and i'd like 'em back if it isn't a bother.

N-e-m-e-s-i-s

Smash Rookie
Hello Everyone, it's your friendly neighborhood Morgan, reminding you that Wednesday nights are free SMASHFESTS at PPVG!

Six TV's and Gamecube/Wii's provided, but bringing your own setup is A-OK!
Smashfest is BYOC--I only have a few controllers.

Smashfest starts at 7:00 P.M. and lasts until 9:00 P.M.

The best part is--- IT'S FREE!

We're located at:
Power Play Video Games
841 N. Germantown Parkway
Cordova, TN 38016

also contact us at 901-552-4272

Feel free to show up early-- Friendlies and whatnot are available after 5.

--M2

DJRome

Smash Hero
question: how do the people other than iori, ihsb, and nite do oos? I have never heard of these names and am curious

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
So I may be building a crew fit to rule a kingdom. I need a queen, a princess, a knight, a jester, and a Wizard.

I want Ambix to be the princess, and vts to be the jester, cyner should definitely be the knight. The rest is up for grabs. I will try to get a picture of us together.

Vts

Smash Champion
So I may be building a crew fit to rule a kingdom. I need a queen, a princess, a knight, a jester, and a Wizard.

I want Ambix to be the princess, and vts to be the jester, cyner should definitely be the knight. The rest is up for grabs. I will try to get a picture of us together.
done i'll be the jester

and outside of state i do ok.

nah i fail lol.

Nite

Smash Champion
I was thinking Nite should be the Knight, but what do I know?

Edit- I thought Shaka was above BunBun cause he beat you and cyner in a challenge match? lol

Ambix

Smash Ace
question: how do the people other than iori, ihsb, and nite do oos? I have never heard of these names and am curious
I haven't gone out of state in almost 2 years.

The last tournament I went to was in georgia....I think it as "The greatest Smash Tournament Since Brawl Came Out" by Prac in 2008 and I didn't make it out of pools because I gave my bracket spot up to a guy named hat from maryland due to a dispute with the pool sheets.

I'll be going to FAP next weekend though. I want to start doing tournaments again.

I used to do decently enough OOS though.....I was like a less versatile version of ihsb. My lack of other playable characters usuaslly got me to brackets but unless I got lucky with matchups i'd got knocked out 2-3 rounds later.

I actually went to highschool with pikachad and myztek. We started playing together in 2005 and we started a crew called don't make last. I just don't post on the boards often. 119 posts for 4+ years.

[QUOTE="iori]I want Ambix to be the princess,[/QUOTE]

You're a gutsy man.

There are few who'd want their princess to be a fat white guy.

Top Bottom