• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee Tournament 4/5 Lake Mary, Florida

-Spike-

Smash Ace
There is a local Play n Trade in Lake Mary, Florida having a melee tourney on 4/5. Im not a huge Melee fan but I told the owner I would help spread the word for him. The link is listed below and it should have the details.

It starts at 5:00 PM on 4/5 and is double elimination. There is a $10 entry fee. I believe the winner should recieve 50% of pot and 2nd should take 20%. (Dont quote me) I believe its store credit but idk.

* 3721 Lake Emma Rd
* Lake Mary
* Florida, 32746
* United States of America
* From I-4 take exit 98 east towards Lake Mary. The store is located inside the Lake Mary Center between Hungry Howie's & Sally Beauty near Albertson's.

PHONE

(407) 833-4200
OPENING HOURS

Mon-Sat 11AM-9PM, Sun Noon-6PM

http://www.playntrade.com/lakemary

-Spike-

Smash Ace
How far is this from UCF?
Aprroximately 30 min. I live about 5 min away from the store and it takes me about 25 min to get to gigs from my house taking the toll roads (4-17). If i take the back roads it takes me about 35 min.

If you are taking I-4 you can get off on the Lake Mary exit and be within 2 min of the shop. Hope this helps.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Tell the owner he'd make mad extra money if he had doubles and also maybe like brawl singles or something

since he's taking a percent of the pot, it wouldn't hurt him to do it...

-Spike-

Smash Ace
Tell the owner he'd make mad extra money if he had doubles and also maybe like brawl singles or something

since he's taking a percent of the pot, it wouldn't hurt him to do it...
Yea I told him b4 but ill try again. I think hes saving brawl for another day cuz he doesnt want it to run all day. But yea Ill ask him again!

-Spike-

Smash Ace
Is it best of 3 or is there only one match?

Any word on if there will be doubles?
Im pretty sure its best of 3 (best of 5 for Winners', Losers', and Grand Finals)

No doubles... unfortunately

Go here for more details http://www.playntrade.com/lakemary and click under tournaments link and it should have more details. If you guys call you can probably find out exactly how everything is going to be run. Maybe if enough of you guys call they might add doubles.

Thanks for checking out the thread and I hope you guys all make it. If I didn't suck at melee I too would be here. Good luck to all that attend.

So i worded that poorly. Its not that Im not a fan, its just that Im nowhere near as good at melee as i am at Brawl so I dont enjoy playing it as much. But I do enjoy watching!

Hozart

Smash Journeyman
****, I wish I noticed this earlier. Too short notice for me to call off work.

I'll see if I can get someone to cover the shift.

Why is it on an unusual Sunday? And no teams?

This is all goofy, but I'll attend if I can.

-Spike-

Smash Ace
****, I wish I noticed this earlier. Too short notice for me to call off work.

I'll see if I can get someone to cover the shift.

Why is it on an unusual Sunday? And no teams?

This is all goofy, but I'll attend if I can.
I have no idea why its on Sunday. Probably the first melee tourney to take place on Sunday XD! Its all out of wack because this particulary store just recently opened in my area and I think the owners aren't familiar with how the tourney process normally goes.

Zoro

Smash Champion
store credit lol

thats smart

Spike nobody is better at brawl
brawl is like playing smash with chains and shackles. Everyone is just forced to suck.

I like watching brawl like the roman tyrants liked watching condemned criminals fight lions.Its entertaining to watch them struggle in vain.

Col Bol

Smash Champion
I have no idea why its on Sunday. Probably the first melee tourney to take place on Sunday XD! Its all out of wack because this particulary store just recently opened in my area and I think the owners aren't familiar with how the tourney process normally goes.
Any way I can contact them and maybe head them in the right direction? I've been going to tourneys for almost 3 years, so i'm really experienced; i can even help them run it or run it all by myself lol

Edit: Okay i looked at the site and it says
Tournament Starts at 5PM; Tournament will be double elimination 3 stacks no time period; Winner takes 50% of pot, 2nd place takes 20% (in store credit)See store or call 407-833-4200 for details
lol 3 stacks
get rackcracked

my thoughts:

not sure if 1st place gets cash and 2nd gets credit, or both get credit, or what, but ill try to call him though and see if he won't change it to 4-stocks, 8-minute timer, correct stages, maybe even cash mooney payouts, as well as a 3rd place payout (maybe like gigs's old way, 50/15/5).

-Spike-

Smash Ace
Any way I can contact them and maybe head them in the right direction? I've been going to tourneys for almost 3 years, so i'm really experienced; i can even help them run it or run it all by myself lol

Edit: Okay i looked at the site and it says

lol 3 stacks
get rackcracked

my thoughts:

not sure if 1st place gets cash and 2nd gets credit, or both get credit, or what, but ill try to call him though and see if he won't change it to 4-stocks, 8-minute timer, correct stages, maybe even cash mooney payouts, as well as a 3rd place payout (maybe like gigs's old way, 50/15/5).
I appreciate it colbol. Good lookin out. Like I said before, I dont know much about melee (i play brawl XD) I just wanted to put the word out there about this tourney for all your meleers. Good luck to all of you that attend. I probably wont be able to come and watch due to work =( but hopefully i can get out early.

Hozart

Smash Journeyman
Just got word from work and I will be going to this. Col-bol let's get some matches.

I'll help you talk to the manager. There's a lot of money that can be made from Melee and Brawl tournaments. Just ask gigabits.

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
OK, I called the PnT up and here's what I got!!!

Rules:

1 v 1
3 stock
Final Destination only
No time limit
No items

Payout:

1st: 50% cash
20: 20% cash

He said we can vote at the venue if we want to do top 3 payout, which would mean some comes away from 1st's winning!!!

There is no store credit unless we want it for some reason!!!

No doubles for now, maybe if enough people show interest he said!!!

We can bring our own TVs if we want!!!

That's all I got, if anyone else wants to call feel free to do so!!!

I'm cool with 3 stock, FD only, and no doubles since I know it's their 1st melee event and they are just seeing how it goes!!!

But I do think we should vote at the venue for top 3 payout!!!

:colorful:

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I think if their taking a percent of the pot, we can probably convince them to have doubles!!

But only if there's at least 6 teams...

Finch

Smash Lord
Would he not budge on stock and stages? It would be better to at least have 4 stock all neutrals it he allows it.

No doubles is fine for their first melee tournament.

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well I don't think he'd mind on changing stocks or stages, I didn't push those at all cause to me it's ok!!!

So I guess what I'm saying is other people should call if they want him to change those or at the tourney we should vote for it changed!!!

:colorful:

Col Bol

Smash Champion
Probably can't make it to this cause i haven't been doing so well in school
get grounded

but my parents are gonna be out of town from the 5th to the 12th so thats why ill be able to make it to Tallahassee

also Andy how did you get a green name?!?!

edit: However, now that I think about it, if i finish all my homework that needs to be done and read a lot and such and give them the old puppy dog eyes they might let me go

might

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Probably can't make it to this cause i haven't been doing so well in school
get grounded

but my parents are gonna be out of town from the 5th to the 12th so thats why ill be able to make it to Tallahassee

also Andy how did you get a green name?!?!

edit: However, now that I think about it, if i finish all my homework that needs to be done and read a lot and such and give them the old puppy dog eyes they might let me go

might
**** Colbol, pull your grades up. :/ I wish I could make this, melee has been dying in SFL.

NERV

Smash Rookie
I wanna know why you and your crew always make it to random *** tourneys like this and otronicon but dont come to gigabits, florida gaming or WATO.
We almost always attempt to go, but usually something always seems to come up or someone decides to not give us a ride and we end up not going...it gets pretty frustrating =/

-Spike-

Smash Ace
So I my basketball game got moved back to 5:30 p.m. so I wont be able to attend this event and watch. Its not that huge of an upset for me becuz I dont actually play lol, but I just wanna give a few shout outs. I wanna thank QDVS and colbol for helping out with this tourney. You guys helped alot!

Well I hope all goes well so in the future they will host more melee and brawl tourneys! Good luck to everyone who attends!

Top Bottom