• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Melee Social Thread and stuff

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Think about it. "The praha"
He meant the commentator's name and match reference he started using it, I would have answered by now but I forget myself. I think it was from the same guy who said "Whoever the F said something somethign was the greatest ? of all time, was sadly mistaken"

TheGoat

Smash Ace
Hey everyone, joining the scene (or trying to) as well, ans was wondering something. I main Roy, but I know that Marth is hogher tier and overall better. Should I switch to being a Marth main? and if so, will my experience with Roy carry over to Marth? Thanks in advance.
Marth is an awful character, the next tier list he'll probably be below donkey kong. At least with roy you have originality.

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
Marth is an awful character, the next tier list he'll probably be below donkey kong. At least with roy you have originality.
Huh. I mean, I love Roy and everything. I even main him, But Marth has been proven to be one of the best characters in Melee. He's got nearly everything going for him besides maybe being a bit heavy. And please expand on the originality point. I wanna see why you think that.

Twinkles

Smash Lord
Huh. I mean, I love Roy and everything. I even main him, But Marth has been proven to be one of the best characters in Melee. He's got nearly everything going for him besides maybe being a bit heavy. And please expand on the originality point. I wanna see why you think that.
99% sure he's trolling dawg

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Hi guys. Pika main here that's been playing Melee since I was like... 8. I've been on this board a while but for some strange reason never thought to check out the Melee social, but I'm here now.

Anything new with Melee since EVO?

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
1. The documentary came out.
2. High chance of being at MLG in 2014 (Might already be confirmed, haven't kept up)
3. Apex is in like 2 weeks
4. M2k is good again

WHA?

Smash Ace
Random questions

How does it work when you are making a living out of gaming?
How do the taxes work on that?

Like when Ken was winning loads of money, and now i think M2K is making a living or trying to (i honestly dont know, going off of things i hear)

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
it is your income. you do technically have to pay taxes on it.

although no one will ever do that

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
There is a japanese tier list but it's pretty outdated. I can't find a link to it at the moment.

They only play on Final Destination and Dreamland64, so spam and chaingrabbing characters are slightly higher.

Varist

Smash Lord
There is a japanese tier list but it's pretty outdated. I can't find a link to it at the moment.

They only play on Final Destination and Dreamland64, so spam and chaingrabbing characters are slightly higher.
No ****ing way

Source this wtf

do they not even have a name for randall then?

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
I'm pretty sure they've changed their ruleset to match ours once Japanese players started coming over. When M2k went to Japan, they had same stagelist as ours.

But yes, prior to like 2010 they would only play on FD and dreamland. i think battlefield as well?

Kong

Smash Rookie

Do you know the what the reason is for playing only on FD and DL64? Just curious.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I've never heard any explanation beyond that they think/thought those stages were the best for competition.

McNasty

Smash Rookie
What's up everyone, I'm new to the smashboards and just wanna say hi to everyone. I got mad respect for all of you and am hoping to improve my Melee game, MLG doesn't know anything and Melee should of never been dropped from their roster.

McNasty

Smash Rookie
MLG 2014 FTW. But thanks Var, also speaking on previous conversation, the NA metagame and the Japanese metagame have been merging ever since Capt Jack brought the Japanese SSB scene to the NA's attention, that's when we started merging metagames and when we started trading tips and tricks. Eventually everything just became the metagame for the most part, a combination of skill brought from both sides. Level selection mattered where you were back in the day mostly because the fact the metagame hadn't been so similar.

Top Bottom