• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee Tournament Mafia! Game Over, Town Wins!

In normal situations, I'd be gunning for Vult Redux but all bull**** aside, we got an inno read on him last night. I dunno why Red Ruy keeps trusting us with the shots but it is what it is at the moment. The amusing thing here is that, from what I remember, there's not a protective. If, whoever it is, steps up and admits it, they probably won't get lynched. They certainly won't get NKilled.

Right now we have to fish through the vanillas. Red Ruy's cleared. Gorf's cleared. As much as I hate to say it, Vult's cleared (my head will come in and disagree with me on this but I really think we're better off leaving him alive for now since we know what he is). That leaves Joey and Gova and I don't like Joey's hammer. Joey dies today, Gova tomorrow.

vote: Joey

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I know. Just make sure you're right with Gova/the person you lynch afterwards so we don't lose the game in lylo.

:172:

Gorf recruited us. The remaining player is a non-killing Indy or inactive SK Gova. LyLo will be ourselves, Gorf, and Red Ruy. If it gets to that point, Red Ruy dies.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
You came back as innocent.
Well, duh.

All fun aside, can you list your investigations? I thought RR was sending messages or something.

I'd really like to compile all the info so I can make an informed decision.

Also, if someone is a protective/blocking role they should come clear, imo. It's not me.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I trust AM with cop shots because he hasn't proven himself to be scum at this point. I trust him.

I'd prefer a Gova lynch over Joey, Joey is here Gova is not while Joey has done something. /inactive hatred.

But fine I'll go with it.

Vote: Blue Berry

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
I don't understand how Gord recruited someone if he had no shots left (or if he did have shots left and tried to recruit me and it didn't work, why he's not lynching me right now).

I don't understand why we are lynching if apparently there's no killer and we have a psuedo cop.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Gord, is AM mod confirmed town to you? Also I find it more likely one of the claimed power roles is scum. There's 4 PR's to the 2 VT's left alive and it just seems unlikely to me based on setup/claims.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
@Mod: Could you update the OP? Also is it possible to see what a player's role was before they become a "Recruited Crew Member"?

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
We've had one night where there was no scum kill.

I'm not going to assume that Red Ryu or you are lying and are actually bullet proof indies today simply because I doubt both me and gova are VT's.

Vote: Gova

You can vote me, or you can vote Gova. I don't care which, since we'll prolly both end up lynched within the next two days. Just choose one.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
We've had one night where there was no scum kill.
Twice. Night 2 AND Night 4.

You can vote me, or you can vote Gova. I don't care which, since we'll prolly both end up lynched within the next two days. Just choose one.
Since there's only been two kills on the night the Crew Leader targeted scum, and a 4-man scum group isn't plausible, why should we lynch anyway? Wouldn't you be more comfortable with using the (tentatively free) investigations?

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
We had a kill every night besides night 2 and 4 (night 4 being where we have no scum members left).

Sure, we can investigate everyone, but what will that do when they all come up innocent? Theres no scum left. It's an Indy. Indy's almost always come up innocent to cop investigation.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Vult said:
I don't understand how Gord recruited someone if he had no shots left (or if he did have shots left and tried to recruit me and it didn't work, why he's not lynching me right now).
Yep you got me. I'm scum and you should lynch me.

Are you joking?

If I tried to recruit you and it didn't work... I'd be dead.

@Gova...

Gord said:
Confirm'd AggroMed ain't dat indy.
No. No he's not.

Vult said:
So the mod's been stopping the scum kill?
Remember when AggroMed spoke about "unkillable indys"? Yea you should consider that.

J-_-EY said:
Sure, we can investigate everyone, but what will that do when they all come up innocent? Theres no scum left. It's an Indy. Indy's almost always come up innocent to cop investigation.
Am I just, like, not here?

#HBC | Gorf

Ayy Vult baby you Gova and Joey are the only squares over here that aren't confirm'd. What about we go on ahead and lynch you, so that if you ARE town, you can go ahead and twilight shoot one of the two other afromentioned players? Just so we can get this game going a bit faster. Sound like a fair deal?

#HBC | Gorf

Vote: Vult

I've decided. This is, by far, town's best and quickest course of action. If we, as townies, wanna win this game quickly, then there is no way lynching Vult won't do that.

Yo (town)Vult, you KNOW that Red Ruy, AggroMed and myself are cleared. So I don't give a f*** if you decide on shooting either Joey or Gova. But for god's sake, just don't shoot anybody that isn't Joey or Gova for who cares what reason.

#HBC | Gorf

My sending in of the recruit PM got f***ed up, and I forgot to resend it. But I suppose that it was for the best seeing how I didn't leave crumbs, and seeing how Sword died. If my death DID happen, town would have no lead for who I recruited and I'd have been useless.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Yep you got me. I'm scum and you should lynch me.

Are you joking?

If I tried to recruit you and it didn't work... I'd be dead.

@Gova...

No. No he's not.

Remember when AggroMed spoke about "unkillable indys"? Yea you should consider that.

Am I just, like, not here?
What are you talking about? What should I have said that involved you. You used your one shot...

#HBC | Gorf

If I recruited AggroMed last Night, isn't it blatantly obvious that I'm NOT one shot?! Now do me a favour and play pro town by placing your vote on Vult for me mang.

#HBC | Gorf

Are you scum or daft?

Your vote on Gova does absolutely nothing but potentially stall the game. The only real beef you have on his slot was probz inactivity, whilst Vult has almost NOTHING but scummy bullshiz behind his back. AND, if you're town, then lynching Vult means he'll probz shoot Gova, the only other remaining non confirm'd town to you. I promise on my town read on you that lynching Vult is the most efficient option we as townies can strive to pursue. Do you want to be a bad townie? Or do you want to be known as ChuDat, the most awesome of awesome melee players that helped take down the evil doers at this tourney?

Thought so. Now vote Vult.

unvote vote: Vult

Look at this post:
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12791296&postcount=1062

Scum did not kill on N2. Scum were eradicated by N4, which is convenient for the fact that there was no kill last night. This indy is not a killer. He's a lyncher or a marker, nothing more. Survivor would not prolong the game like this and it can't be an SK.

Vult's been playing the self-preservation card all along. His claim has been self-preservational and this sudden flip to no lynch, when nothing is going to kill anything in the first place, is him buying time for himself and himself alone. Town has no reason to NL in this scenario. This is not MyLo, there's no scum to force into action.

If he is what he is, he wouldn't have claimed it. He would've died and shot us. Incredibly dumb play from a guy we know is not this dumb. Gova and Joey can die tomorrow and the next day, but nothing about Vult's play suggests he's town.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Here's how I see it:
- there's no Town Doctor or Roleblocker, thus
- the Indy is kill-immune, thus
1. the Indy is probably NOT investigation-immune
2. the scum have tried to kill the bulletproof Indy twice -- the only explanation for the missing kills.

Yeah, I lied about Vengeful. I'm Vanilla. I wanted to gauge people attitudes towards lynching me knowing that AM would also die, and I also didn't want to be quicklynched while I was away.

Let's think about this logically people:
Vult has been on Town's viable lynch list since D1
> Why would scum attempt to kill BP Indy Vult, TWICE?
(Hint: they didn't.)

Top Bottom