• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee Tournament @ Jimz Gamer Lounge in Port Moody BC

JulyZerg

Smash Cadet
I came to play smash! screw DotA, temporarily. I have gotten so much better with my hero falco. But that doesn't mean i'll MM anyone.. im not confident enough..

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
Lol then I probably wont go, I'll have nothing to do when smash gets boring after 5 minutes.

R

resonance

So who's bringing the TV's and setups?
Jimz Gamer Lounge will be providing the tvs + most of the set-ups. We might bring a gamecube or two. We are definitely bringing the memory cards though of course.

Sion

Island of Horizon
Is that list really real? That's pretty weak, BC.

The July 4th tournament had more people than this.. and this is a nice gamer lounge!

Clouderz

Smash Ace
What on earth? lol

BC isn't used to venue fees cuz brown town stepped up for many a year and hosted free tournies with free food! Getraped gaming lounge! :laugh:
why doesnt browntown still do that? ;[ obviously we wouldnt go to a lounge where we had to pay a venue fee if their was a local tournament that someone hosted but certain sly people accidentally break things n stuff like that so if they try that **** at the lounge they have to pay for it i would guess lol

its still a nice place though :D
with really dope chairs Lol

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
roflmao @ Clouderz's money match request. I'm not even sure if I can make it to this tournament.

Can OP change my tag on the front page to Lib3r4t3 from liberate? I would be much obliged. :)

edit; You mentioned you have TVs there. Are they HDTVs or CRTs? The slightest screen lag in the HDTVs will hinder us greatly. if you don't have CRTs, I'm quite sure the attending can bring them.

Sion

Island of Horizon
me and 2 others prob coming. how much is venue fee?
I actually don't know myself. You guys should post more info of the tournament as the date draws nearer!

edit: lib3r4t3, you should come and bring ggx/blaz or something

Yakal

Torquasm-Rao
AJ, clouderz and I played at jimz the other day and the viewsonic tv's are HD but I experienced virtually no lag and took no time to adjust; when eric, resonance, and I played a few weeks ago we played on a much larger HDTV where we experienced slight lag. I myself experienced no lag as falcon and a bit of lag as falco, though on the TV's that we'll be using I felt no lag as any character (Played quite a few including all of top/high/most of mid tier) so you don't have to worry about that.

ON A SIDE NOTE
PLEASE BRING MELEE DISKS AND MEMORY CARDS PLZPLZPLZ

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Mem cards?

pfffft, all we need in FOXY WOXY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Xzone is probably a nicer venue

just saying

Okanagan has style and sheit

JulyZerg

Smash Cadet
is there any n64 there? btw those LCD tv's lag dont they? out of all the ones I have played on they all lag no matter what size the LCD screen is

Yakal

Torquasm-Rao
adam braughn
lol

aight so we'll ideally have the munnies needed to enter the venue bytheend of this week

Have we decided on amount for the entry fees?

I'm thinking it should be a bit cheaper sincethere's a door fee so maybe like
$5 Singles and $10 doubles ($5/person)
what do you guys think?

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
South-east of New Zealand, and no, you'll never fi
Depends on the demographics that it would be most beneficial to cater to. For example, anyone who thinks they don't have a reasonable chance would obviously like to pay less, but anyone who is there to actually win, especially anyone who would have to travel, probably won't want to also be paying a venue fee on top of other expenses for a cheap tournament where they'll make less.

So... if there are very few pro players in planning to attend, go with a low entry fee, but if there are several pro players potentially on the fence about going to this then go with the higher entry fee.

tl;dr, I use fancy words to say the venue fee actually doesn't make a difference to how tournament fees should be decided.

Yakal

Torquasm-Rao
OK LISTEN UP
Venue fee will be $15(Best we can do at this point and will try my **** hardest to get this reduced to $10 please bare with me)
Singles will be $10
Doubles will be $5 ($10 per team)
There will be BBQ and ****
KK? good

Harrisburg

Smash Journeyman
**** $15. unless its like all you can eat bbq then **** that. gay bs shiet mangg

Top Bottom