• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Memorable Spikes

Chaos Swordsman

Smash Apprentice
Wanted to make a thread for some laughs. What's your best spike? Was it one that made you go WTF? Or was it a spike that was just plain epic?

Discuss, plz.

I'mNotFire

Smash Rookie
A Sonic was stalling under Final Destination with homing attack. This was in a hacked taunt party with one player being Giga Bowser.

I picked up a pitfall and dropped below the stage level. I then threw the pitfall onto Sonic and he died.

shinyspoon42

Smash Journeyman
Memorable Spikes- the ones on Bowser's shell.

Also, once I was Ganon, and I spiked three people at once offstage, then one of them used up-B and I spiked him again. It was epic.

Axx o Nn

Smash Rookie
There's nothing better than a Ganondorf warlock-punch stage spike. It's like a suicide KO except cooler. I love that.

I also had this one Fair spike with Dk, it was epic. I was on my way to the bottom of the screen and just knocked down the other guy with me.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Well, one time I used Falcon's nair on Ike, used nair again to knock him off stage, then meteor smashed him. Sweet.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I downB spiked someone an inch away from the ledge as ZSS, and he slammed all over the bottom part of Battlefield, from one side to the other, then died on the farthest blast zone.

It was amazing.

Zyph73

Smash Rookie
Generally most spikes against my friends tend to be memorable as they can never get them working on me. Any spike with Ganondorf's mighty stomp is noteworthy, especially when they are sent down through water.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
My most memorable spikes. Bair with Bowser on FD and Lucario on PS1 with his dash attack at GiGaBrawl.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Pulled off a pretty awesome spike against a Snake with Charizard earlier today in teams, and during friendlies Fart-stage-spiked a peach as Wario.

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
I didn't spike but I got spiked by my own teammate Snake while I have trying to help him get back on stage as he was getting harassed by the other team. I flew from near top blastzone to bottom.

Avalancer

Smash Journeyman
One's on the Spear Pillar I spiked my friend's falco with M G&W in the middle of the stage JUST when the middle broke.

Epic.

n88

Smash Lord
Playing as Ganondorf, vs. Toon Link, I SD'd. Fortunately, he chose to taunt directly underneath the spawning platform. I spiked him off the stage and got a Star-KO. Not very epic, but memorable.

My favourite spikes were:

When on With Anyone and on FD, a rather irritating Ike grabbed the ledge, his invincibility frames faded and I, as Meta Knight, used Up-Special near him. He bounced off of the small diagonal side of the stage, got KO'd, and then the timer ran out.

I got on Ganondorf for fun during a Taunt Party, but then a P2 came in and attempted to zap us off of Delfino with Thunder. Funny thing was that when he/she jumped backwards over the ledge of the stage, I hit D-air and Pikachu flew down for a hilarious KO.

The Brigand

Smash Cadet
Given that I'm a Ganondorf main, every spike is a memorable one, and therefore I don't really have any.

That said, I saved the most memorable one as a screenshot.

Mostly because it looks like it shouldn't have happened, really.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
The time I spiked this guy in Temple. We were in the gauntlet(who doesnt love it there) and as bowser I hit them with the top of my shell(3 people here) and all of them were bouncing on the walls left and right until they all fall through the gap/at the bottom and die..... that was awesome(and thankgod my friends are all smash ******* and smash noobs:chuckle:)

Chaos Swordsman

Smash Apprentice
I just remembered one of my own spikes. It was a With anyone team battle on FD. I was TL and my partner was Marth. We were going against Lucario and Olimar. Marth had managed Fsmash them off the edge. Olimar was hanging to the edge with his pikmin and Lucario was above him. I jumped above Lucario and spiked him into Olimar killing them both in one shot. They quit afterwards. :D

UncleSam

Smash Master
I was screwing around with TL and I discovered a Dair-pogo-Dair-pogo-toadstool-Dair
60+% damage of pure awesome.
toadstool spikes ftw

Ninja Kirby Nick!

Smash Lord
That's not what your mother said last night Trebek
✿Kirby meteor smash, then footstooling the opponent, causing MAXIMUM damage :laugh:.✿

✿Falcon recovery, then stage spikes the opponent :chuckle:!✿

✿I remember one moment in brawl when I was in Team Battles and I (along with my partner) was Falcon. The stage was FD, and my ally was trying to spike a Marth player. He managed to finally do it to him off-stage, and at the same time, I falcon-PAWNCHED him xD!✿

✿That may have been the most epic K.O. I've ever given to someone.✿

stealthwarrior17

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2938-7216-1604
Most fun spike for me is when i play zero suit, get edge hogged and then I special up B them (her whip upward) pulling them down and we both die...hilarious.

Most epic was with Ike. My friend was recovering back to Battlefield with Olimar. When he got on the edge, he let go for a moment to jump (trying mind games), I down tilted and he got spiked but diagonally basically scrapping the underbelly of Battlefield. The bunch of us screamed "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" XD.

mars16

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5429-8906-2115
I was using Mario and I Hit Fox off the stage he turned into fire Fox but I was faster and spiked his *** so hard he was flying upward instead of down.

.WC.

Smash Journeyman
My best spike ever was actually two spikes. I was Snake, my opponent was Falco. I spiked him down to the stage, managed to knock him off with ftilt, and then I jumped off and spiked him out of his recovery (the illusion, obviously).

Octane

Smash Rookie
D-air spiking a Kirby on Frigate Orpheon as Ganondorf when the stage was flipping.

Too good.

Popcornio

Smash Apprentice
I did one recently against my friend.

Me: Toon Link - Him: Diddy - Stage: WiFi Training Room (on BBrawl)

He started his usual banana game but I finally managed to hit him on the right side of the stage. Then I did the following...

Up-Tilt > Up-Tilt > B-Air > B-Air > B-Air > D-Air Spike

...It was a 0-to-death combo.

Later that day I got spiked by another friend by Luigi's D-air. O_o

JOE!

Smash Hero
my favorite spike was when my friend and I were fooling around on Rumble falls of all places

I was pikachu, he was Ike, and he hit me with Dair at like...110% or such on the part where youre on the ladders and platforms, and i managed to ricochet off EVERY SOLID WALL in the place, circling the stage like twice before hitting the evil Spike of doom (to the left) and dying....

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
My brother edited a bunch of characters with Project SA (I think). It was my Phoenix Mario (made by someone else) vs. his "Crazy Gannon" (made by him). He made Crazy Gannon so that his second jump is equal to Yoshi's second jump, but without the fluttering. So his second jump is completely amazing. I was Phoenix Mario, using his down+b under the stage over and over again (which makes me stay in the same place forever), hoping to outstall him, when he jumped under the stage, spiked me, super jumped back up and survived.

It was epic xD

Gordo Michael

Smash Journeyman
I got a stage spike with Snake's box on my friend's TL. :laugh:
It was on FD and he usually wall jumps underneath the edge, so I taunt and get him with the box as he jumps off lol.

ElectroBlooper

Smash Cadet
A couple days ago, I was playing a team match. We were double ROBs, they were Fox and Pikachu. The stage was Yoshi's Island. We had just won three matches in a row against them. One of our opponents, who hated fighting ROB (hence our team combo), kept insisting on rematches. On the first stock of this match, when they were both off the edge on the right side of the stage, I jumped off the upper platform and spiked Pikachu. Pikachu went hurtling downwards and knocked Fox out of the air as he was recovering from below the stage. Neither made it back. A split second of silence. Then everyone but the ROB hater burst into laughter. He was just like "No. No more" and he ended the match right then and there, but I managed to save the replay on my SD card before we exited the ending screen. That sir, was a memorable spike.

I am not equipped to upload it or I would.

jkjway

Smash Rookie
I once had a team match where I was Samus, teamed up with Game and Watch, versus Ganondorf and Sonic. G&W and Sonic were off fighting some mediocre battle, while Ganon and I were duking it out. In the last 7 seconds, we were tied, both teams had 0 points, and we (Ganon and I) were both trying to spike each other, and at the last half second, I spiked Ganon into the side of the edge, ko'ed him, and won the match. I saved the replay, but I have no idea how to upload it. If I could, I would.

Top Bottom