• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee Tournament! Buena Park CA

MrPBody

Smash Journeyman
If I do go, PLEASE seperate friends! I do not want to pay 10$ only to play my friend next round knowing its asingle elimination -_-

If its double elimination, then it shouldn't matter.

My 2cents

Lit

Smash Ace
yeah but look at the prize its a wii!! pluz smashh brawl for second i think ill go to shuffle and cut and this if i can

yeah no one is going to be there.. I mean u can go but u going to be playin the cpu the whole time..

Red_Revival

Smash Cadet
alright well. i guess its almost show time then. If i at least beat someone i'll be happy. i'll do my best not to get nervous
we'll see what happens i guess XD

Wreckless

Smash Journeyman
so should i just go to buena park?
OR you can come over and play friendlies with us since we live in the same area. And we can head down to buena park together. anndd it would be nice if you can give us a ride to and back :chuckle:

I'll PM you my phone number.

iconicSLEAZOID

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, I'm about to head to work right now. Big tournament ahead today so I'm looking forward to it. For those who want to participate, please be sure to be there around 4:30pm as sign ups will close at 5:00pm as brackets are made, I'll check back in this thread periodically throughout the day to answer any remaining questions. If there is some reason you can't make it exactly at 5, I can probably hold off the owner and the mob of people for around 5-10 minutes, though no promises.

The tournament has around 30 people thus far without anyone from Smashboards registered (I believe no one from Smashboards has registered yet at least, besides Boo since he lives in the area), so it's going to be pretty big. There will definitely be a few n00bs there, looking at the sign up sheet and who I actually registered while I was working. Not to say that I'm that good either, but I know what's good and bad at least... I'll be playing just to get some tournament exp.

There's probably going to be some byes, but if someone (I only need 1 person) would want to help seed, I'm willing to do so.

If you guys show up and have some questions, my name is Dayne so just ask for me. I have black glasses, and have somewhat of a faux hawk. I'll be wearing a black Play N Trade shirt with a blue shirt under it. I'm working today as well so just try not to bombard me when I'm helping customers....

Remember to bring your own controllers and I'll see you all there. Good luck.

PNTBuenaPark

Smash Rookie
Sorry guys, we don't have chairs. Frankly there isn't enough room for chairs either. TVs are eye level while standing so you won't have to strain your neck or anything. Also please no sitting in the store while matches are going on as there won't be much room for remaining customers to maneuver.

If possible, please wait outside while some of the earlier matches take place. If you want to come in to cheer your friend on during their match, that's fine as well, but things will move a lot faster if we have people outside for the most part until some of the later matches.

To answer someone's question earlier (sorry I didn't look at your User name), you can play friendlies if you want to before the tournament starts. I'm setting up the TVs right now for smash. At around 4:30pm or so I'll tell everyone to get off the TVs, come register, and then wait outside till you're called (this is where your friends can come in and watch, but make sure you can hear your name when we call you from outside). A few matches before semi-finals everyone can come in and watch the remainder of the matches.

Please consider that we're running a game store at the same time this tournament is happening, and space is limited. Thank you and I hope to see you guys there!

Charoo

Smash Champion
If I can attend then I'll help u seed the bracket.

I'm part of the socal power ranking panelist so I should almost know what I'm talking about

The Game II

Smash Champion
I didn't realize I got wifi here. I'm outside the spot, but I don't have much battery left.

Anyway, I believe at last count there were EIGHTY-THREE COMPETITORS, with a few people trying to get in but couldn't (showed up late). The place was packed and still is, nearly four hours into the tournament. I'm going to try to get the bracket in a few minutes and post it.

--GCII

Boolossus

Smash Ace
Good tournament, lots of good people. I'm pretty disappointed with 33rd of 83... but whaterva, just more room to improve. I'll bring Mario Kart DS next time I go to a tournament, so I can play you Glen.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
83 people? Holy ****, thats pretty big for a game store tourney.

Who is Asia? And why did Pbody lose to him?

Rob_West

Smash Journeyman
I did so much bater than I thought I would. After I got pwned by Tofu, I was really ready to call it quits. But I picked myelf up and tied with some other for 17th. I felt confident once more. I had a lot of fun, awesome people and well run. Little crowded, did not expect 80+ people. I don't think anyone did.

This can only help my Peach.

Thanks for holding this tourney. :]

Knivez

Smash Ace
good **** on beating blitz nashuN! but who the hell is Nick L?

way to go noob.

Top Bottom