• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Melee Social Thread and stuff

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Wow, really?

I'm pretty surprised wow.

Its a good thing people who play this game like, LOVE this game that it can still be around even when discs are so scarce.
lol haley they haven't had gamecube stuff in gamestop for at least 2 or 3 years now. pretty sure they straight up discontinued "last gen" product from their store, or at least gamecube for sure, so you'll only find things like that at your local used game stores.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
lol haley they haven't had gamecube stuff in gamestop for at least 2 or 3 years now. pretty sure they straight up discontinued "last gen" product from their store, or at least gamecube for sure, so you'll only find things like that at your local used game stores.
I think I've seen some ps2/GC stuff at gamestops near here?

Actually meh, I have awful memory and the last time I went to a gamestop was months ago so who knows I might be saying garbage.

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
Wow, really?

I'm pretty surprised wow.

Its a good thing people who play this game like, LOVE this game that it can still be around even when discs are so scarce.
I haven't used a legit melee disc since 2010, I think, so you're right. People always find a way ;)

Rolton Cussell

Smash Cadet
We just had a local tourny at my college and we were tying to get a few extra melee disks to have more stations going on at once during the tournament, I had to call 5-6 places in Austin where I live just to find one. :3

Bones0

Smash Legend
Is there any smashers near the NEPA area(within 2 hours in PA) Me and my friends are looking to play some melee with people other than ourselves.
Idk if you ever got help, but you can check the pinned thread in Melee Discussion with Facebook groups for each region. You can also check the Tournament Listings for tournaments nearby. Once you go to a tournament, you can usually ask the TO or players where they are at and find someone near you who will know who the other local players are.

Leirkov

Smash Cadet
Got destroyed in my first local today, even though I know a lot about the game and watching pros, it amazes me what the good players can do. Hyped to keep attending.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
the MLG qualifier in Illinois got 25 entrants this weekend.

I hope MLG learned a valuable lesson on this matter about hosting low capped tournaments over 2 days with no doubles at a place where no one has heard of with people who have never run a smash tournament before

MUNK

Smash Rookie
Hello. :056::falconmelee: I'm happy this game is still around. I actually knew some tech before seeing how melee could be played.

Sorry if completely off topic. Carry on.

BrahmenNoodles

Smash Cadet
I must say this somewhere but it's just not important enough to put anywhere else....

Tiny Melee is absolutely hilarious :laugh:

MUNK

Smash Rookie
We'll I'm glad I took no flame. And I have to agree tiny melee can be great, especially with some beer and good friends.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Maybe I should go into the tier list thread again. Haven't been there in a long time...

....Nah, I'll live.

Bones0

Smash Legend
the MLG qualifier in Illinois got 25 entrants this weekend.

I hope MLG learned a valuable lesson on this matter about hosting low capped tournaments over 2 days with no doubles at a place where no one has heard of with people who have never run a smash tournament before
OMG, talk about bombing... I didn't even know there was another MLG qualifier coming up until SKTAR... But hey, I guess you got some good seeding points, right? lol

Last edited:

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
I think this is the right place for this question...

I was wondering if any you fine fellas and/or gals could point me in the direction of clean, background-free versions of Melee's offical character artwork? It exists for 64, Brawl and the new one, but Melee's are weirdly hard to find, except for a couple of characters.

MaPow

Smash Apprentice
TFW your friends don't feel the same way about it as you do :(

but that's awesome. who does he play?
Why cfalc himself. He switched from brawl (where he also played cfalc), so now he has a better time on all fronts even though I'm much better than him. I just remember feeling the same way he does now when i first got into melee. It's true beauty.

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
Why cfalc himself. He switched from brawl (where he also played cfalc), so now he has a better time on all fronts even though I'm much better than him. I just remember feeling the same way he does now when i first got into melee. It's true beauty.
Psst tell him that Roy is god tier and that he should main him

Das beautiful. I've been spending way too much time to try and get people into it, sadly. Some kids laugh at me, the rest are "These people too good, Valve plz nerf" and go back to CS:GO.

If only I had a friend that were into it like I am. Hope your friend does well with Falcon, and I hope he learns to style well, or he'll be eaten alive by all the other Falcon mains.

SAUS

Smash Ace
Psst tell him that Roy is god tier and that he should main him

Das beautiful. I've been spending way too much time to try and get people into it, sadly. Some kids laugh at me, the rest are "These people too good, Valve plz nerf" and go back to CS:GO.

If only I had a friend that were into it like I am. Hope your friend does well with Falcon, and I hope he learns to style well, or he'll be eaten alive by all the other Falcon mains.
You can always make friends who already play the game :p Many of my closest friends are people I met at smashfests.

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
You can always make friends who already play the game :p Many of my closest friends are people I met at smashfests.
Unfortunately for me my parents are like totalitarians. They're starting to warm up to the idea of a 14 year old going places, though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom