• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee Tournament @ Jimz Gamer Lounge in Port Moody BC

Diakonos

Smash Lord
I really don't like the idea of hosting somewhere if there is a venue fee. We have a hard enough time getting 30+ people to show up for a tournament-- why make people give $15 extra dollars to some guy so we can use his space? We might as well host at Eric's which is big and comfortable, and does NOT make us pay $35 in total...

:(

Sanu

Smash Champion
I'm guessing you two aren't coming this weekend Manli? :p

JulyZerg

Smash Cadet
I care about the food more than this game... i dont mind paying 15 for good food... like a lot of food.. not 3 pieces of chicken and a pop *** that ****

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
$15 is a little too much for the venue fee...

If it's like this for future events were not gonna use this place ever again...

Unless of course it's like worth the $15 XD

Harrisburg

Smash Journeyman
promise a lot of food, and ppl will go. we want moneys worth, most ppl are gonna lose money from just entering the tourney, they dont wanna lose anymore than they have to from venue fee,

so promise lots of food!

actually...$15 is too much manggs make it 10 . <3

Patooty

Smash Ace
yeah i agree. Having the venue fee the same as the amount for singles AND doubles is so steep. i dont mind paying venue fee, like 5 bux. But with food as well it could be good at 10. I think people will be way more willing with 10 than 15 which means more people will go which means more TOTAL moneys.

Harrisburg

Smash Journeyman
waste of money, to just try it out.

if its the first time we're going then THEY'RE the ones that should be trying to get us,

Harrisburg

Smash Journeyman
NO, WE HATE YOU NOW.

is that what you think? LOL, we just dont like the price, not like we're insulting you or anything.

Yakal

Torquasm-Rao
k well i'm wanting this to work well so that we could get this to be a monthly thing or something and if that were to happen the price would be greatly reduced but we need many people to attend and atm we don't exactly have that

so people just try and suck it up this once and if enough people show then it'll all be good

if worse comes to worse then I will post pone this tournament until we can get enough peoples to come and for it to be run a bit smoother k?
GOOD NEWS

$10 door fee is now happening

love me again please </3

Harrisburg

Smash Journeyman
**** $10. unless its like all you can eat bbq then **** that. gay bs shiet mangg

Clouderz

Smash Ace
Wny doesnt anyone have money

lol owait im still a little kid i get allowance and dont pay bills GG bc

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
South-east of New Zealand, and no, you'll never fi
lol i don't even think that's it. A lot of people just cheap-os!!! lol
10 is betta. I hope bbq is good :)
Yeah, I'm probably going to have to get some sort of loan to pay for text books this year, but I'm still coming. Man up, people.

LOL
This
Isn't
Actually
Blank
Space!

I
Bet
You
Feel
Really
Stupid
If
You
Quoted
Me
Before
Noticing
Any
Of
This!

... man up...

Yakal

Torquasm-Rao
k so tournament at jimz gamer lounge WILL COME WITH BBQ

Date: August 30th
Time: Tournament Starts at 1pm, the venue opens at 12, registration also starts at 12. Tournament is set to end at 7pm so we gotta get this sh*t done FAST for friendlies and stuff
Door Fee: $10 per person
Singles Fee: $10 per person
Doubles Fee: $5 per person ($10perteam)

ADDRESS
99 moray street, Port Moody, BC.

Directions:
Public Transit -
1) millenium line to VCC Clarke towards LOUGHEED STATION(1 stop before production/sfu station).
2) 97 B-line to Coquitlam Station and get off at ST.Johns / Moray St(There will be a dairy queen on your right and a car dealership of sorts on your left)
3) cross the road and jimz gamer lounge will be on your left (has halo/mariokart stuffs on the front doors)
Car - GoogleMap that sh*t

RULES:

•4 stock
•2/3 sets
•3/5 Winners/Losers/Grand Finals
•8 minute time limit
•Items off
•Ties broken by lives, then %
•First stage agreed upon or random
•Dave’s Stupid Rule (DSR): No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage.
•Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime.
•Stage Knock Out: Each person may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set, it must be chosen at the beginning of the set, after initial characters are chosen.
•Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or select to go random. The winner may then change their character, followed by the loser.
•Bring your own controller
•Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.

- Singles Stages on random – Final Destination, Dream Land 64, Fountain of Dreams, Battlefield, Yoshi’s Story And Pokemon Stadium.
- Singles Counterpicks - Peach's Castle, Rainbow Cruise, Jungle Japes, Corneria, GreenGreens, Brinstar, MuteCity, PokeFloats, and Kongo Jungle.

- Doubles Stages on random - Final Destination, DreamLand 64, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, and Pokemon Stadium.
- DOubles Counterpicks - Corneria, Brinstar, PokeFloats, Kongo Jungle, and Rainbow Cruise.

All other levels are BANNED

PLEASE BRING MELEE DISKS/MEMORY CARDS

Hopefully all will run smoothly and this could turn into a monthly thing, though we will see!

DaZe

Smash Apprentice
I'll show up, gotta get some island representation after all.

Harrisburg

Smash Journeyman
i remember daze was up for PR contention before. but thats all i remember and its so vague. im not even sure anymore haha

DaZe

Smash Apprentice
Yeah but that was a long time ago and they were considering me for 8 or 9. From what Tim told me when he was back in Victoria, I don't think I'm PR material right now.

Sion

Island of Horizon
Yeah but that was a long time ago and they were considering me for 8 or 9. From what Tim told me when he was back in Victoria, I don't think I'm PR material right now.
IT'S DAZE! Hope you can make it out to this tournament! Should bring Kuriko, livery, or any other islanders.

Yakal

Torquasm-Rao
oh mah gawd DAZE MAH BOIIIIII
remember when we teamed and I used your tag for like a month lol

dude man bring everybody from vanisland with you!
howard, matt, matt, matt, matt, matt, matt, matt, francua, rob, matt, matt, and especially MATT!!

DaZe

Smash Apprentice
Dude I'd bring them in a heartbeat but there's two problems with that.

One: I'm not coming from Victoria. I'm staying at a hotel in Burnaby for the next few weeks since I'm working the PNE for the Navy.

Two: They all said that they didn't want to go.

Top Bottom