• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Melee Social Thread and stuff

Xyzz

Smash Champion
Geez, ever since starting to play Falco my controller consumption increased a lot... one and a half years of Peach: First controller holds perfectly fine (and I bought a used one). Taking Falco seriously for something between half and three quarters of a year and now the third controller is starting to die on me :x

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yeah lol in the past couple years i've added great precision to my game, and now i make a controller go from brand new to slightly wobbly in a few weeks. thankfully though i'm not toooooo forceful and the stick doesn't reach a 'very wobbly' status.

hehe i have very soft moonwalks. i try to be gentle with my controller, but precise

Xyzz

Smash Champion
Haha, I'm just not a very gentle person I guess :D And I think my gameplay has a lot of controlstick movement (tons of reverse shl, dash dances, isai dropped lasers with fast falls, etcpp)
Well, luckily GCCs aren't that expensive, and I still have the option to replace the control stick with a c-stick from another controller and go with that (:

Xyzz

Smash Champion
Hey, since SWF is now in private hands can I get the option to turn off the profanity filter? I'm adult enough to not be offended by swear words, but sometimes guessing the exact meaning is not trivial (especially if Jman gets to post a little and the post consists of more "****" than actual text :D)
Not suggesting it should be the default or anything, just the option to do so would be nice <3

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Hey, since SWF is now in private hands can I get the option to turn off the profanity filter? I'm adult enough to not be offended by swear words, but sometimes guessing the exact meaning is not trivial (especially if Jman gets to post a little and the post consists of more "****" than actual text :D)
Not suggesting it should be the default or anything, just the option to do so would be nice <3
You may want to actually ask the mods. The current regime hasn't made a stance yet, though don't be surprised if they maintain the status quo

Xyzz

Smash Champion
I don't feel strong enough about the whole censoring thing to actually bother somebody. If someone is bored enough to read this thread, he might have the free time on his hands to do something about it, if he thinks it's the right thing to do... but actually causing someone who's already putting in work for the community by moderating additional trouble over something this insignificant?
Naaah, not gonna do that (:

Insom

Smash Apprentice
I agree, I think they should add a button to toggle profanity on/off

Anand

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, classic green samus, always name-searching.

Smooth Criminal, everyone was unbanned thanks to The Second Coming of Smashboards. (Smashboards died for their sin and was resurrected "3 days" later.)

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
317-441-44204

Should You bored gurl.

Also i've been watching animes based on year like soul eater, death note and stuff.

Kusty- send in the clowns ; (

S P O N G E

Smash Cadet
Hey im about to get melee, ive been playing brawl for a bit but watching melee i just felt like it was a lot more technical, any tips for unlocking characters and stages quickly on melee?

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Google 1 player versus mode glitch for practicing or else get an action replay and you can get a code to use c stick in training mode.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
@Anand

AR - make c-stick not gay

v1.0
T1PY-QR55-E4EWG
GCH0-5WBT-26FY8

v1.2
JN4B-39JC-U0HP1
6WQH-WZFF-RRCAG