• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Memphis Area Rankings and tournament thread

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
Arby is my eternal rival and friend. We have come to a conclusion on our theme:

BunBun - Red
Arby - Green

VTS - Blue
IHSB - Yellow (lol)

OH OH can I be white, so I can make jokes like why can iori see though cinnamon toast cruch?

@buns about the rankings, who is going to challenge me honestly? Just for fun put me at the bottem and see what will happen.

BunBun

Smash Master
OH OH can I be white, so I can make jokes like why can iori see though cinnamon toast cruch?

@buns about the rankings, who is going to challenge me honestly? Just for fun put me at the bottem and see what will happen.
I dunno if you can be white, because she's not in any of the group pictures I have.

I put you as emerald, because you don't have a main and use whatever character you feel like, just like emerald has no pokemon and just uses whoever he wants to win.

Also, good idea. You can be like the boss checking in on everyone as you repeatedly go through the PRs

CO

Smash Ace
NNID
CO_Runaway7
3DS FC
3136-6583-7782
We did Challenge Matches when we did Mid-South Power Rankings. Just thought they were kinda dumb lol. I don't actually remember being challenged though. xD
I agree with him. When I was on the power rankings back when, I couldn't play friendlies because my time was taken up with a billion challenge matches. I ended up forfeiting them later so I could play other Smashers.

Joot - And dont worry. Nite will be at FAP. Whether he likes it or not.

Jartravious

Smash Journeyman
I dunno if you can be white, because she's not in any of the group pictures I have.

I put you as emerald, because you don't have a main and use whatever character you feel like, just like emerald has no pokemon and just uses whoever he wants to win.

Also, good idea. You can be like the boss checking in on everyone as you repeatedly go through the PRs
Should we just have the top place be able to challenge anyone or something? That way the rankings will stay accurate and won't require as much updating.

BunBun

Smash Master
The only way to have decently drama-less PRs is with a ranking system. At most, a challenge will be 7 matches. That's like half an hour. No johns.

Sorry if you guys think they're dumb.

Vts

Smash Champion
So after one day of the Power Rankings being active SHAKA beat Cyner and BunBun. **** good stuff Memphis, lets keep it up.
♪ update that list if this is true bunbun lol. ♪

♪ idk why i'm 4th i wanted to slowly work my way up to challenge the finally boss named iori :). ♪

♪ you can be my rival iori! ♪

Nite

Smash Champion
If we're gonna have these challenge matches that must be accepted, I have to ask one thing. Am I allowed to say "**** your challenge match and let's money match!"? Do they have to accept that?

BunBun

Smash Master
Since so many people are *****ing about challenge matches, I'm debating the idea of two separate lists. One real PR list based on tournament results, and one list of challenges that seeds those tournaments.

Nite

Smash Champion
I just don't think they are going to work out in the long run. 4/7? It's gonna take forever at a tournament if a lot of people try to do challenge matches. We just won't have enough TVs/Time for that in my opinion. But really, it's up to you guys if you want to do challenge matches. I personally don't think challenge matches are needed for a drama free power ranking.

Anyway, challenge match me, I'll forfeit then place higher than you in tournament. Hahaha.

Jartravious

Smash Journeyman
I think if you really didn't want to do it most players would be understanding enough to allow you to play friendlies or do whatever. I would bet people would allow a change in the number of matches if both players agree.

Nite

Smash Champion
It's been working perfectly at Purdue for the past year.
That's cool. I'm just saying, we've tried this before. It didn't really work out and we ended up going by tournament results. I definitely feel that the sets should be no bigger than 3/5. I mean, we don't even do 4/7 for grand finals which determines more than a challenge match anyway.

I'm down for whatever other than 4/7 challenge matches. xD But we have to start having gatherings and stuff so this stuff can take place.

Jartravious

Smash Journeyman
Hey Bun, if you could add Peach in front Falco next to my name that would be very appreciated.

I thought laggy TV's invalidated challenge matches?
The match happened at my place after we left power play.

Off topic, I want to play your Peach and get some tips.

Edit. Apologize for double posting

Ambix

Smash Ace
Derp try reading posts before you comment.

We bring our own stuff to Power Play now.

Sorry my man but i'm a REAL nigga.

Everyone knows REAL niggas don't follow instructions.

jartravious said:
Off topic, I want to play your Peach and get some tips.
I might come to the next powerplay tournament if I think there's going to be a decent turnout. The only thing stopping me from going out to cordova is gas money.

If anyone else has a get together before that let me know and i'll show up.

the rest of the thread said:
Challenge matches are dumb
I'm not too worried about the actual rankings themselves but there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with another excuse to play more matches with people.

....especially you nite....

Shaka03

Smash Rookie
Yay VTS! haha i'd love to learn more about the IC's match-up and sheik match-up, so that works out well.

let me know whenever you can come up to memphis!

Nite

Smash Champion
BunBun- Forgot about PowerPlay lol.

Ambix- True. Anybody who wants to play though, just ask. xD

Shaka- Good ish man. Haven't played you yet, but I met you at Jack's. I wanna play you and your crew. I think I've only play R&B so far.

Comrade

Smash Journeyman
Baha, Cyner beat by a falcon punch on the last stock of the set. That was beautiful, Shaka. Mmmm next wednesday looks to be pretty intense!

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
BunBun- Forgot about PowerPlay lol.

Ambix- True. Anybody who wants to play though, just ask. xD

Shaka- Good ish man. Haven't played you yet, but I met you at Jack's. I wanna play you and your crew. I think I've only play R&B so far.
@nite dude powerplay is being more than generous to allow us to use their venue. In retrospect I don't recall any tourney being hosted by you, and buns is also working towards building up pr(power rankings) and casual gameplay.

:ohwell: What are you doing?

Nite

Smash Champion
o.o All I said was I forgot about PowerPlay...

Ya know, meaning that I didn't remember that they hold gatherings. Did I say anything bad about them?

What are you doing?

Nite

Smash Champion
I love you too.

Anyways, all drama aside, do the power rankings however you want to. I only have input about challenge matches. I think they should be 3/5. That is all.

Vts

Smash Champion
♪ got my futon built and about to put a melee set up in my room ♫

♪ arby i want to have a rank set with you :D ♫

♪ bunbun put me like 15th so i can work my way up like i wanted to ♫

Nite

Smash Champion
♪ bunbun put me like 15th so i can work my way up like i wanted to ♫
That's not really how Power Rankings work...haha. It's just a ranking, it's not really like Mortal Kombat where you have to beat everyone one after another.

Shaka03

Smash Rookie
Yea man I'd love to play you sometime soon! I think the next smash-get-together is at powerplay this wednesday, do you think you can make it?

I'll see if Zulu, Lupin, and R&B will come, our crew is trying to get better haha, and the best way is definitely playing better players. we play each other waaaay too much.

Top Bottom