• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee Tournament 4/5 Lake Mary, Florida

Finch

Smash Lord
If me and Andy play in brackets we're just gonna sit on opposite sides of the stage for 3 hours every match. I hope you guys are ready.

Col Bol

Smash Champion
Tournament ran smoothly, but their TVs lagged and they wouldnt let us set up our tube TVs and the rules were funky (single matches, double-elim, 3-stock, FD only, we convinced them to let us do finals best 2/3).

Results:

19 Entrants

1. Colbol ($80)
2. QDVS ($40)
3. Rx- ($20)
4. knihT
5. Garban20
5. BAMN

Andy beat me the first set of GF, then I won the 2nd

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
Tournament ran smoothly, but their TVs lagged and they wouldnt let us set up our tube TVs and the rules were funky (single matches, double-elim, 3-stock, FD only, we convinced them to let us do finals best 2/3).

Results:

19 Entrants

1. Colbol ($80)
2. QDVS ($40)
3. Rx- ($20)
4. knihT
5. Garban20
5. BAMN

lol

i had no ride

it looked quick hehhe

Zoro

Smash Champion

Results:

19 Entrants

1. Colbol ($80)
2. QDVS ($40)
3. Rx- ($20)
4. knihT
5. Garban20
5. BAMN

19 entrants really? I wanted to go

-Spike-

Smash Ace
So it sounds like it went good. Hopefully they will have more melee and have some brawl tourneys. How long did the tourney run?

Finch

Smash Lord
I probably won't go to future ones if all the matches have to be played on laggy TVs. I feel like I only lost due to lag and I didn't have a set to really get a feel for my opponent. I'm not paying an entrance fee if I don't at least learn anything.

NERV

Smash Rookie
Would have been much better with the tube tvs, hopefully if there is another tourny the owner will be a little more flexible with the rules and include DOUBLES!!!

Colbol is just too good

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
This was one of the greatest tournaments ever.

Got there at 5 PM, left by 7:30 PM.

Doubled my money.

Got REALLY lucky and almost beat QDVS.

I had the MOST fun.

-Spike-

Smash Ace
This was one of the greatest tournaments ever.

Got there at 5 PM, left by 7:30 PM.

Doubled my money.

Got REALLY lucky and almost beat QDVS.

I had the MOST fun.
Nice! And garbanzo let you down ? XD

ShinGuara

Smash Rookie
Sup peeps. I work at the PNT where this took place (my name is James, you may of seen me spectating and player idle smash people via street fighter 4). Just letting you know that after the SF4 tournament in the first week of May, we ARE doing a doubles tournament for smash. Also, if you have input about specific rules or settings you want, or ones you'd prefer that weren't included in the most recent tourny, all you gotta do is stop by and talk to either myself, Brett (he was on the mic saying who would play at what times), or the owner Fabio. That or you can just call and give some suggestions so that you all have a great time. We love hosting these events, getting everyone together, and since Smash is one of the more popular ones, we wish to run them frequently.

For those complaining about the tv's, same deal, come in, explain where we would setup and how it would improve your gameplay. You can message myself on AIM via Ordoshin if that's easier.

As for Sundays, it tends to work out best on those days. As you know, we are also a store, and we are usually slammed on Saturdays, so the place can be quite the zoo if we have tournaments + shoppers all over, but AGAIN, if you feel Saturdays would benefit as a whole, just stop by / message / whatever and we'll see what we can do.

I don't frequent these forums but I do stop by occasionally so, best way is to either message me on AIM @ ordoshin, myspace@ www.myspace.com/divinefists, or stop by the store. No, I don't play smash on a competitive level (and I don't use Marth/Falco~ect, I use my earthbound duders =P )

Lookin forward to suggestions and visits.

Top Bottom