• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Melee Social Thread and stuff

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hmmm smashboards is a decent place to talk about it, but because of how this place is organized, and the general rule against "advertising," i think reddit.com/r/smashbros might be better.

Psycho_Bayleef

Smash Apprentice
Tried searching for a thread where we could sell/trade controllers and parts with ppl. Is there one? would such activity of selling and trading be allowed?

I mainly want this because I've got some controllers that are more suited for floaty players since they are stiffer. I prefer my controllers a little looser. I've also got controller shells to trade/sell, in case anyone wants to use or to practice painting on.

If I can start a thread like that, we could post descriptions of the controllers, as well as what specifics you are looking in a controller.

I know there is ebay and amazon, but i would like to be able to talk to the smashers about controllers. And if trust is an issue, we could link (through private message) to an ebay/amazon posting we create for the specific item, and do the transaction through ebay/amazon.
So start the thread yo

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
hmmm smashboards is a decent place to talk about it, but because of how this place is organized, and the general rule against "advertising," i think reddit.com/r/smashbros might be better.
Yea, as a moderator I can supplement this saying you may run into issues on this site. Reddit definitely could be a better alternative.

S P O N G E

Smash Cadet
Nice, it's 11 o'clock at night over here in England. Just playing smash whist watching spongebob.

HodgyDot

Smash Apprentice
Anyone playing smash in mw/south wanna help a new player? Just started the other day just looking for general guiding while playing lol

Geranimo

Smash Cadet
I just think of that... Imagine a smash game dedicated to pokemons, melee physics, melee stages + pokemon stages bonus

I would die happy

IndianapolisCentralGaming

Banned via Warnings
I wish smashers were like from animes in how everyone is a gimmick like I want to a smasher start claiming he is the eggman and talks mad trash with egg puns, cause I would

just

crack

up

but like someone dressed up as jesus the messiah of smash, or girl who plays like a crab http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6k_VdXL63E
like i,m talking about being so off mother's hide their children when they see these people kind of weird gimmicks

like I might enter doubles as icg and singles as johnny two steps, cause johnny two-steps ain't just one step ahead he knows to take the extra step then start rumors in my pools about myself that are crazy as h*** and in doubles wear a cape and a fancy mask/hat. who is this icg and is johnny his real name?

Last edited:

Beat!

Smash Master
I dunno what's worse, the fact that you guys didn't realize until now, or the fact that you outed him. Now he's banned, great job. ;__;

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Us over at the Smash 4 boards (specifically 8-peacock-8) found this.
Just like to bring it to your attention.

Sparknotes version:
These are E-reader+ cards that were only found in Japan.
Mostly likely would've been shown at an event at a hotel (name isn't specified).
They are a little faulty, most likely due to them being a prototype.
Nintendo cancelled it for some reason.
There are believed to be five cards packs still in existence.

This set of cards is believed to have given the player Leon S. Kennedy (No joking).

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
For those curious, I've provided a translation of the unlocking message.

This is the unlocking message in Japanese: あなたがギフトのキャラクターをアンロック!レオンケネディは今あなたのものです!
Translated, it is something like this: "You unlocked a gift character! Leon Kennedy is now yours!"

To clarify:
[collapse="Basically, a translation of each element of the phrase"]あなた = You
が = (Subject particle)
ギフトのキャラクター = Gift character
を = (Object particle)
アンロック = Unlock
レオンケネディ = Leon Kennedy
は = (Topic particle)
今 = Now
あなたのもの = Your thing
です = Is[/collapse]

CatcherAndTheRai

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CatcherAndTheRai
Is there any smashers near the NEPA area(within 2 hours in PA) Me and my friends are looking to play some melee with people other than ourselves.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Didn't M2K mention something about another event he was talking about in his ROM7 interview? like MVO or whatever it's called.

Top Bottom